[Vorp!] (Ship Design) Dusk Enforcer

9 posts

Flag Post

edited – not sure if i should make the ship take the same amount of damage from every weapon based on a set dps. For example, Ant pincer guns will cause the same damage as spamming Shinobi iaido beams in 3 seconds. Obviously wouldn’t be that weak but that’s the idea. It will make the ship hard to balance but suited to fight all ships on the same level.

I made this quick since i don’t have time. Might change some stuff and add more.

Ship Name: Dusk Enforcer

Appearance: A dark sleek craft made to look like it’s from a secret service.

Role: A fast fighter that turns every challenge it meets into the same difficulty. (spycraft)

Pilot: An unknown person called “The Agent”, the arch nemesis of “The Administrator”. A legend who was said to have perished caught in a black hole. The Agent was a professional spy for the Titan faction able to handle any situation thrown at him.

Loadouts:

Atomic Thrashers:
- Unstable energy particles are hurled at targets. Shoots several streaks of light which spins in bursts.
- The more powerful/energy the enemy ship has, the higher the damage inflicted upon them.
- Does % damage based on the max energy the enemy ship has.
- Balances all enemies to about the same difficulty to kill.

Explosive Tracker/Bug
- An adapted homing missile for tracking that attaches itself to the enemy.
- The mark lasts for 5-10 seconds (upgrade). After which it blows up dealing medium damage.
- During that time, using the ability again will instantly teleport that you to that ship, the tracker will explode.

The Matrix
- Similar to undulorean’s ability to virtually stop time, this ability deploys a device that slows down time.
- The device takes 3 seconds after deployment to work. The device might need to be cloaked since 3 seconds is easily enough time to get away.
- The radius is slightly larger than undulorean’s ability and your own ship is affected too.
- Upgrading will increase the size and the duration it lasts for.

Deception
- The ship appears to blow up, dropping some ATOMs.
- The ship actually goes into a phase shift, becoming invisible, invincible and can go through other ships for a short time.
- A chat message is created based on the nearest enemy.

Flag Post

Hunter’s Mark should only be usable after some time; say, for level one, as an example; 4 seconds before it can be used? upgrades would give you more time to use it.
Deception’s ATOMs should do damage, it should also create a chat message based on the nearest ship.

Flag Post

Pics or it didn’t happen.

Flag Post

I think the hunters mark would be more interesting if you were teleported to the enemy. Otherwise it would always be “Mark the target, move to the turret or your team clump, teleport the enemy, then gankaway”.
If you have the power to teleport to the enemy, you can at least have some variety ( use mark to have the enemy give up the chase, use mark to get the kill shot, use mark, retreat (via warp) and go back to harass the enemy) and other tactics that would be kinda fun.

Flag Post

I agree with lackofskill, the hunter’s mark would be too easy to abuse if they are teleported to you, teleport with them instead. Also how large is the radius of matrix? It should be small enough so that the enforcer can get out before it activates (or else it is practically useless), but larger than undu’s time flux. Is Deception kind of like ninvisible? can you break it by attacking? Also maybe you should take away the invincibility, make it so that you can be damaged if you are hit by a stray round.

Flag Post

I’m worried that it only had one damaging ability. Even the SS has more than that and it is about as much support as this game can handle.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LackOfSkill:

I think the hunters mark would be more interesting if you were teleported to the enemy. Otherwise it would always be “Mark the target, move to the turret or your team clump, teleport the enemy, then gankaway”.
If you have the power to teleport to the enemy, you can at least have some variety ( use mark to have the enemy give up the chase, use mark to get the kill shot, use mark, retreat (via warp) and go back to harass the enemy) and other tactics that would be kinda fun.

Yeah i kind of made up “Hunter’s Mark” on the spot and didn’t think about it until today. I’ll change it and maybe the name too, it doesn’t fit the genre i want for the ship.

Originally posted by klackerer:

I agree with lackofskill, the hunter’s mark would be too easy to abuse if they are teleported to you, teleport with them instead. Also how large is the radius of matrix? It should be small enough so that the enforcer can get out before it activates (or else it is practically useless), but larger than undu’s time flux. Is Deception kind of like ninvisible? can you break it by attacking? Also maybe you should take away the invincibility, make it so that you can be damaged if you are hit by a stray round.

You can fly plenty far in 3 seconds but i’m thinking 2x undulorean’s ability size fully upgraded. Well the point of deception is for it to be used when they have low energy. It’d be pretty obvious to see that they blew up with half their energy left. That’s why i wanted to make them invincible, giving them a chance to get away a bit of a distance.

Originally posted by Gorigomi:

I’m worried that it only had one damaging ability. Even the SS has more than that and it is about as much support as this game can handle.

Yeah, i noticed most ships have at least 2 damaging abilities. I’ll fix this.

Flag Post

I was reading the Old Hunter’s Mark, and while it did sounded OP, I was actually thinking what would happen to a Warping ANT if it got brought back to the enemy base with all the ships in front of it.

Anyway, back to the current topic.

This Atomic Thrasher, how exactly does it deal damage? % from the Max energy or Current Energy? (Sounds almost like the Particle Wave)

E-Tracker, sounds nice… I like the idea of a type of homing device. Though if you use the ability to get closer, will the tracker disappear or still explode?

Matrix – kind of like a trap mine that activates after a few secs.

Deception – still not sure, but the concept is nice. Though probably could use a better sounding name.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lobstershow:

Pics or it didn’t happen.

I don’t really know what exactly it should look like, maybe you could sketch some for me. XD

Originally posted by Darth_Sirov:

I was reading the Old Hunter’s Mark, and while it did sounded OP, I was actually thinking what would happen to a Warping ANT if it got brought back to the opposing team in front of it.

Anyway, back to the current topic.

This Atomic Thrasher, how exactly does it deal damage? % from the Max energy or Current Energy? (Sounds almost like the Particle Wave)

E-Tracker, sounds nice… I like the idea of a type of homing device. Though if you use the ability to get closer, will the tracker disappear or still explode?

Matrix – kind of like a trap mine that activates after a few secs.

Deception – still not sure, but the concept is nice. Though probably could use a better sounding name.

Yeah, the old hunter’s mark would of been fun but too op and would cause lots of raging. XD

The atomic thrasher will do % damage off the max energy. Better put that to be more clear.

Explosive tracker edited, yes it will explode.

Deception, well i don’t really know what name i could use, Deathception? Arranged Death? Great Escape? lol