[Galaxy Life] Daily limit usage for the on-line shield (to avoid autorefreshers aka 24/7 players)

17 posts

Flag Post

Hi Earthlings!

As you may know, a lot of people were annoyed because was almost impossible attack some players, because they were almost always online. This ruined the gameplay experience of a lot of players, specially on alliance wars.

The game was designed and balanced considering that you would receive a certain average amount of daily attacks depending on your level outside alliance wars, and a certain other amount if you were inside a war. In addition to this, you were supposed to be allowed to revenge once someone attacked you. It worked in this way for most players, but were some few who exploited the game to don’t receive attacks.

In order to to it they were 24/7 online. Some did it with some tools, other with some webs and others were physically in front of the computer. Considering how the Flash games work, we couldn’t detect it. We studied several ways to address it, including custom captcha methods, but they were also skipped by using programmable tools. So after doing some numbers we decided that the best option was to make a daily limit for the online shield.

This is thought to affect only the users who are always online, so the idea is to the normal players who play fair shouldn’t be affected to this. So in order to find an amount of hours we checked how much time plays the people on average: it’s less than an hour. We also considered a big enough time to allow a certain amount of attacks for alliance wars considering the upcoming changes and a tiny portion of players who spend a lot of time in the game playing fair.

The daily limit of the on-line shield is 8h, to spend across all the game sessions you make this day.

This means that you’ll be able to play each day 8 sessions of 1 hour, 24 game sessions of 30 minutes, etc each day being always protected. Once you run out of online shield, you’ll be able to continue playing this day and won’t be detected as cheater for ban waves, but people will be able to attack you until this day ends even if you’re online.

Once this day ends and the next one starts, you’ll have 8h of online shield.

If you’re attacked after once your daily online shield is down before the day ends, you’ll have (once each day) some extra few minutes (15 minutes as of now) of shield in order to let you go back and repair.

Very soon, the remaining amount of daily online shield will appear in the HUD.

Hope you like it! What do you think about it?

Flag Post

what about the players ho hack the game, i send a lott of tickets, but i get no answere on them? My opinion is not about the player online, but the player ho hack the game and you do nothing against them.
One of my friend said after he sent a alliance ho hack the game and hit us…you have give him the answere: " Thoose player has been banned a long time ago", so my question is how is possible to ban a player and he to be online. From my experience like Root administrator of others game’s online, when you ban a player he cant come back and play…

Can you give us some information about thoose players ho hack the game, what you will do about them?
How do you compensate the players ho was atack by hacker?

This why you will loose player’s because you dont take care of them…

With respect,
ThunderStorm0121

Flag Post

i think 6 hrs is a little, 8 or 12 hrs would be better.

on first thought it were a good idea, then i thought more about it and then its seems as a bad idea..

CUS you gotta remember, ALOT of players, play as much as they does, becaus its a part of theire alliance strategy, when they are about to lose, for exampel, also its kinda bull shit in the alliance war, exampel; i go attack from my 2nd colonie, meanwhile someone from the other alliance attack me with nuke and collekt 500 wp, and destroy almost my whole base, when i come back and i lost my units on my main, witch is pretty expensive to build. and i gotta start all over. and then when i wanna attack form my 3d colonie then i come back and BOOM i got attacked again, cus my main get constant rebuildet, but my bunkers and units in gate dont come back and thats make me more defenceless. ( sorry if i writed alot of spelling mistakes and it were confusing.)

Bus basis you leave many players defenceless and they they keep rebuild, that will be a huge problem for colonies,

a better idea would be to place an login box before you enter the game ( in that way people cannot use auto refresh )

Flag Post

I like more the idee of 1Lee1 with login box…

Flag Post

another idee is: to not give wars to alliance if that alliance have the main base destroyed, something if the alliance have 10 membres, you cant give war on them if 6 membres have the main base destroyed.

Flag Post

I lost countless troops in my bunkers since that “anti-cheat function” was enabled. Cann’t attack for my alliance, since I have to prepare troops for defence purposes and fill up my bunkers. I’m constantly under attack during this alliance war, because I have no indication whether there is an online shield or not. I’m for hours on my pc, fighting a higher lvl alliance, it’s a hard war, and because of this “feature”, I have no troops left anywhere in my colonies.

Yes, I’m nagging for an unfair punishment. And I’ll still be nagging, since noone, and I mean noone here in Kongregate liked that. Everyone is nagging about it.
FBook players cheat, Kong players get punished!!!! Unfair, totally unfair!!!!

Left with no resources at all, cannot upgrade either units or buildings, I’m just another sitting duck waiting to be raided and looted. Without any defence mechanisms left, how long can we stand in this game?? Oh, and by the way, loooooong before that “feature” appeared, some people (cheaters/hackers) were able to use the “spilled starcoffee” thingy to attack while we were online. Now you just made it even easier for them…

Flag Post

hello, it’s glen30458 from the gl forums. I was banned there by chico without any explanation as to why nor has dc been able to provide any valid reason for my ban. I think I’m done with the official galaxy life forums as there is no avenue at all to address customer issues or complaints. I do hope my experience here will be better than it was there.

