[Wasteland Empires] Feedback and Suggestions thread.

75 posts

Flag Post

Hey all,

hopefully by now you are enjoying the game a lot, enough to give us some feedback about the game. Heres a few questions but feel free to add your own points! ;)

1. Whats your favourite unit to use in game?
2. Do you enjoy the storyline?
3. What do you aim for most; a defended base, a strong attacking army, or do you try to tier up as quick as possible?
4. What is your favourite aspect of the game?
5. What is your least favourite aspect of the game?
6. Do you participate in the Community Forum Challenges?

And leave us more!

Flag Post

1. Rovers and Chainsaw Templars. Although I’m eagerly waiting for snipers.

2. Yes and no. I like the story, but I dislike how “fast” we advance forward. I was hoping we’d still be down to few weapons. Sure, the world would be filled with semi-working and even unharmed relics we can salvage and learn to use, but I’m fairly sure out of a population of few hundred we would never figure out how to actually copy and re-produce stuff like that. What I’m saying is, I’d like if the technology would advance slower as in instead of building tanks and machine guns, my guys would know how to build catapults. Of course we might have salvaged some guns and even a tank, but it’d be an unique relic found in the world and not something I can build more.

3. I guess all three.

4. Attacking enemy bases and seeing mushrooms drop.

5. Not being able to move the god damn wells! Nor removing neighbours. Or having no one to attack for weeks.

6. Yes

Flag Post

1. Fire destroyer rover is by far the toughest unit I have and up there with any other attacker, and VERY fast, so… this is a no-brainer. (I am at T6 so I expect this to change as I level up.)
2. The storyline… I like it OK so far, but it’s too early to tell since I have no idea where it’s leading yet.
3. I don’t bother defending since it seems pointless, so obviously I am all about offense. Gotta squeeze those mushrooms out of the enemy! Tier advancement helps with that, too.
4. Favorite aspect of the game is tied between the excavation process and looting enemy bases.
5. Least favorite aspect of the game is the hidden completion costs we only learn about after doing an upgrade/excavation. This is a TERRIBLE feature and would never exist in any game over which I had any control. Tell the cost up front, not at the end!
6. Community Forum Challenges… I might participate, if any of them spark my interest.

Flag Post

1. so far I like all the ranged-units, the fireflies and the little rebel
2. I really do enjoy it! am interested in whats coming next, but I’m afraid I’m going through them too fast. Enemies who supposed to be very strong aren’t that strong and the things I sometimes need I already have the most of the times and that’s not because I’ve been waiting for new chapters to come and upgraded everything fully yet.
3. Tier up and do (side-)quests
4. The quests
5. Bugs or things that shouldn’t happen or isn’t working as the description is telling you…
6. Sometimes

Flag Post

I have a suggestion:

Put the building level number on the building footprint.

One of the things which makes this game a chore is digging through piles of buildings trying to figure out if any of them need upgrading. The default display mode looks rather pretty (if also rather jumbled) with all the buildings waving their finery at me, but in footprint mode, functionality is key and the visuals are removed and replaced by simplistic building “footprint” shapes. While in this mode, it would be very useful if the level of each building were to be shown within that building’s footprint. Then we could see at a glance which ones were low and click on them immediately.

Flag Post

1. Rovers for sure, waiting on more teeth to check out the Chainsaw Templars.
2. I enjoy the storyline.
3. Strong attacking army, so that I may get more drops to tier up quicker. Defense isn’t as much of a concern for now.
4. Base design, and attack strategy.
5. Having certain items which cause a bottleneck of tier advancement in buildings(mushrooms, wood planks..etc)
6.Yes

Flag Post

Make the invite allies/friends feature easier to use, it is so confusing or does not work and it is frustrating!

