[Vorp!] Killing turrets with everyship.

15 posts

Flag Post

In this guide I will show you the best strategy for killing turrets for every single ship in the game

Iron Wolf
Now what i’m about to show you has been kept a secret for a very very long time.
We all know that iron wolf can go behind the wall and use it’s alpha cannons to shoot through the wall and hit the turret. This is extremely SLOOOW and you most likely won’t kill it before enemy respond.
The trick is to run up to the turret and place your territorial defense shield then back off the shield and shoot your missiles and alpha cannons at the turret. Also optional is dropping a Craw to help speed it up before placing shield.
What this will do is it keeps the turret from attacking you and allowing you to deal maximum damage.

Ant
Now we are all aware that you can out range the turrets with ant and that won’t be covered here. What I will show you is how you kill turrets when it is at an extremely bad angle suck as the turret to the first battery.
First you must rush up to the turret shooting missiles then using the spacebar, reverse thrust backward in a straight line while still keeping your curser right where you left it when you attack the turret.
If you let go of spacebar and turret hits you, you will bounce to the side and you will lose your aim and have to redo it all over again

Jabberwocky
Is a fairly straight forward ship. First you move behind the wall where the turret is located. What you do is shoot your boomerblade at the turret and most importantly WAIT for the blade to come back to you nailing the turret a second time. The first time it hits the turret, it will deal the standard damage,but when it hits the turret on it’s way back to you, it will deal double the damage allowing you to kill a turret extremely quickly and take very minimal damage in the process so escaping is a breeze.

Hirudo
Hirudo can kill a turret quite fine but it takes bit longer than other ships. First you charge in and unleash your Shadow/Nectron combo and activate insulator to absorb the few shots. Circle around the turret until your shadow circuit runs out then retreat and come back once it cooldown is over. If you have thrustbleed then feel free to continuously circle the turret. (If you don’t have thrustbleed be very wary of flame turrets)

Angel Fire
This ship is pretty inefficient at killing turrets so it will take a bit of a challenge to do it. For the flame turrets, your vorpal burner upgraded to level 3 will BARELY out range the flame turret so try to find that sweet spot. If you are trying to kill an ordinary turret you will need to have upgraded your ship’s health to level 3 and vorpal burner to lvl 3 to kill it. You will have to be tanky to kill ordinary turrets with the angel so it is not recommended. If you are the suicide bomber type, then you would need to damage a turret till it has 1/3 hp left before your fully upgraded Firey Death will finish it off. Stick to killing flame turrets for this ship unless you are really sure you can tank a turret and escape.

SS Venture
Another ship that is quite terrible at killing turrets but it can be done. Just run in and out triggering photon vorpedoes. Just watch your aim cause vorpedoes tend to miss the turret if fired at the wrong angle and hit the wall.

Shinobi
Fairly simple but takes a while to kill the turret. Run in and out hitting with your fully charged laido slash. Do not just repeatedly fire it because it will drain your energy extremely fast and you will put your life at risk

Circe
This ship has the easiest time killing turrets overall. Just hide behind a corner or a wall and shoot your bindu bolt and it will kill the turret. Doing that does take an average amount of time to kill the turret. If you want to kill it faster. Run up to turret and deploy ghost field and shoot omen sphere at it*(Watch out if it a missile turret, you have to be very close to shoot omen sphere because the missiles bounce the sphere out of trajectory.)* and shoot your bindu bolt at the same time. You will take a few shot but ghost field reduce the damage significantly and after omen sphere is shot, it will absorb the shots of the turret. Doing this will allow you to kill a turret faster, but it is a bit more risky

Clanknor
Extremely easy to kill turrets. Go up to the turret, drop the wall right on top or near the turret then let the turret attack the wall and you destroy it with shotgun. Also optional is putting your gruba turret to help kill it faster and kill any other building near it. Lvl one wall can be destroyed by turrets on few occasions but you will kill the turret by then.

