[Jagged Alliance Online] Strange mechanic

6 posts

Flag Post

If I want to just play for 20 minutes today (or yesterday), maybe replay a low level mission, I face the following problem: I have to pay more to make a new contract with my mercs than I will earn during the 24 hours. Its not a playful mechanic, its a anti-play mechanic. Even in the original it was not 24 real hours, but 24 game hours if I remember correctly…

Flag Post

Yeah game hours might make more sense. Also maybe by missions? Although I’d like it to be on completed missions since disconnections would be quite costly.

Flag Post

I agree with this. Make it so when a merc is hired you get him for X number of missions minimum or something. (Ie, You can use him for as many missions as possible in 24 hours and/or a minimum of 5 missions. So if his contract is passed 24 hrs and you only brought him in to 2 battles, you get 3 more then the Merc is off duty and needs to be rehired.)

Flag Post

They will introduce daily rewards soon, so cash from it will be sufficient to pay for mercs even for one mission daily, as i read.

Flag Post

yes,this feature will be introduced pretty soon,so even you guys can play this game even not having so much time ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vautrin:

They will introduce daily rewards soon, so cash from it will be sufficient to pay for mercs even for one mission daily, as i read.

Thank you for your reply, Vautrin.

Daily rewards do not solve the problem. The problem is that it is not fun to lose money. Getting daily rewards does not change that I feel punished when hiring a Merc for only playing one mission.

The daily reward idea is like when you have two people investing in shares, one of them gets a daily play-money from somewhere and the other not. Why would you think that either of them would enjoy making stupid investments and either of them would have fun losing money? Its like saying “rich people like getting punished” – which sounds about as random to me as the idea to introduce daily rewards to solve the problem of the mechanic itself being a punishment.