[Wasteland Empires] Friend bug fix

17 posts

Flag Post

Thanks to ProspectorSam who did hard work deleting most of his Kong friends, my assumption was proven correct: friend related bugs occur once you have 51+ friends on Kongregate.
Workaround: delete friends until you have 49 (or less) and you’ll be able to add new (provided you delete them soon after) and see them in gifting/radio popup.
Hopefully devs will fix that Soon™.

Flag Post

Hi Seizan,

can you elaborate a bit more? Sounds like a good find; do you need to have over 51 friends first for this to work, and does it always work for under 50 players?

Have other players experienced this?

Liking the Soon™ ;)

Flag Post

Well one thing is certain: If you have over 50 friend it won’t work. Few weeks ago I realized it was no longer working for me either. Then I removed most of my kongregate friends leaving only 10 left. After that it was working perfectly. I didn’t think the two were related back then, but now that Seizan and Sam have both made the same observation it’s pretty clear they are related.

So my tip and hint to all who are bugged: Check your kongregate friend list and if you have over 50 friends, remove some of them and try again.

Flag Post

From personal experience: I was adding people from chat as friends and then using “send gift” option to send them items and thus make them in-game friends. New people stopped showing up on in-game list as soon as I added 51st person. Once I deleted 2 and added 1, I was able to gift that new guy (now 50th). Adding yet another made him (51st) not show up on in-game list.

Flag Post

Yep; I had >200 so it took a while, but I carved down to 50. When I got to 51 I checked and still had no friends showing IG. I deleted one more and called up the friends window again and it was populated. I didn’t even need to refresh. So evidently there is some hard limit of 50 someplace.

I’ve heard from a couple more folks that this worked for them too. So far nobody has had results contrary to this AFAIK. I do recall, though, that some people in the past were reporting that they had friends show up when using one browser or computer but not with another. However, no consistent pattern emerged and I would not rely on those reports at this point.

Flag Post

I just tested that theory, and I can now invite friends again now that I have less than 50 Kong friends

Flag Post

This (<50 kong friends) workaround didn’t work for me.
I have (and had) about 28 kong friends and could not, and still can not (after deleting 2 or 3), invite anyone.
I also can’t request anything (I get a blank screen).

Flag Post

Nice woerked for me :) less then 50 friends and now i can send help request and the other stuff

Flag Post

Much appreciated; stuck.

Flag Post

This should be fixed now :)

Flag Post

this work around never worked for me just have to wait till its fixed

Flag Post

Belfast Paul, You are still experiencing the issue?

Flag Post

yeah got rid off every single friend and only added a couple of people playing wasteland empires they added me back and still no one shows up on the friends list

Flag Post

I keep adding friends and they are not showing up in the game… I don’t have enough to have to delete them.. so does anyone know how to fix it?

Flag Post

is this gonna get properly fixed because getting rid of all the people of my friends list has messed up some of the other games i play

Flag Post

would be nice to have an update on this issue

Flag Post

any idea when this will be fixed would be nice to know instead of being ignored