[Nova Raider] Novabot...

9 posts

Flag Post

Now a deterrent to arena. Essentially a guaranteed lose. I tried earlier today. Starship Tank, best for my level, so i figure thats fair, but then he busts out cannons on me, then hits a life buff and emps me. I hit him with a emp and its instant cleanse. uses another life buff and eventually even as a maxxed out raider i die.

Novabot sucks.
I thought the meaning was going to be ‘oh we couldnt find you a match because no one likes this feature, so fight the computer’ instead its ‘oh we couldnt find a match for you, so were going to but you against KillDroid9000. Say bye to your pvp points!’

Why did you feel the need to be completely unfair to your player base and pit them against this kind of opponent?

-Maxed Tank Tech
-Raider Tech
-Trader Tech
-Weaponry
-Equipment
-Disabling
-Aiming

NOT a good match up for a generic player. Until TurnYouIntoAMiniNova Bot is fixed im not even touching arena. Trollbot Model 1000 just plain sucks.

Flag Post

Not to mention he knows where you are at all times and can hit you when you cant even see him in the normal sized window

Flag Post

Exactly my observation. Not doing any arena fights – they were before the bot existed already far too random with the 10% lvl difference, bonus items and unfitting concept for the reward of loss of arena points.
If you want to match up players with higher or lower lvls, then please do a level scaling in the gain and loss of points. +1 or +2 lvl can be a gigantic difference in strength, even if the higher guy has few points.

Flag Post

I beat the bot 1 fight out of two so we assumed players would be even better at kicking it’s ass. On the French server they are complaining that it’s too weak… It’s all about timing, the fact that it uses a premium config has no real meaning as he has his own scalable stats depending on your level.

Flag Post

The problem may lie in the way we play on the kong server vs the french server. Certain ideologies form about what the best “build” is based on the community. Maybe the french server just moved toward one that fit’s nova bot slightly better than ours. Maybe the main problem is we don’t use cleanse really, but the french server might say it’s a must. Same could be about life buffs for this server vs theirs. But who knows I’ve never played on the french server. Not that either of us are wrong but maybe the french server is slightly more suited to the novabot.

Flag Post

When inter server events start, meta game will probably even out.

Anyway, balance patch today, will be lots of fun stuff & new configs to try :)

Flag Post

I’ll put money on you having to do an emergency patch in the first two days after this ‘balance’ patch hits.

Flag Post

The patch is currently running on FR server, things are going rather smooth. Will need some fine tuning but it’s mainly okay :)

Flag Post

I haven’t hit the nova bot in a while, so I assume it is no longer around. I probably lost the first 10 times I played it, but then I realized it’s play style and weaknesses and planned for it when I went into the arena. After that, I beat it probably 15 times before it stopped showing up. It is an AI so it is easily exploitable. The problem is that people were afraid of losing rank and didn’t test it out.

The arena system needs a lot of work, but right now it is basically dead so I say put the bot back in, it’s not like anyone is playing the arena through random matches anyway.