[Vorp!] Is craw overpowered? + tips against craw

11 posts

Flag Post

Most people confuse an op ship with one thats just a higher lvl than them… especially craw. but personally, i could pvp craw with any ship (cept torpaz XD) and win most of the time if we are same lvl and if the player was average (lets say… below 1330). Likewise, iv done terrible in craw against average players who just know their ship well, and know the weakness of craw. So iv decided to defend the position that craw should NOT be nerfed. Agree? disagree? lets here it.

Flag Post

for those of you who struggle against craw, heres some tips:
- back up against the wall and dont fight in a craw in the open. kamehas disappear when they hit the wall = cut down half of craw’s dps. without kamehas, most ships have higher dps and higher health than craw
- as sone as craw unleashes his kamehas, use an escape/ boost move (future drive, space fold, kick) to distance urself with the kamehas, then turn and fight
- if you have low health, RUN/deport as soon as you see a craw. part of playing well is knowing when to retreat
- as we know with shinobi, avoid running around with low health. craws are extremely explosive and seem to come out of nowhere even if ur not paying attention for a split second.
- look at minimap often so u dont get ambushed
- resist the urge to chase after weak opponents deep into their base. if you do, dont rage when the craw ambushes you
- craws have ant-like health. you’ll be surprised how fast you can kill it… #clankshotgun
- dont give a chance for the kamehas to cool down. i think the cooldown is around 10- 15 sec.
- dont chase when you are at low health cuz craw can just drop kamehas while running away
- use spacebar; most craws will try to hit you head-on so back up and launch watever you have.

these are some general tips, but strategies vary depending on which ship your playing. ships that are good against craw are the following- clank (shotgun can out-dps anything), undu (craws have a habit of running into future drive), hirudo (shield when kamehas are released), dread (mines), ironW (shield when kamehas released), squid (storm/eye/skulls combo out-dps craw at close range)

hope this helps, and post if you have anymore tips

Flag Post

For me in Circe, I have found that beating Craw in between levels 1 and 10 is pretty much impossible (level 10 is when you get level 3 Ghost Field usually). The most you can do is have a teammate with you (but if they have a teammate, you are both likely screwed). The other thing you can do is stay on your side of the field, but that largely ruins the point of running Circe in the first place.

Trying to beat Craw in Circe without the level 3 Ghost Field is pretty much suicide, and unfortunately, Craw can catch up to you even if you Space Fold.

Flag Post

u could try space folding to the nearest wall as soon as kamahas come out… the key is finding some way to get rid of kamehas. cirice is not the greatest pvp ship anyways. sorry im not an expert at circe… you could ask davidCarney.

Flag Post

you guys should also consider the fact that some craws are simply better players… any ship can seem op in the right hands.

Flag Post

It is so easy to kill with craw compared to some other pvp ships. With Jabber you need the right timing and a good aim, Shino needs some time to get you down from full health, Turbo is tricky to learn and is very vulnerable when it stops in order to spin and kill something with its switchblades, Squid is big and slow, Dread is bigger and slower, AF has low range and just 2 active abilities.

Yes, Craw is nearly useless against structers, but it deals a lot of damage in short time, can slow enemies and can speed up in order to chase or flee (like Undu, just with shorter range and more dps).

Flying against a wall is not the solution, you will get rid of the Kamehas, but you will slow down so Craws Apnotics and Lasers can hit you.

I don´t say it is very overpowered, Craw is just unbalanced and needs some adjustment.

Flag Post

The only thing scary about Craw is the amount of Burst DPS it can deal in a short span of time when all 3 offensive skills are used at the same time (Apnotics has the highest dmg potential of all 3)… if avoiding isn’t an option, and have to fight it, at least make sure that you keep a certain distance so Apnotics won’t be too much of an issue, then Kamehas can just be thrown to the wall.

Best way to deal with it is to stick together… even if sharing the damage dealt from the Kameha works wonders.

Flag Post

Only? Its accel is ridiculously high, and slipstream is the best movement ability over medium distances. If you can’t win, you can’t get away either. It also flattens the skill curve a lot. Fancy movement is useless against it (you can at least jink out of hirudo’s range!), and it requires no aim. It’s not that bad at high skill levels, but if you have weak players on your team, a decent craw will feed to nigh unbeatable levels fast.

Flag Post
Originally posted by yolo1193:

u could try space folding to the nearest wall as soon as kamahas come out… the key is finding some way to get rid of kamehas. cirice is not the greatest pvp ship anyways. sorry im not an expert at circe… you could ask davidCarney.

Kamehas aren’t what does the most damage to me, I usually can get out of their range. It’s that laser. It has crazy DPS. As Circe, I rely on moving around in order to lengthen the fight and beat the opponent (Circe’s DPS is actually pretty low when compared to most other ships). I’m not capable of doing it with Craw because that laser bumps up the DPS so much, and it’s faster than I am.

And yeah, Circe isn’t PvP.

David Carney says he finds the ship as hard as most of the regular ships, but then again, we play Circe a bit differently. I think I’m more structure-oriented, whereas he’s more player-oriented.

Flag Post

In skilled Playerhands Craw is the easiest Fraghunter in this game – in the first 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes Enemies reach higher levels, more Energy. At this time Craws gibfest is slower.
After 15 minutes Craw cant kill many ships alone anymore.

So is Craw OP? In my eyes: Yes. No other ship got that scaring factor on Enemies.
Players already know how to play against Craw, and Craw is still the ship with most kills.

There is only 1 possible defense against Craw:

Stay together, watch your teammates, stay on high Energy before you chase into any fights.

Same tactics like fighting a Shinobi, just that Shinobi cant deal same high damage

Flag Post

Playing as a craw I remember there was one ant who was very very annoying.
Some more tips are:
Circle craw after you have destroyed kamehas on a wall. Most craws are not very intelligent and they will pretty much kill themselves for you.
When they use the boost, move to the side. This wont help if you are really slow or really low health, but the key is to dodge craw so you don’t get there.
Other than these two which are both really “move to the side”, sticking with teammates is the best way to take down craw and take pretty much no damage.