[Backyard Monsters] Kixeye no longer supporting BYM on Kongregate

75 posts

Flag Post

Hi everyone,
Thought I’d give a heads up, they are not going to support it anymore (like they ever did). For those of you not familiar with the FB version, it’s garbage, full of bugs and bad updates.

But they are offering to transfer yards for the true addicts.

Here’s a link to the forum, 2-18-13 is last day to transfer.

http://forums.kixeye.com/showthread.php?t=321222&p=2799794&viewfull=1#post2799794

Flag Post

Does this mean they are going to close the kongregate servers? or will they just keep not giving support?

Flag Post

not sure on that, only that they are saying BYM will be exclusively on FB now.

What I wonder is why they didn’t post it here where Kong players would actually see it.

Flag Post

Any game on the kongregate servers that isn’t suported usually gets removed. it also says on that page that the compensation for that transfer only is until the 2/18 so, it means they are going to close kong. They are merging all servers, deleting the one for kong :(.

Flag Post

So, this is Kixeye’s response to the mass exodus of players coming here to get away from MR3…

Flag Post

This ruins my day. Just last month I finally breached over 1k OPs… and then this crap happens. How does the Alliance structure work on FB? For those that have been a part of an alliance for a long time they know that the alliances bring meaning to this game. Unless FB can support that aspect I’m out.

Flag Post
Originally posted by denverstone:

This ruins my day. Just last month I finally breached over 1k OPs… and then this crap happens. How does the Alliance structure work on FB? For those that have been a part of an alliance for a long time they know that the alliances bring meaning to this game. Unless FB can support that aspect I’m out.

The alliance stuff is integrated in the game there, on the facebook version there is a tab where you can see alliances and your own alliance and so on (by tab I mean the things at the top, like play, attack log, get shiny and so on)
I don’t remember the exact rules and stuff, but at least it really works there

Edit: Jorn, there is nothing that kong has to do with this and therefor nothing they can do about it.

Flag Post

Yes! I so called it!

I mean, it sucks that the game has to end like this on kong but I so called it!

It is wonderfully horrible to be correct in this scenario!

Flag Post

Guys, the link doesn’t work.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dante_Dreiman:

Yeah I noticed that too… Very weird, they removed the post.

Flag Post
Originally posted by imbassis:
Originally posted by Dante_Dreiman:

Yeah I noticed that too… Very weird, they removed the post.

So, first they fully embrace their roles as Mark Zuckerberg’s kiss-ups and then delete the proof? sighs

Flag Post

grrr Usually the mods don’t delete their own posts.

It was from V2 Kixeye CM, perhaps they are changing dates or their minds. Will keep an eye on it in case they repost.

http://forums.kixeye.com/showthread.php?t=321334&p=2800885&viewfull=1#post2800885

people having questions about it

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lady_Aryn:

grrr Usually the mods don’t delete their own posts.

It was from V2 Kixeye CM, perhaps they are changing dates or their minds. Will keep an eye on it in case they repost.

http://forums.kixeye.com/showthread.php?t=321334&p=2800885&viewfull=1#post2800885

people having questions about it

I saw that thread, it’s obvious that nothing is going to change.

Flag Post

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo i spent my whole life on this game and now its going off of kong whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy chould it end like this

Flag Post

My biggest problem with all of it is that Kixeye really broke the FB version with their MR3 update. People left at an alarming rate, down 63% players in 6 months. The new map is non-negotiable, all new players go there, no more MR2. Kong is still “old school” with a bit of strategy still left. Will be sad to see it go.

A lot of pple came here because it doesn’t have the update, unfortunately the bugs and hackers are rampant on Kong because Kixeye doesn’t take care of it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lady_Aryn:

My biggest problem with all of it is that Kixeye really broke the FB version with their MR3 update. People left at an alarming rate, down 63% players in 6 months. The new map is non-negotiable, all new players go there, no more MR2. Kong is still “old school” with a bit of strategy still left. Will be sad to see it go.

A lot of pple came here because it doesn’t have the update, unfortunately the bugs and hackers are rampant on Kong because Kixeye doesn’t take care of it.

KIXEYE is just pissed their game is dying because they don’t know how to release a proper update.

I’m not moving to Failbook. I guess it’s goodbye than. You’ll still be able to find me on Kong though.

Flag Post

How do you transfer your account?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Sad as it is, I’m not surprised. Kixeye hasn’t been giving much support here for a long time. The compensation that they’re offering is rubbish, and I won’t be transferring to Facebook. Don’t think that I’ll be the only one either. Not like I was even active anymore though.Might have even done me a favour, no game to come back to.

Be interesting to see what happens to this forum. I guess it will end up being removed, along with the game.

Flag Post

Like HoboMcJoe says, I’m not going to Failbook either. Don’t use FB, ain’t gonna start now and certainly not because of BYM.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish!

Flag Post

the thing is, they probably get some money from this or something. so many people play it, yet they get rid of it anyway.

Flag Post

For those who said that the link to KIXEYE’s forum was broken and hoped that they have changed their minds….Think again.
http://forums.kixeye.com/showthread.php?t=321222

I think a eulogy for Kong BYM is in order.

Flag Post

meh

Flag Post

Kixeye seems to be ignoring the obvious, players leave Facebook to play on Kong, not the other way around! I signed up with Kong to play BYM, a game which I first found on Yahoo and liked very much. I don’t need or want Facebook. Goodbye BYM?!

Flag Post
Originally posted by likethisgame:

Kixeye seems to be ignoring the obvious, players leave Facebook to play on Kong, not the other way around! I signed up with Kong to play BYM, a game which I first found on Yahoo and liked very much. I don’t need or want Facebook. Goodbye BYM?!

according to KIXEYE, as I read it on their forums, they wanted to keep people that wanted to stay on mr2, on there, but it would be a 1 way ticket. And all new players were dumped on the servers of mr3 immediately. so, there “would” be the opportunity to play from mr2. That in my opinion, does not validate the move to take down this website.