[Jagged Alliance Online] How and where to grind cash?

23 posts

Flag Post

The scariest thing about this game is that it’s very difficult to grind cash in this game especially when you reach a reputation cliff (where your equipment and skills fail to keep up with your reputation and the hardness of the missions).

Can anyone help with how and where to grind cash? 40-43 merc level. thanks.

Flag Post

45.1. Easy mission, fast, and only one armored enemy out of 19 (and then the head is not armored, hint hint.)

It should pay $13500 a pop at your level, plus the drops, and all you’ll have to maintain if you do it right are the guns (and buying new ammo). Once it gets boring try 45.2. It’s not much harder, but quite a bit longer, and the XP reward for your mercs is excellent (especially compared to the reputation reward, so your rep won’t be outpacing your mercs so much.) 45.3 continues the trend. 45.4 is a trap. Just saying.

Flag Post

Thanks. I actually got owned on 45.1 really badly because the enemies have armor piercing rounds or something like that … any tips on how to beat it?

Flag Post

lol … i’ve pretty much run out of cash now …

Flag Post

Cash grinds can be had from lower level runs as well if you count the drops – prestige maps often drop better, so lower level prestige maps may be a good place to start, especially if you get all achievements.

A daily return reward will help in the future…or you could buy cash for gold now and make us a happy developer ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by CliffhangerDev:

Cash grinds can be had from lower level runs as well if you count the drops – prestige maps often drop better, so lower level prestige maps may be a good place to start, especially if you get all achievements.

A daily return reward will help in the future…or you could buy cash for gold now and make us a happy developer ;)

I’ve grinded the chilean prestige mission 3 times and there have been no drops lol. 0. And in grinding it I net -2000. wtf??

I’m sorry for complaining … but i can’t seem to dig myself out of this hole and I’m becoming extremely frustrated for all sorts of shitty advice that doesn’t make sense.

Flag Post

I didn’t get any drops when I played the Red Hot Chilean mission either, which surprised me. Is it a bug?

Flag Post

Are you sure?
It should have loot drops like all other missions as well … but I´ll check it out to be sure.
Until then I suggest 33.2 – You should be able to finish it quite quickly and the loot items sell for some good money.
Still, if you do it right, 45.1 is the best mission to get cash and good drops.

Flag Post

I had same issue with running out of money at around reputation level 43. The repair/reheal costs ate away at my money and I had two bad missions which I couldn’t recover from. I’m done with this game until they fix the economy at the higher levels.

Flag Post

Which is why we will include a daily return screen which gives cash – we do not want to stop sanctioning loss and rewarding win, so you gameplay has real consequences. But we don’t want your losses to lead to a dead end. However I also want to remind you that you always have the option to heal all and repair all with gold. And yes, that would mean you pay for the game, but presumably you had fun until now as well :)

Flag Post

The Chilean map bug seems still to persist, btw- no drops at all on this map…- And, yes: The Reputation to Cash ratio (meaning: you gain reputation waaay to fast compared to the money you can earn), and the amount of reward for redoing simpler maps (e.g. for prestige) are a turn-off and need some definite rebalancing. If you are stuck at some point, which can happen really easy, you have next to no chance to recover. For “casual” players (“only” 2-3 maps per day…) , even the upkeep for the mercs(!) can simply kill the game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cliffhangerQA:

Are you sure?
It should have loot drops like all other missions as well … but I´ll check it out to be sure.
Until then I suggest 33.2 – You should be able to finish it quite quickly and the loot items sell for some good money.
Still, if you do it right, 45.1 is the best mission to get cash and good drops.

I’ve generally found that the prestige missions rarely drop any loot on here or Gamingo.

Flag Post
i’ve pretty much run out of cash now
Same here at mid 30’s.

prestige maps often drop better
Multiple runs of (63) Brazil and (96) Chile. No drops at all. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

A daily return reward will help in the future…or you could buy cash for gold
Until then, I’m basically stuck.

i can’t seem to dig myself out of this hole
Ditto. I’m on the edge. Repairing, healing, rehiring mercs … I can’t really get anywhere. And I can’t get better equipment / upgrade anything due to this.