Flag Post

If there is a representative in here from DC I would like to talk with them privately.

Flag Post

you can also just make an automatic pop up, witch came ones a hr or half hr people need to press ok for, dont they do that in lets say 2 min for exampel, then they get logged out and need to login again, ( that will prevent people from using that thing who controll the mouse for them ( idk whats its called that program) )

Or simply just ‘’ hire ’’a few some secret mods in here who report to you ones in a while when they find cheat, but honestly not many from kong cheat, cus we use it more as a ‘’social come together’’

Personal i play this game while im working, cooking and cleaning ect ect, to get my mind of what i am doing so the time fly ya know, and i know most player does that, and when i/we do that, we easyly passes the 6 hrs, from kong, and i see no reason for punish us for that, all you do is just forcing us to play less, with a time limit on 6 hr a day, and for the rest of the time we will find some other games, witch may or may not replace this one with time, personal i alredy found another game to replace this when the 6 hr shield end, (when this update will go trough.)

My advice to you is; Lisen to what youre members of this game has to say, cus its ours time you are messing with, and this game can easyly be replaced, but losing a few 1000 players becaus of a bad update, is something diffrint :) cus i bet not only us from kong will be mad about it!

Flag Post

Ow now we are talking about it

’’ Improvements

Notifications: you should get a Kongregate app notification if attacked ’’

THAT IS ANNOYING AS HELL, not only are you spaming my kong, but also my email with it, please please make it an option my head is going nuts over that crap please thanks

( and ones again sorry for my spellings mistakes)

Flag Post

This update is simply ridiculous.
The shield is a bad idea, and ruined all game fun and strategy.

How can i rebuild 50 lvl 6 colossus without be attacked?

It is impossible to fight an alliance war now!!!!!!!!!!

Most of us need 2 hours only to do the tour of his own cities, click friends, etc… when we will fight?

I will QUIT (and i heard that also a lot of players are thinking about that) if nothing change soon.

Flag Post

Refreshers are definitely a problem. This new hacker attack thing is far worse. The new update has made it far easier for them to get at us. Change this rule soon or this game will die.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zippozappo:

This update is simply ridiculous.
The shield is a bad idea, and ruined all game fun and strategy.

How can i rebuild 50 lvl 6 colossus without be attacked?

It is impossible to fight an alliance war now!!!!!!!!!!

Most of us need 2 hours only to do the tour of his own cities, click friends, etc… when we will fight?

I will QUIT (and i heard that also a lot of players are thinking about that) if nothing change soon.

KONG JUST FREAKIN GET IT OFF
do you want one of your highest lvl players to quit
do you want kong players to suffer because of facebook cheaters
NO! change this rule for somthing good like a daily spin
how many times do we have to beg you (for the spin and this new crap update off)
LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE

Flag Post

I posted many times during the last few days in their forum (under other nickname), nagging and complaining about that what they have done to all of us, because some players chose to cheat/hack/exploit some or more parts of the game mechanisms…
These players that come from mostly from FB (others may be hiding in other sites), managed to ruin everything with their actions, while the company just stand still, unable to take the right action, allowing them to overrule the terms and conditions that the company itself has set for all players to follow.
I just hope when the company members wake up from their sleep, (that’s how I understand their silence, as a deep sleep), it won’t be too late to fix what they have caused to all players… I know that for many, the damage caused is beyond repair (including myself) and in the near (maybe) future I will avoid games of this company, whether they are good, playable, enjoyable or not.
And take my word on that, I won’t speak in favour of the company, about how the players have been treated, listened, taken care of their demands or requests, from the company and its members, who on the other hand ask for our money to make their daily living, but give nothing in return…

And with the company’s blessings the game has become totally unplayable… so sad about that. Was a good game, despite some security holes and deficiencies…

Flag Post

I like the daily shield thing , in my opinion its awesome… some people just never log off and of then, I am able to attack them :P
Some alliances used to never lose because of never going offline, so this was a great update.

Flag Post
Originally posted by demdisco:

I like the daily shield thing , in my opinion its awesome… some people just never log off and of then, I am able to attack them :P
Some alliances used to never lose because of never going offline, so this was a great update.

Seems that u never had a “tag team attack” demdisco, keeping u out from the game for over 15 mins… Hope it never happens to u, and when it does u won’t change ur mind over it…. I’m talking on experience, that’s all. 6 continuous attacks!!! Couldn’t login for over 30 mins!! Couldn’t defend my base, couldn’t do anything… so I quit for that day. Hope u have the patience needed to keep attempting to login after 30 mins or more… without smashing ur keyboard, mouse or pc!! :D

Flag Post

Trust me, it happend to me but I didnt rage, I just kept my confidence.and yet when I sense my 8hrs are gone, I put my troops on war or in bunkers.