[Iron Grip: Marauders] Marauders Champion 2012: Entony!

1 post

Flag Post

The streets of Anchorpoint are covered in blood. I was the lucky bastard who got to investigate the death of the poor sod who got impaled by the spike on the Nameless Soldier’s helmet in the Black Market. Fell from his airship. That is the official statement – “ He slipped and fell, he did!” Not a chance though. The grim tournament that followed the pirate’s death only confirms my gut feeling. This was no ordinary accident.

A couple of days after this bloody incident the real battle broke lose. It was unlike anything I’ve ever seen in my life. It seems they were fighting for more than the usual pieces of gold. This time, it was personal. This time, it was revenge. The sky pirates sent their tanks though the streets of Anchorpoint, crushing everything in their way. Snipers shooting from places unseen, the bullet didn’t distinguish between commander and a foot soldier – the grave is equally welcoming. Ordinary people were forced into their homes, locking the shutters tight. Some freedom these marauders are fighting for.

When I woke up on the twentieth day, Anchorpoint was eerily silent. I heard a dog bark in the distance. Carefully I opened my front door and on the square was only one man left standing. Dead bodies surrounded him. He looked at me for a moment, then pounded on his chest and raised his gun in the air. “Victory to the freedom fighters of bandits and thugs! Kathos Liberation Army rules these streets now!” as he kicked the dead body of LordZombie’s commander in the gutter. His crew, or at least what was left of it, joined him shortly after that. They paraded through the streets, yelling that Entony was the Marauder Champion of 2012.

I don’t think Anchorpoint will ever be the same. I suppose we’ll just have to get used to the fact that the Nameless Soldier is now tinted with blood.

Stephan Derrick, Private Investigator

Excerpt from his notes

Stephan Derrick was found shot three days later.