[Jagged Alliance Online] Tribute to Rambo PvP contest -outdated post - see update above (locked)

17 posts

Flag Post

EDIT: visit http://www.kongregate.com/forums/256-jagged-alliance-online/topics/322358-tribute-to-rambo-pvp-contest-updated-version
for the updated version

Flag Post

It would be great if everybody can post here if he is going to participate.
This is also the right spot for questions or feedback on the event.

Flag Post

:D count me in, this sounds fun!
Finally I can get my honor up to a decent level and the good stuff :)

Flag Post

Seems to be fun, i hope for many participants and not as many ppl trying to abuse with hunting naked or surrending to friends ;)

Flag Post

both will be sanctioned. We will look at every PvP match and we can see exploiting patterns quite easily.

Flag Post

We decided to update the prizes:

First place will gets you 500 gold!
Second to fifth place gets you 100 gold each.
The lucky few random picks will get 100 gold.

Flag Post

I’m in, though I won’t have much time to play tomorrow… btw the weapon level is the item level or the required merc level?

Flag Post

Oh well I just checked the time difference and I might not even get to play at all…

Flag Post

The weapon level is the item level. Not the required merc level.
raideres …. if you play some matches and score a few wins you will be considered for the lottery.
Few random participants will also win 100 gold!
This should be a reason for everybody to try it out.
So it might be fun, raise the honor level and with some luck win you 100 gold :)

Flag Post

more clarification: it´s not for players who are exactly level 30. It´s for 30 and above. Sorry if that was confusing :/

Flag Post

Are we allowed to use uncommon or epic weapons like the Freedom Rifle?

Flag Post
Originally posted by cliffhangerQA:

The event will start at 12:00 AM and 12:00 PM CST on Wednesday the 23rd of January. 12 hours to show you are a hero!

So this starts at 1AM Eastern Std Time? So ~8 hours of the 12 hour period is when the majority of North/South America is asleep? That’s ridiculously poor timing for a tournament.

Also, I think you should open the tournament up for players with a rep level of level 25+ instead of 30+. While I’m above 30, I think it should really try to include as many players as possible, and it may be hard finding matches with only players 30+.

(And considering you can use weapons up to level 23…may as well include the players that can get and/or are using level 23 weapons?)

Flag Post

Are these two SEPARATE events, or will a score in the 12 AM event be added to a score in the 12PM event?

Are there “missions” within the event, at the conclusions of which, one can return to home base & do the usual r&r – or is it one mission which lasts until everyone in the company is dead?

Is it single pvp, or is a free for all, with multiple players engaging simultaneously?

Thanks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Retread:

Are these two SEPARATE events, or will a score in the 12 AM event be added to a score in the 12PM event?

Are there “missions” within the event, at the conclusions of which, one can return to home base & do the usual r&r – or is it one mission which lasts until everyone in the company is dead?

Is it single pvp, or is a free for all, with multiple players engaging simultaneously?

Thanks.

I’m almost certain it’s only 1 event, from 12 AM CST to 12PM CST. I think the “and” was a typo.

There are no special missions, it’s just hop in the PvP queue with no armor/nothing in your backpack and go at it.

Flag Post

Yes, that was a type- it runs from 12 to 12, not two separate events.
It is a free for all (assuming they fullfill the requirements).

Flag Post

ATTENTION: THIS EVENT TAKES PLACE FROM 12 pM to 12 AM (12:00 to 24:00), not the other way round!!! Our mistake…

Flag Post

You should place clock in game and start events on server time. 12 pm till 12 am i quite opposite to 12:00 till 24:00 as far as i know english.