[Jagged Alliance Online] Tribute to Rambo PvP contest - updated version

13 posts

Flag Post

Real heroes don´t need armor.
Did Rambo need to wear armor?
Real heroes don’t need fancy new weapons!
Did Rambo have those?

This is our Tribute to Rambo PvP contest for real heroes!
So come on and PvP half-naked and don’t forget to bring an old gun!

To win, you must gain the most PvP victories when:
1) wearing or carrying no armor with your mercs!
2) fighting with an empty backpack!
3) using only standard ammunition
4) using only weapons with max. level 23!

It is just you, your team and your skills!

You are allowed a hip belt and its contents though – but no filling your hip belt up from the backpack!

Two more conditions to participate:
1) All participants must be at least reputation level 30 when they start the event.
2) You always have to take 4 mercs to PvP matches.

Every victory gains you one point. The team with the most points wins. Simple, clean, fast.

If you abort or chicken out against another participant who is within the allowable range and non-armored, you will lose one point from your score.
We only fully count wins versus teams within 7 levels of the winning team (counting the merc level average between both teams).
You may abort or chicken out against teams having a higher than 7 average merc level difference – if you play and win, however, you gain twice the points.
If a player with more than 7 levels difference decides to take a chance against you, you may also abort or continue fighting. You will gain 0.4 Points for such a victory. All allowed aborts against other naked PvPers need to take place before the fighting begins. If you abort after one of your mercs got killed, you will loose a point.

If you repeatedly disconnect during pvp matches, we will also suspect you of trying to rig the results and decrease your score accordingly.
We will look at the matches and will sanction any exploiting and cheating. Oh, and if any of you try to farm naked pvp players for honor, we will kick you were it hurts…So if you see them, you better quit first…

Repeatedly running away, hiding and letting the time pass until it is depleted is a cowards choice and will be counted as disturbance of the event and punished.

The event will start at 12:00 Noon and end at 12:00 Midnight CST on Wednesday the 23rd of January. 12 hours to show you are a hero!

The five most ramboesque heroes and a lucky few randomly chosen participants will be rewarded.

First place will gets you 500 gold!
Second to fifth place gets you 100 gold each.
The lucky few random picks will get 100 gold.

And of course your honor level will rise as side effect, so you can brag to others and get your mitts on those nifty honor items in the shop.

And yes, the shy ones amongst of you may use camouflage paint.

……………
If you want to participate, please post it here. It is not mandatory, but it could help all participants.

Flag Post

Onyx Ravens, The Thin Blue Line and Vautrin already wrote, that they will participate.

Flag Post

Eeeesh, so it didn’t start last night?

I spent almost 2 hrs on and off waiting in the queue last night only to get placed with some guy with armor and weapons on.

I kept asking for battles in chat, it seemed no one was around, or no one was interested in nekkid PvP.

Flag Post

Fun idea for an event! Armored PVP is kinda boring (“14 sniper rounds to the head, and he is starting to feel dizzy!!!”)… But to be really fun it would need to be enforced gamewise, now one match I shot down an unarmored opponent because I did not hear about the event, and was equally slaughtered but another armored opponent. So only 2 out of my 4 matches worked as intended.

Flag Post

It was a fun idea, wish more people took part. I failed miserably with this event.

1st match, Jamosh: fast loss. =P

2nd match, Puman: man you play WAY too slow. that was utterly painful, timing all the way down every round while not even moving your guys.

3rd match, went 10+ rounds before I found the other guy…who was wearing armor. =(

4th match, Some guy: Overall a great match, we were down to 2 vs 2, and I felt I was about to win…then he used med kits to heal his guy that had a sliver of health back to 90%+. Really lame, left a bad taste in my mouth.

5th match, guy wearing armor.

6th match, guy wearing armor.

Soooo…I went 0-6. Probably would have been more fun if I were level 50 than level 33-35.