I didn’t get any drops when I played the Red Hot Chilean mission either, which surprised me. Is it a bug?
Are you sure?
I am sure. Multiple runs. I basically lose money trying these.

But we don’t want your losses to lead to a dead end.
My WINS are heading me towards a dead end.

you always have the option to heal all and repair all with gold.
I may have to go this route just to get my head above water – one of the cheapest gold things to do. My fear/opinion is that the cash bottleneck may turn a lot of people away after rep~35 or so. You need to make money, I get that, but with fewer players there’s less overall opportunity to make ANY money. (Unless your plan is to cater specifically to the whales. In that case, carry on.)

Looking forward to these daily rewards. It may be the only thing that keeps the casual player (myself included) playing.

Cheers!

Flag Post

OK here’s some advice guys.

I’ve done ok with my money on Kong, I’ve got just over 100K in my 30’s and full base upgrades for my level/resources. On restarting in the Gamingo server I have around 500K at the same rep level. These tips won’t necessarily get you out of a hole but they will help if you start off doing them.

General Tips:

- Be stingy with your cash when buying equips, especially at lower levels. You don’t really need the most up to date gear in every area (I make sure my snipers have good guns and head gear though).
- Maximize your utility from the rent-a-mercs when you get them.
- Do missions that are below your level as you should take less damage.

Going the extra mile:

- Compare the cash to rep ratio for missions. You get less cash based on rep level. Make sure your rep levels slowly compared to the amount of cash you get from the mission. Optimal missions may only give you 1-4K.
- Use more snipers. I used 2 snipers on Gamingo and it helped a lot. The others mostly just follow them around as pack mules. (I’ve only done up to mission 25 so far though)
- Grind the same map over and over. Once you get used to a map it’s quite easy to do it with little damage if you are careful (up to mission 25 anyway)
- Once you have gotten a gold medal you don’t need to get all the objectives. I don’t do this but you could even make sure you get only 1 objective and then you only get +10% cash, which will improve your cash to rep ratio.

Other measures you can take:
- You can ignore upgrades to your warehouse.
- Play PVP to level up and make missions easier. You will also get access to honor weapons that can make a big difference.

Flag Post

In my oppinion its very easy to collect cash here, so here are few tips from me

Repairing:
- do not repair all items after every mission, i repair armor only on red and weapon on orange alerts
- if you chace is above 50% use just repair items, no chance items
- if it gets lower use one repaire items and 2 chance items, to make sure you success in first attempt

In that way its only 1k cash max for item, every let’s say 5 missions, when single won mission gives you 10k $

Healing: same as above, but if you play good and have good armor, you dont need healing

Buying: generally invest in you base and in best EQ possible, it will pay out (just notice that higher lvl weapon is not always better).

Missions:
- till lvl 34-35 its really easy, i dont even remember it, just do new missions. Important is to not try collecting stars (do it when you are lvl50 if you are collectors), most important is to keep you cost low what means not get shoted at all.
- then we unlock real cash mine mission 33.5. Your objective is to destroy 3 objects and that’s all. So to do it right you dont start any fight, just sneak near to this objects and shot at explosives. Its perfectly possible with just 2 merces (even 1 i think, but didnt try it), in less then 5 min, with 1 star (not receive hits) and gives 10k cash. After few tries you should master the way, how to do it, just need some thinking ;)
- around lvl 43-44 we can do 45.1 mission, all writen above, just to let them hit you, it took me around 5 tries to master it without being hited most times with just normal green items (in this mission you can find many purple items better then this green).
- to advance from lets say lvl47 to lvl50 just to higher lvl missions, but 45.1 will be always usefull to grind cash if you need it, becase i had always lik 150k free cash after this 33.5 mission ;)

Good luck in advancing till lvl50 in one week, its fasters MMO i ever played ;)
And sry for my english, i hope it’s readable.

Flag Post

All above is absolutely correct and the advice especially from Vautrin is detailed one.

I would just recommend one more thing, when Warzones are open,try it out. Missions are slightly harder than normal ones on same level,but you can get nice rewards there.I personally found many weapons/pieces of armor there that i used for long time. Also these missions dont add reputation,so they can help to level up your mercs even more.

Just be careful,they can be tricky and the costs can be pretty harsh there.Happened to me on few occassions (when i went for medalhunts with low number of mercs),but generally i gained a lot.

