[Backyard Monsters] A message from Kongregate

183 posts

Flag Post

Hello—

I’m afraid I have to confirm that BYM will no longer be playable on Kongregate after February 18. Kixeye’s decision to do this was unexpected. We will be disabling purchases in the game shortly; you’ll still be able to play for the next month, but you won’t be able to make purchases. Anyone who made purchases on or after January 18 will get their kreds back; it’s our policy to return all kreds spent a within month of a game’s removal.

Kongregate is working on putting together a compensation package with some excellent developers who will be happy to welcome BYM players into their communities; I promise that as soon as we know more we’ll pass that along.

I know that a shut down of a game like this, that so many people have played for so long, can be a real loss. We’ll do our best to help you all stay connected to each other by leaving this forum up for as long as it remains active, and I’d encourage you all to check back here often to compare notes about new games and generally catch up.

Flag Post

Great thanks! :)

I would be guessing some kreds to compensate or will it be in-game items from the developers involved? I hope you guys got the devs of Tyrant ;)

EDIT: What will happen to my post count… will it drop to like 500? O.o

Flag Post

That’s great news, tricky. I’m so happy that you guys have released a message. Unfortunately many of us are still working with KIXEYE on being compensated. Can’t wait to see what will come! And thank you for leaving the forums up. That’s a sigh of relief!

Spy

Flag Post

Speaking of KIXEYE’s compensation…

We are very sorry that you are not happy with the amount given, but there is nothing else we can do to credit you for this issue. This transfer affected many players and we have determined a set amount to give players depending on a variety of factors in the interest of fairness. If you have any other issues please let us know.

Flag Post

Hey right on, Kong. It’s not a Kong issue Kixeye is pulling out, but you’re still trying to help us your loyal customers anyway. That speaks volumes, as well as exemplifies the difference between good customer service (Kong) and bad (Kixeye). It’s appreciated!

Flag Post

Thank you tricky. It is appreciated that you made the time to address this issue. Hopefully you will be able to keep kong customers where kixeye hasn’t.

Flag Post

why?
look, I think maybe the best so everyone is happy we let the backyard monsters on kongregate here and on facebook
so I think everyone is happy
Please kixeye
please

Flag Post

Is it going to be possible to move certain threads? I want to use my alliance page as a reference, and something be be proud of in general. Is it ok if I remake it or move it to the off-topic section or somewhere?

Flag Post

This will not happen aoron, the servers are Kixeye’s, not Kongregate’s.

Look at it this way. They cannot keep up with the FB version let alone keep a version to work on Kong too.

That would mean they would need to hire real coders to rewrite all their games. But that would cost to much money, so they stay with what they have right now. With the current (maybe past coders) coding practices, Kixeye didnt protect their game files from being decompiled. A hacker can edit the file by making one simple change to the SWF file. Then code injection is used and the result is 1000’s of hackers in the game causing 1000’s of errors every day.

Walk away from it, there are many other games that are 1000’s of times better than any Kixeye game.

Flag Post

What about badges issue?

Flag Post

I really hate the way you suckle money from us. I spent a year on this game, then I got infected with the horrible Base 0, I spent money, loads of time, and all I get is an error that goes un-fixed by a Money-Whoring company. I created an alt, spent 4-5 months playing, enjoying the community, and the game… I than get news that “Backyard Monster’s on Kongregate will no longer be supported, and it will be exclusively for Facebook.” AKA: “We don’t care about our customers at all!" Damn your company to the deepest corners of hell. Have a nice day.(:

Flag Post

I would like to say that Kong is setting an example as to how players should be treated, problems addressed, etc.

Hope Kixeye takes some notes.

Flag Post

sniff This is really a nice move from you guys. I feel like I have made the right decision when I stayed even when the mass of people were leaving. This game is not your issue, yet you compensate us for the time spent. You give the people who spent their Kreds on this back. You let us stay on these forums to communicate. This is an example of really good support, which KIXEYE never, ever gave.

Overall, I’d like to say many, many thanks for this, and hope you stay this awesome for as long as you can. :,)

Flag Post

Dang! I bought shiny for this game on Jan 02, and Jan 10 with Kreds. :( Oh well… Not Kong’s fault… Won’t be making that mistake again, though, Kixeye. >:(

Flag Post

I echo what has been said above. Kongregate is handling this in an exemplary way. They are a stand up site. Other issues I have reported have been addressed almost immediately. Congrats to Kongregate for supporting your users/customers. And thanks for leaving the forums up.

Flag Post

Wait to waste my time again Kixeye. First i waste it on yahoo then come to Kong to waste more of my time. Its safe to say I’m not going to make a facebook just to play a crappy map 3 version of BM. Thanks Kongregate for supporting your customers.

Flag Post

I started playing BYM around last Christmas, (one month ago) spent 20 dollars on it, can I get a refund?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jorn:

So the compensation for buying 4700 shiny in game, playing almost 7 months and currently being the 21th biggest player on kongregate (over 36 billion empire points), having a fully upgraded yard, almost lvl 40 inferno, having almost 1500 outposts, reaching max level 56, have all maxed monsters and champ, is 1.000 shiny.

KONGREGATE, please NEVER let Kixeye upload games here ever again!

I don’t think Kixeye would ever upload a game on here again anyways. I do support that motion though. They’re obviously not a company that deserved to be worked along side of.

In other news… Players complaining about KIXEYE here… it won’t solve any of your problems, nor will they ever check this forum again. Be mad, or do whatever you need, but there’s no reason to cuss and complain to the Kongregate staff. They’ve handled this wonderfully, and it’s honestly not something they can help.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dvdwen:

Speaking of KIXEYE’s compensation…

We are very sorry that you are not happy with the amount given, but there is nothing else we can do to credit you for this issue. This transfer affected many players and we have determined a set amount to give players depending on a variety of factors in the interest of fairness. If you have any other issues please let us know.

That is the exact same message Kixeye gave me. So it seems Kixeye is just giving everybody 500 shiny and dropping a generic copied and pasted “we’re sorry” message to fend off complaints. Evidently they’re not willing to invest the time it takes to look at each individual case and award a proper amount of shiny.

The biggest insult in Kixeye’s reply is that they claim they’re doing so in the name of ‘fairness’. As if giving a level 30 player who has played the game for days the same reward as a level 55 leaderboard player who has played for a year and purchased shiny is ‘fair’.

Flag Post

But fact is, don’t pay to play.

Flag Post

realmente eu tbm axo q a kixeye quer mt por um simples jogo

Flag Post
Originally posted by Destroyer80:

But fact is, don’t pay to play.

For 99% of games there’s nothing wrong with spending money. When you find a good company that actually makes good games paying can support them so they can continue making fun games. Kixeye is just a rotten apple. The one good thing that can come of this is to let the public know how Kixeye screws over its own customers so that less people will buy shiny in the future.

Flag Post

IF they ever pull the plug on Facebook, I wonder what would happen then. ‘’We got enough money, bye.’’

Flag Post

I`ll be sad to see this game go…

i came to kong for it
oh well with XYXEYE`s dumb and crappy service i wont be moving to FB

Flag Post

If there is something I dont like, its when you have to post to see whats already posted