[Skyshard Heroes] [Dev] World Map Beta

25 posts

Flag Post

Yes, it’s buggy for now :p

We’re testing the new World Map feature.. kind of a trial by fire, but we’re getting a bunch of feedback already on what new features to add, bugs, and other balance suggestions. Post here with issues you’d like improved. For now, you can click on the Trophy button (upper right) to get the same old battle list, so you can bypass the World Map if there are any bugs that are killing it.

There is also another issue with Defending, which we’re working on as a top priority and will get a fix out ASAP.

Flag Post

Quick glance;

1) Drop the auto-centering when returning to world map and add a button to auto-center to your town. It’s ANNOYING when I scout someone and wanted to see their coords but it ends up sending me back to my location on the map forcing me to find it again.
Edit: Just noticed the bookmark feature. Great stuff! Still want the instant auto-center dropped, badly.

2) Scouting the same tile twice in a row breaks the game.

3) Tilesets change background of your city on world map. AWESOME. However it seems I have to refresh for the new tileset image to take effect.

Flag Post

there needs to be an easier way to find specific people in the world map its like finding a needle in a haysack

Flag Post
Originally posted by Manaco:

Quick glance;

1) Drop the auto-centering when returning to world map and add a button to auto-center to your town. It’s ANNOYING when I scout someone and wanted to see their coords but it ends up sending me back to my location on the map forcing me to find it again.
Edit: Just noticed the bookmark feature. Great stuff! Still want the instant auto-center dropped, badly.

2) Scouting the same tile twice in a row breaks the game.

3) Tilesets change background of your city on world map. AWESOME. However it seems I have to refresh for the new tileset image to take effect.

100% Agree with #1 and last part of #3.

Seems interesting up to now though.

Edit: I’m guessing L7 and L8 citadel designs for the map are underway?

Flag Post

i would love to be able to self place towns on map. Maybe have land upgrades for landscape buff?

Flag Post

a free one-time relocate option would be excellent (after you fix issues of course)

Flag Post

i only see land on the map so not been able to use it yet

Flag Post

no game level (not that care for that) no citadel level. what are the numbers before the names. just about everyone i click on are too low to att. just show towns we can attack within our bracket.

Flag Post

I understand the point of this map is to find other players quickly, but why not add a search bar either in world map or in the old battle list format to make it easier and maneuverable? It’s pretty frustrating to have to write down everyone’s coordinates and strain your eyes by trying to look through all of the towns to do so.

Flag Post

1 When you click world map, you should have your city in the center of the screen, and if you were looking at the world map earlier and went back, you should be viewing the same area you were when you left the world map.
2 Add some kind of house icon so you can go back to your own city.
3 a. Access to viewing friend / guild(!!!) member’s city.
….3 b. A LOG (PLEASE!!!) to see what the person has upgraded. ex: Scout friend / guild member town and a log comes up and shows the last 15 things they done and WHEN they did it. 1/17/2013 Level 7 silo upgraded. 1/18/2013 Level 5 Divine Light. Ect.
4 Give more space for each player’s city in world map. See each “tile” in world map? Make sure that the other 9 tiles around each city can not have another player’s city placed on it and have the AI cities only be viewed by each player in this area. This is good so multiple AI cities won’t be spread around in world map, cities won’t be clustered, and if AI is too hard for your citadel level, then go back to the original one you were doing before hand :).
5 For any background equipped, turns both your city and AI cities to that background in world map and battle.

• Much potential with this update, if anything comes to mind, i’ll make a post.

Flag Post

level filter show on map. e.g. I want to see just lvl 30..40 bases

Flag Post

Can we make it so that everyone is not in one cluster-fuck? It lags my computer everytime I go to the world map. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by helg2887:

Can we make it so that everyone is not in one cluster-fuck? It lags my computer every time I go to the world map. :)

agreed plus i mix up many players names with different bases when they are soo clustered together nor i can find out who is in protection or who is not.either introduce a zoom in feature where we can obtain accurate info on a particular sector example – zoom for sector 20 to 30 and -20 to -30 or expand the map and lessen the cluttered bases.