Undulorean
Outrange the turret. If at bad angle like the ant, run up shoot at it then reverse thrust and keep on firing. There more room for mistakes because you can hear your shots hit and your shots spread out

Xxggghhr’thulhu
Like the angel fire, this ship is quite bad at killing ordinary turrets. Stick to killing flame turrets or missile turret. If you see a normal turret being occupied by say a drone, run up and shoot at it and you will take it down pretty quickly. If you must charge a normal turret, then you will have to tank it like the angel fire. Drop storms of horrors to add to damage and just tank the damage. Ancient presence will help heal off some of the damage but once again avoid normal turrets

Torpaz
For flame and missile turret just launch maelstorm and shoot your shards at it. For normal turrets you can launch maelstorm then run and repeat it till it is dead but this is extremely time consuming. You can try to get some of your shard to hit the turret behind a corner but it not worth the effort. Stick to killing flame and missile turrets.

Turbo Hawk
Unfortunately unlike the angel, you don’t outrange flame turrets so you will have to just shoot it at the edge of the turret’s range. You will receive a moderate amount of damage but nothing crazy that you need to worry about. For normal turrets, if it preoccupied by something else shoot it with aero slash from a distance. Aero slash does practically the same damage as pincer gun except that it passes through everything. If you are taking on a normal turret solo, then you will have to get very lucky and pin yourself against the wall and spin with your switchblade. It is extremely difficult as when the turret shoots you, it pushes you away so your blade wont reach. Trying to tank it out with aero slash is senseless as you will take way too much damage for it to be worth it.

Dreadnaught
Shoot main gun at the turret. Your gun outranges the turret but it will take you a long time to finish off the turret due to low dps of the gun

Craw
Unless turret is in the open like the missile turrets and the 2 flame turret at the core. Do not shoot kamehas as they will just disappear when they hit the wall behind the turret. Best you can do is just find a very good spot where you can barely reach the turret through a corner. You will never be able to tank out a turret with this.

Flag Post

For the SS Venture, its actually essential that you slightly miss on your vorpedoes. Sure, don’t hit the wall, but let them circle a bit before they connect. Because they accumulate more damage the longer they’ve been on the field, you want to maximize hangtime of the vorpedoes before they actually connect. If done properly, you can easily take over half the health of a turret with a single volley.

Flag Post

From max range you do that anyway at level 3 vorpedos.

One more tip, your SS laser can shoot through walls also, and is rangey enough to kill turrets through walls at level 1.

As for turbo hawk, you’re dumb, it can outrange flame turrets easily.

EDIT:

I guess everything else you said was pretty accurate, though squid can do amazing at turret killing with a little help:
Level up acid first, then when a drone gets (or ally) near an enemy turret, you will melt the hell out of it while it is distracted. Even at level one your acid is pretty good at this due to it’s massive DOT, though with the small range it’s best to wait till level 2 acid at least.

Flag Post

outrange: to be able to shoot it without taking any damage whatsoever. Prove it valent.

Flag Post

Torpaz can shoot through walls if you press up against them(aiming at something almost directly on the other side of the wall(you can fire a bit to the side a bit too)).
Jabberwocky’s Boomerblade does half damage until it starts to come back, not double.
The Iron Wolf thing is obvious.
Yeah, Turbo Hawk outranges flame turrets but won’t always cause the sound at that range.

Flag Post

On shinobi, I find its worth it if I have level 3 death marks to run up to sit on the turret and hit it with all three for the 1.5k damage that deals. All three will only hit if you sit right on it though, so you have to take a shot or two from the turret.

Flag Post
Originally posted by master001749:

outrange: to be able to shoot it without taking any damage whatsoever. Prove it valent.

You’re an idiot. I can do it at level one. Here’s a god damn video of it.
This was also at level 1. O N E.

http://www.screenr.com/YcX7

Suck it.

Flag Post

I’m pretty sure I saw master do the same thing only today. I’m really confused why he posted that…

Flag Post

Maybe he got hit a bit, and threw it off as a failure. I’ve tried it myself, and Aero slash barely outranges the flame turrets.

I’m not too sure myself on AF vs Flame turrets, but I think AF’s Vorpal burners has a bigger cone area, as I’ve tried to shoot slightly to the side and I was able to hit the flame turrets without it hitting me.

Shino can also do the Jabber boomerblade. As long as nobody attacks you… you’re free to do it.

