[Esgrima 2] Fire Mages?

11 posts

Flag Post

Well I barely started this game and I am only level 16, but time and time again I see other classes dealing nearly tripled my damage. What gives? I gathered a fire mage is suppose to do aoe damage, but I went ahead and made a warrior or w/e, and his level 10 aoe skill hits way more than the mages. Do they get better later? or am I doing something wrong?

Flag Post

I am level 38 mage. I have 3 AoE spells, one of which (fire storm) is very powerful, usually taking out all 3 enemies on the frozen island. However, the musketeers that I see seem much more powerful, always inflicting more AoE and single damage. Plus the fireball is underpowered, even maxed fireball damage (+25%), so the mage is not much use against bosses.

I might re-start with another class.

Flag Post

Mage is far from being strong, yes, but he really has most AOE by lvl 50..(4 AOE)
And mobs don’t die from 1 AOE at war factory for example, so he is good there… he has high mana too, which makes him good for making it through stages with multiple levels(like chateau and war factory)

Overall that’s not a class I would suggest someone to start with, and it may not be as awesome as officer or warrior, but you can still play it more or less fine. Mages AOE surprass the berserk/guardian/musket/warrior AOE dmg and is on par with officer, which takes quite an effort to unlock.

Flag Post

The Rod Attack skill of the fire mage i snot good at all as it has NEVER -EVER stunned for me, also the Big HAnd AoE is much weaker than the earlier AoE which delivers 3 hits, so yes there is definitely something wrong with the balance of Firemage and it kind of feels like that class has been forgotten in updates… another thing to consider is that the officer class is awesome and probably the best class in the game and he carries similar equipment to a musketer so spending all the time it needs to make elite items you are in much better possition if you were a musketer than any other class if you plan to play an officer at end game…just my two cents

Flag Post

I feel compelled to agree with the sentiment in this thread even though I don’t play a mage. The mage’s damage is just really poor compared to everyone else and I always hate seeing them on boss fights just because it’s going to take a long time to kill with them in the group. I’m only level 36 but it seems to me like the only thing a mage has going for it is AOE but even then it doesn’t seem that great as those skills have cooldowns that are just too long for the damage they do. So while the mage’s niche may be to AOE down mobs, they can’t really do that well either due to the cooldown limitation they have in place.

Flag Post

I’d have to agree… 4 rounds between runs with my first AOE at level 10-20… (currently 16)… it’s… harsh trying to do damage output, and being a bit squishy…

Flag Post

fire mages are going to be upgraded so don’t worry everyone :D
so far I heard their AoE attacks are going to have more hits or more % of attack

Flag Post

I agree strongly with all Astros’ points.

Plus, I have just got my mage to lvl 50 and found a really annoying bug. I saved some points to put into “Combat protection field” to try to make myself less squishy. But it doesn’t work. I click on it at the start of a Boss fight and… nothing. I can then click on an attack, but clearly I have no protection. This is a real bummer.

So, I have pretty much given up on using the mage to fight now and concentrate on my beserker. The mage just stays mining most of the time. Bit of a waste really.

Flag Post

@ Koda, where you heard that ? I can’t see any dev in chat latelly .
@ mediumspiny , i have the skill at lvl 4 only and it works fine, just click on you or on a party member and buff you/him.

Flag Post

Is there a post of what skill should i get to max for Mages?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hezael:

Is there a post of what skill should i get to max for Mages?

I don’t think there is any, but for mage max all the AoE’s , Fire Wave ( lvl 10 ) , Fire Storm ( 20 ) , Giant Arm ( 30 ) , Furor ( 40 ). Also max the Combat Protection ( 50 ) , Fuego ( 30 ) and Intelligence ( 20 ). Avoid to ad points into Maximum Mana and Riesgo . The rest are optional.