Flag Post
Originally posted by deathreapers:
Originally posted by helg2887:

Can we make it so that everyone is not in one cluster-fuck? It lags my computer every time I go to the world map. :)

agreed plus i mix up many players names with different bases when they are soo clustered together nor i can find out who is in protection or who is not.either introduce a zoom in feature where we can obtain accurate info on a particular sector example – zoom for sector 20 to 30 and -20 to -30 or expand the map and lessen the cluttered bases.

Getting in that cluster also destroyed my hope for getting enough res for forge :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by joelandos:

level filter show on map. e.g. I want to see just lvl 30..40 bases

Totally Agree. Maybe another filter to show not destroyed/protected cits? I tooks ages to find target.

Flag Post

Fixes: (gameplay-affecting issues)
1) Need to fix invisible towns. I can’t see my town on the world map and nobody else has been able to find it. The only people who have been attacking me seem to be people using the old battle list. There are a bunch of people who play regularly who are similarly invisible.
2) Protection is shown for the standard 12-hour period after citadel destruction. However, individual protection that a player gets when you destroy their citadel is not shown on the map and is only indicated when you attempt to place your attacking force.
3) Scouting the same town twice in a row removes the attack and return buttons and forces a refresh.
4) Towns that you destroy do not show destroyed/protection signs until a refresh.

Suggestions: (luxuries, some of which have been stated previously)
1) Filters: level, protection status would make finding available towns to attack much easier.
2) Search function: either by coordinates or name or both.
3) Remove auto-center after returning from a scouted town or allow us to set a “home” auto-center.
4) Need to do some urban renewal in the SSH ghetto. =P (more of a fix, really)

Flag Post

Thanks for the all the suggestions and bugs. We’re working on fixing those now!

Flag Post

GET RID OF THE WORLD MAP. Nobody wants to play a feature where it takes you three freaking years for the damn thing to load. every. single. time. Jesus flipping christ.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Manaco:

GET RID OF THE WORLD MAP. Nobody wants to play a feature where it takes you three freaking years for the damn thing to load. every. single. time. Jesus flipping christ.

We’re working on making that faster.

Flag Post

Updated Map today:

• Map is faster
  • Added Rivals to bookmarks
  • Changed level range back to Cit-based.

Flag Post

Awesome! Map is super-smooth now and not lagging at all. Loads up almost instantly too. Very impressive turnaround from yesterday. <3 Mana Approval Seal.

Flag Post

Manaco: RAGE RAGE RAGE
- 10 hours later -
Manaco: Happy happy happy.

xD Mood-swings much?

Flag Post
Originally posted by AleXinoS:

Manaco: RAGE RAGE RAGE
- 10 hours later -
Manaco: Happy happy happy.

xD Mood-swings much?

XD might be alcohol swings.

Flag Post

as i mentioned in chat. can we have a small map insert where our town is a dot as reference to where we are on the map when we pan through the map. this will give us a sense of orientation. this small feature will make the map much more user friendly and more acceptable to most once they experience it.

oh and if the insert cannot handle this infinite map then divide it into sectors that jump between sectors in the insert
as we move around

Flag Post

Devs, please make it to your first priority that we get back “Rival list”.
Right now You made PvP fighting really buggy :
1.) You have to look through all the bookmarks that you have made. There should be some kind of a icon next to name in bookmarks tab.
2.) Even if you look over all bookmarks, you may not get right information. Animations don’t refresh themselves before refreshing webpage. That means, if I find town that I can attack and when scouting, I see that this town is already destroyed in that time I was looking town to attack. And it is also other way, I have to always refresh and look through all the bookmarks again to see if someone has come out of protection. This leaves me option to refresh all the time or scout every town in bookmarks.

Solution suggestion:
Bring back the “Rival list” with slight changes:
1.) Change “Bookmark” button on World Map to “Add as rival”, which adds this town to your rival list. Which means that it shows all the information what you need for Pvp: Citadel lvl, destroyed/protected/free to attack, attack and victory history.
2.) You can change current bookmarks area to search area. Where you can search by name or by coordinates.

As it is right now that I have to refresh or scout every town in bookmarks, it takes extra 1 hour in a day for active players. And I think that drives a lot of player away from this games, if you think about that season 3 also ends and then you want to use your attacks on PvP. At least I know that I won’t stay here for a long time more if this game gonna take so much time every day just to find people to attack.