Flag Post

1. The gold-only-created units seem to be the best, so these are also the most practical, think everybody prefers them most. But, just fom a practical/overall usefulness point of view. the sharma tank would be my absolute favorite unit. Easy to build without gold, it holds out to towers way above its Tier level… awesome!
2. So far, so good.
3. I aim for all the aspects mentioned at point 3. And, to Tier up as fast as possible, you kind of need to have the defense/good army, covered. You can’t Tier up fast without these prerequisites.
4. The fact that there are multiple “fields” that need covering. Farming, rep building (cause of the top 10 gold-winning contest), base integrity and the coolest thing about this game is, for me, the architecture of bases and that it allows players to create multiple defensive scenarios. This is also my motivation for advancing in Tier…
5. Its bugs! I haven’t even posted all the bugs I’ve discovered so far to crowdstar’s support site:(
6. Yes, some of them are quite fun!

When I first started playing, I had the feeling that this game is forgotten, abandoned, in a free falling-state. With each day that passes, I am even more hopeful. Hope you will continue showing interest in this cool project of yours:)

Cheers,
One of the many W.E. fans!

Flag Post

some other things that came along;

1. When defeating an enemy base you normally get a screen with the loot, the experience, points, etc. you won. But when I defeat an enemy base which was for a quest, I only get to see a screen that I completed that quest, got the quest-rewards and all I can do (besides sharing) is clicking the x which takes me to my own base. Without letting me see the stats of the attack like described above.

2. I don’t know how to explain this well enough but; when attacking an enemy base and I use commands (mouse-clicks) to use my troops, somehow it isn’t possible for me (and some others; I’ve asked) to attack (by mouse clicking) enemy buildings which are all the way to the left or bottom somehow. There are no other icons there, but my click will have no effect. Nor do they attack, nor do they move to that spot. And yes I do click in the view of my screen.

3. Rarely attacks of my troops don’t have any affect on the enemy buildings, but if I move them just a bit and than attack again, they do.

Hope this info is useful and can be fixed/explained

Cheers,
Steurtje

Flag Post

And yet another thing;
4. At your own homebase you see how many of your colony-people are in your army, but when going to the map this number changes in the amount of ‘units’ you actually have. In my case; I got 2 fire destroyer rovers which takes 10 people. When I go to the map the number says 2

Flag Post

1. Any Ranged unit. I like their cosmetic looks and their duel purpose in destroying both towers and regular buildings.
2. The storyline is very interesting. The only things I dont like is having to get items that are very difficult to get on your own.
3. I try for a strong army so when I attack I can get maximum benefits, usually I leave my farms vulnerable so if people need mushrooms they can get them by taking out my farms.
4. Almost everything, I like how I was able to transition from Age of Empires to this game with ease.
5. The set amount of workers it takes to scavenge. I’d like to be able to put however many I want on a piece, for instance, if an item takes 40 people 48 hours then I would like to put 80 and cut the time down.
6. No, never knew about them until now, but since I know about it now I will try to.

Flag Post

We need a way to remove neighbors. I have almost 50 and it’s cumbersome to scroll through them all.

Flag Post

Ok, I have sent my feedback, now I would like to make two suggestions…

1. It has been discussed in the game’s chatroom, but I see no one posted it so far – GUILD CHAT. We would like to chat among us, as a guild, to share experiences and wisdom. The game is not that complex, true, but we should be able to chat just among us, the members of a clan. Using the Kong room with private messages can be a real pain if talking to 3 people or more at the same time… Feel free to participate in one such active conversation and test it.

2. What ProspectorSam says… I agree: DELETE NEIGHBORS/IN-GAME FRIENDS. If the option for each player to do this manually is too complicated to implement, just do regular whipeouts of these two statuses, for all players that have been inactive for… let’s say.. two weeks. Those players should not show up in the active players’ lists.

We know you can help us:D
Thank you.

Flag Post

A little about the gold digger building:

It’s weird that for some of us it seems to keep digging, while others complain that destroying theirs causes it to stop. For some unknown reason, I seem to have a very well-behaved gold digger. It never blinked out during that period when so many were seeing theirs just vanish, and it has never stopped digging, whether intact or destroyed (at least, that I’ve noticed). FWIW I upgraded it to level 2 fairly early. (For those curious, here is the output it’s given since: 1,2,2,1,1,2,2,1,1,2,1,1,1,2)

Hoping this might help somehow with identifying the troubles some are still having.