Flag Post

Just responding to say THANK YOU to the last three posters – esp. Vautrin.

For those coming in after me, mostly reiterating:

- Yes, get to mission 33.5 ASAP. I got there late, due to mission 33.3 giving me fits, prestige missions being nearly pointless, needing to farm lesser missions, etc. (By the time I started farming 33.5, I was making only $5k to start.)

- Basecamp workshop and hospital take precedence over storage – but check your storage every so often so that none are full(red.) You won’t get some rewards if it’s already full.

- (I could be at the 45 missions by now had I played more optimally.)

- Yes, (level appropriate) Warzones are great if you can do them successfully. I’m still using gear from the first one, decent cash sellers if not.

Again: Thanks to the above posters, and GL to those who follow!

*edit: and yes, mission 45.1 is a great cash grind. (I skipped over the 41’s.)

Flag Post

Spoiler Alert – 33.5 Walk through

There are multiple ways to do this. This is just my way after ~5 tries at this level.

I take 2 snipers and 1 commando.

Sniper 1 – Take 1 sniper south running close to the wall. Then turn west and keep going. As you are coming out of the containers, start walking to reduce noise. Just head towards the plane such that you are in range of the explosive barrel. Don’t engage anyone.

Sniper 2 and Commando – Take both of them north. The goal is to get the further container with the Commando and the closer one with the sniper. Keep running all the way north and west with the Commando along the wall. Sneak up on the further container until it is in range. Don’t engage anyone. With the sniper, engage the gunner from in between the 2 container up north. This will cause him to run towards you. Just circle around the container and then run west. Sneak up and take position near where he was standing and come in range of the explosive.

Blow all three of them in the same turn. Takes 10 turns for me in ~ 5 mins.

Flag Post
Originally posted by starrohan:

There are multiple ways to do this. This is just my way after ~5 tries at this level.

Sniper 1 – Take 1 sniper south running close to the wall. Then turn west and keep going. As you are coming out of the containers, start walking to reduce noise. Just head towards the plane such that you are in range of the explosive barrel. Don’t engage anyone.

Sniper 2 and Commando – Take both of them north. The goal is to get the further container with the Commando and the closer one with the sniper. Keep running all the way north and west with the Commando along the wall. Sneak up on the further container until it is in range. Don’t engage anyone. With the sniper, engage the gunner from in between the 2 container up north. This will cause him to run towards you. Just circle around the container and then run west. Sneak up and take position near where he was standing and come in range of the explosive.

This can be a very useful grind and some ppl can do it in 1-2 mins without taking damage. At rep 50 you only get around $500 but you also accumulate resources, med supplies and toolkit items (I even found epic armour in the end mission rewards).

Flag Post
Originally posted by AndrewC43:
Originally posted by starrohan:

This can be a very useful grind and some ppl can do it in 1-2 mins without taking damage. At rep 50 you only get around $500 but you also accumulate resources, med supplies and toolkit items (I even found epic armour in the end mission rewards).

Just to clarify, can the 1-2 mins be done at 3x level as well? Or are you saying you need a lvl 50 merc with high AP?
If yes, then I will try to figure the path for 1-2 mins.

Flag Post

You don’t need high AP but high AP does help, because of course the more mercs you bring the longer it will take (just with making all those clicks and waiting for the animations).

Flag Post

I’ve found a nice way to complete the 33.5 map with just my main merc. A scout with crossbow (silent weapon!) can do it in less than 5 mins. I guess any stealthy merc with a silent weapon could do this. Having some perception is certainly of help there too. Most important thing is to not get seen or heard by the enemy.

Start running to the right from the starting location. Sneak along the right side until you can shoot the northmost tank, move to shoot the other tank and then get back to the starting location along the same route you used. Then head to the left and sneak along the left side to the plane. Shoot it. That’s it.

Takes a few tries to find optimal path, but it’s easy and safe once you figure it out. My record time is 4:23, but I’m sure somebody could do better. I first tried this with a level 42-43 merc, but probably you could do it with a 30+ merc if you have a silent weapon.

Flag Post

WHat about grinding cash at lvl 50? I personally go for 50.2, quick an easy, but perhaps there are better ways from your experience?