Flag Post

Probably i was that guy with medkit :P It was 1:00 am in my time zone, we both were camping for like 5 rounds and i had full backpack of medkits from missions so to end it faster i decide to go Rambo on you and use medkit after it. Anyway it was really good match. In other rounds i had like 4 armored team, one killed me on purpouse becase he needed honor, but for 6h of playing i had also 9 counted matches. Lost 3, won 6, hope for 100 bars :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by stankybones:

Soooo…I went 0-6. Probably would have been more fun if I were level 50 than level 33-35.

Believe me you wouldnt. After the match with you, i waited for 20 minutes to find lvl 50 guy that was new to pvp and was wearing armor,i lost another 30 minutes trying to explain the rules to him,that ended with him killing my naked mercs anyway. After that i decided to take pause for some time,thinking that some of higher levels maybe show up to have some fun.
That actually worked and i had two nice matches with Onyx Ravens,bad luck got my weapon jammed in 1st(couldnt load ammo
into Mg on gunner eventhough i had proper one).He went to sleep after,and i spent another 2 hours queueing and waiting for single match. Luckily for me Tarytu manned up afterwards,and eventhough he lost both of matches with me (second was little coward from me,but it was really late and i was tired and afraid of stupid mistakes). So altogether i played 5 event matches,i won 4 of them,and spent around 4 hours(not counting match time) searching for opponents ;)

Event idea was nice,but encountering ppl with armor made the day harsh for quite a lot of us.

Flag Post

Btw i am not whining or anything for waiting in queue and being dodged,that is the issue being level 50,i just described event from my point of view :)

Flag Post

i had 1 battle with my lvl player 42
3-4 with 30-40 lvl
2 with 49-50 lvl
2 with Jamosh )) i lost both
and 4-6 with 20-30 lvl with wearing arm
………
for me wasn t problem armored 20 lvl, it was intresting – they had a chance, but some of them had first pvp and went turn too long

problems was with 50lvl battles, becouse if they have lots of snipers-scouts some maps are impossible to win less lvl:
map with big roket in the center has only two ways and both are good for view positions for sniping
as a rule campers do not like to fight in close combat, and spend all time on this scope seats
so this matches was boring siting 70-80% of the time
i had a one hour pvp with one 50 lvl and he leaved it becuse he had his bissnes, on leave moment i he had 3 alive mercs 1 of them was wounded, and i had 4 but all wounded. he had two scouts and 1 snipe in the middle of the map with roket and didn t want went to me. my mercs was around and i didn t want to go too.

I consider pvp maps need added ways, for close combat mercs, to make them possible to win. it makes pvp more interesting and dinamical.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vautrin:

Probably i was that guy with medkit :P It was 1:00 am in my time zone, we both were camping for like 5 rounds and i had full backpack of medkits from missions so to end it faster i decide to go Rambo on you and use medkit after it. Anyway it was really good match. In other rounds i had like 4 armored team, one killed me on purpouse becase he needed honor, but for 6h of playing i had also 9 counted matches. Lost 3, won 6, hope for 100 bars :P

Ha! I still don’t know how you got behind me. I wasn’t camping for 5 rounds, I was running my commando from your starting spot all the way back to SW corner of the map. =p I think you had said “You have the advantage, you should charge me. ;p” I kinda chuckled, because I had spent the last 4 turns trying to get over there all sneaky like.

Overall it was a very good match. (I think you got the 1st kill, I got the next 2, then you evened it up 2 v 2 on the next turn.) Just bummed I thought I was going to get a win. =p

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jamosh:

Btw i am not whining or anything for waiting in queue and being dodged,that is the issue being level 50,i just described event from my point of view :)

For what it’s worth, it wasnt much better in the 30-40 range. I probably joined the queue 20 times on and off over the course of 8 hrs and only managed 3 legit matches. I was spamming in game and in Kong chat looking for anyone 30-40 for naked pvp.

Maybe Cliffhanger can somehow put an in-game banner in somewhere when a promotion/event like that is going on?

Flag Post

Well in my case i am sure i found plenty of matches,problem is people just chicken out. I am not blaming anybody for that,that is why the option is there ;)

Flag Post

Is there a new event planned?