Flag Post

Oh, and another suggestion: how about a timer on the NPC bases so we have an idea of when to come back to attack them again? Once we’ve leveled one, there’s no obvious way to know when it will respawn, so I just check it over and over, but that’s a time-consuming pain. If the game knows when it’s going to respawn them, why can’t it tell me so I know too?

Flag Post

One more: whenever my town is opened, I get the annoying sound of a ton of bricks being dumped on the ground, and this sound is VERY loud, perhaps double the volume of the other sounds in the game. It’s quite annoying and I can’t see any purpose for it other than to be annoying. Could that annoying sound be removed? I’d really like that, since it’s annoying.

Did I mention how annoying it is? ;-)

Flag Post

It has been mentionned but I want to state it again: the friend system is a nightmare -
in the general friend tab in the left corner it only shows 50 friends, since I got over 1500 friends on kong, the new friends that actually play wasteland do not show. And since in some other kong games such as backyard monsters or dawn of dragons i need my previous friends, i am certainly not going to chuck the previous friends out just to see the new friends in wasteland.
The simple solution can be found in games such as bushwacker two where you got an extra tab that says in game friends, showing only those kong friends that play the relevant game (bushwacker in this case).
Hope this inspires to do a similar thing for wasteland.

Flag Post

The speed up construction and the speed up unit training reward did not work – probably a bug

Flag Post

I am going to post my gold digger experiences here as well, as I have done it in a somewhat unrelated topic, but first…. HERE, HERE! On ProspectorSam’s idea of AI bases having a timer. I would love one such means of knowing exactly when I’ll be able to attack them. Now for the gold digger part:

OK, this is confusing … the Gold Digger doesn not give 2 gold every time, that is for sure! However, it does say on it, while hovering your mouse cursor, that it gives “1 to 2 gold”… I will keep upgrading mine with each chance I get, cause lvl 3 and 4 Gold Digger also have a chance of dropping other various resources… But please clarify the way it is supposed to work:)

Update: oh and… why does the timer reset at random intervals, for no particular reason, I was not attacked, it has not gotten destroyed, I have not even destroyed another player’s gold digger for that matter when this happened and this is the most obvious example I have. I look at it now, it says somehting like 11 hours until harvest… check it 10 minutes later, tops… 15:59:?? … why does it do that?

Update 2: The Gold Digger’s timer just reset again. This time it as from 10 hours and 20 minutes after it got restored.

Update 3: If destroying other players’ restored Gold Diggers, aren’t we supposed to get 2 gold, each time we end an attack on their base? Cause this only happens randomly, I know I’ve received gold for destroying the gold digger as well, but not all the time.

Flag Post

(I’m gonna guess that the acquisition of gold from destroying the gold digger is tied into the generation of gold within that gold digger — IOW, you get whatever gold, if any, is already waiting there, having just been harvested by the digger since the last time its owner logged in and clicked it.)

Flag Post

Today the gold digger reset its timer when it had less than an hour before harvesting… around 46 minutes or so were left…

Flag Post

other thing; New chapter (yay!) way to easy with T4 towns, should be T5. But new quest is to have at least 64 T5 (or better) walls. I just made around 10 and it was completed! (I already had like 100 T3 walls, too lazy to upgrade them)

Flag Post

The gold digger reset its timer at around 8:30:00 time left before harvesting…

Flag Post

And the gold digger reset its timer again at around 8 – 9 hours left before harvesting…

Flag Post

……………………………..And the gold digger reset its timer again, this time from about 10 hours…. is anyone else having this problem with the lvl 2 Gold digger? Cause for me it’s starting to be a little bit annoying… considering that I can’t farm it anymore, for more than 30 hours now… Nevermind, I found out what was causing the constant timer resets… it was road/building changes, that would set the Gold Digger’s pathway as inaccessible… ONCE! So… keep this in mind people… not to make rearrangements to your base… at least not until you’ve harvested your CGD!