ANT has a distance improvement based on the level. At lvl 2, it has the same range as the rainmaker, lvl 3 outranges it. (This is what I think Undu needs in terms of a nerf IMO).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darth_Sirov:

Maybe he got hit a bit, and threw it off as a failure. I’ve tried it myself, and Aero slash barely outranges the flame turrets.

I’m not too sure myself on AF vs Flame turrets, but I think AF’s Vorpal burners has a bigger cone area, as I’ve tried to shoot slightly to the side and I was able to hit the flame turrets without it hitting me.

Shino can also do the Jabber boomerblade. As long as nobody attacks you… you’re free to do it.

ANT has a distance improvement based on the level. At lvl 2, it has the same range as the rainmaker, lvl 3 outranges it. (This is what I think Undu needs in terms of a nerf IMO).

AF level 1 burners doesn’t outrange, af level 3 burners does outrange.

Flag Post

Pincer has shorter range than the rainmaker turrets at level 1, but slightly out ranges it on level 2 and way out ranges them on level 3. PS, a trick with the ant ( and maybe some other weapons) is that the pincer has a time dependent decay on its little vorp bundle. That said, you can increase the “range” of the pincer by giving it some speed before you shoot. Correct me if I’m wrong (please) but if you are stationary the range of a pincer will go a certain distance, but if you are moving, it will travel a little farther before decaying ( disappearing), and if you time it well, you can take out rainmakers with level 1 pincers, with no dmg taken. You need to find the range that the turret will fire at you, mentaly mark that, and just move forward to that point ( no need for AB) using space to break and back up. You can practice this in solo, with a good view of the turret, on the right side back battery turret.

XXgg is great for an early crash of the front turrets, just get in, shoot the turret with as much gunke as you can, then retreat and heal. the acid will continue to eat away for a little while, and nothing will stop it.

oh, and clanks can shoot through walls, really good for killing that front right battery while still staying at the front line :) ( not that a clank really needs to do that, but just saying)

Oh, and 10 more days to start playing again, YAY!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by LackOfSkill:

Pincer has shorter range than the rainmaker turrets at level 1, but slightly out ranges it on level 2 and way out ranges them on level 3. PS, a trick with the ant ( and maybe some other weapons) is that the pincer has a time dependent decay on its little vorp bundle. That said, you can increase the “range” of the pincer by giving it some speed before you shoot. Correct me if I’m wrong (please) but if you are stationary the range of a pincer will go a certain distance, but if you are moving, it will travel a little farther before decaying ( disappearing), and if you time it well, you can take out rainmakers with level 1 pincers, with no dmg taken. You need to find the range that the turret will fire at you, mentaly mark that, and just move forward to that point ( no need for AB) using space to break and back up. You can practice this in solo, with a good view of the turret, on the right side back battery turret.

XXgg is great for an early crash of the front turrets, just get in, shoot the turret with as much gunke as you can, then retreat and heal. the acid will continue to eat away for a little while, and nothing will stop it.

oh, and clanks can shoot through walls, really good for killing that front right battery while still staying at the front line :) ( not that a clank really needs to do that, but just saying)

Oh, and 10 more days to start playing again, YAY!!

Torpaz can shoot through walls just like Clank, but it does way more damage.

Flag Post

aqollo, actually, I find that xxgg is pretty good at taking out normal turrets. When it’s storm of horrors is at level 2 or maxed out, you can drop 2 or 3 storms on the turret which deal surprising amounts of damage, especially if you use your shoggspurt as well.

Flag Post

For the dreadnought, it is important to differ between BFG’s direct hit damage (150) and blast radius (100).
Turrets are naturally immune to all kind of area spells, and if you hit them at maximum range with the edge of the blast radius, it can take a very looong time.
On the other hand, the BFGs direct hit damage will finish the turret very quickly, even quicker once you get the Minigun as additional support.
A lvl 6 dread with only bfg+minigun maxed out has about 50% health left after he charges into a rainmaker turret and kills it over short distance.

Flag Post

For thulu and others, people forget that you can use corners. The xxgr can shoot around the corners at battery turrets and take them down faster than an ant if you are good enough to get in position. It is actually quite good at killing turrets, although it lacks a good escape, so you will have to kill any defenders.