1) General Tips
2) Mentorship / apprenticeship
3) Character Progression
4) Idling Effectively
5) Autocombat
6) Class Specific Information
7) Currencies

1) General Tips
- If you buy Gold with kreds, you need to ‘withdraw’ the amount after you’ve bought it. Link here for tutorial: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/266-mythic-saga/topics/323509-missing-gold
- You get a free wings if you sign into this website and use the code provided (only 100+ as of this update available) http://www.kongregate.com/forums/266-mythic-saga/topics/323208-kgg-pack?page=1#posts-6804253
- You need to occasionally repair your equipment. This means going to the vendors in game to fix your items. The game doens’t really ‘tell’ you when you need to repair (e.g. ur crap is broken!!! popup). That means you need to periodically check your character doll item by item.
- When mentoring / apprenticing / trading / doing other social actions that require an accept, make sure you click on your ‘social bar’ to accept the trade/apprentice attempts. There is no other more apparent popup (and if you have a bunch of friend requests / gear upgrades blessings etc., you won’t notice that’s where you are supposed to accept).
- Throughout the first 25-30 levels, you will be going through the game’s tutorial, which is teaching you how to click through various areas etc.

2) Mentorship / apprenticeship
- As soon as you start the game – hit “J”, then goto your mentorship tab. Find a mentor (e.g. me – Buffdawg if you are terra xD), then hit the ‘apprentice’ button, and this allows you to mentor to a high level player in the game
- This provides several benefits – the mentor has vested interest in seeing you lvl up fast (as this gives points which can be translated into credits for them)
- Personally, I will help my apprentices level up and I give them all the guild-collect quest drops as I no longer need them
- More importantly, your mentor will help teach you how to play the game if they are nice, and you aren’t horribly annoying (I am nice, and I hope you are not horribly annoying xD)
- For would-be mentors out there, you accumulate mentor-points which can be traded in for credits at the ‘rewards’ tab. You get points whenever an apprentice levels up (so get them early!) and up to when they get to lvl 40.

Flag Post

4) Character Progression
This section talks about how to make your character stronger through the various upgrades found in the game.

Equipment Crafting
In the crafting tab, you will be able to create equipment for your character at 5 level increments. During the first 20-30 levels, the game will prompt you to make equipment for 8/13 slots available to you. I recommend you craft these and the rest of your slots and then upgrade the level (more on that later) instead of crafting new sets of equipment every time you out level the equipment, as there is a compound cost involved.

In this game – crafted equipment is the strongest equipment you can get from the progression that has been seen thus far.

Equipment Upgrading
There are several ways to upgrade your equipment. You can upgrade it’s level, temper it, imbue it, consecrate it, and socket it. Most of these are found by opening up your character doll, mousing over the equipment that has a little ‘up’ arrow and clicking it, then selecting ‘upgrade’.

Understanding equipment “Might”
Far as I know – the only thing “Might” does is it adds up your equipment’s power into a big number, and as you progress through various milestones, it changes the color of your equipment all the way up to “Godlike”.

Level Upgrade
Level up your equipment up to your character’s level, increases all general stats found on weapon.

Requires Cloth, Ore, Leather, Timber, and Pearl Essences found in Daily Questpack and dungeons.

Failure: Lose all materials, potentially decreasing its level

Temper
Increase tempering level (max 10) of your equipment, increases all general stats found on weapon.

Requires Cloth, Ore, Leather, Timber, and Pearl Essences found in Daily Questpack and dungeons.

Failure: Lose all materials, potentially decreasing its level

Imbue (coming soon)

Flag Post

4) Idling
- You have various options to choose from to make maximum use of your idling time (e.g. when you are not around to actually play your character). This game is highly automated and has functions such as autocombat.
- I recommend for the first few lvls (e.g. up to mid-30’s) you can just idle by going offline up to 8 hours at a time. This gives you a tremendous boost to xp for your level vis-à-vis the other options as well as 1600 energy useful for zodiac/elements training
- Your second option is to meditate – this is highly useful to unlock your Zodiacs and Elements – extra boosts to your characters stats (I recommend saving all /most energy for zodiacs as elements you will be able to upgrade via items later and these are a little more abundant). Post your first 35-40 lvls, this is how you will mainly spend your time as there’s no other way to efficiently gain energy. You will want to find a melding partner. The best way is to goto the resurrection site in your main town, and hit meditation, then meld, then make sure you have auto-meld selected. Depending on the melding mode, it increases the speed of energy increase
- your final option is to auto-combat although I recommend you only do this when you are into your 40’s when there is a huge drought of quests and you need to grind a lot to level up.

5) Auto-battle
- To enter auto-battle mode – hit “H”
- To choose the spells / various options for auto-battling, hit “T”
- It is important, when idle-autobattling, that you have your bag filled with medicines (I find a 65/35 ratio for health-to-mana potions best, for everyone it will be different depending on class. Experiment!)
- Make sure you choose mobs that aren’t going to kill you after 4 kills
- Make sure you choose spells that won’t pull too much (at the beginning you might want to choose single-target spells only if you can’t handle the mobs you are choosing… or choose an easier mob :) )
- Having your auto-partying options clicked is highly useful – as this lets people roaming around to party with you automatically, and their kilsl adds to your xp/gold/treasure drops

6) Class-specifics
Mage
- As mage, make sure you put 1 point into frost nova and teleport. These 2 skills will make you a much more effective kiting class. Generally speaking, fire tree is for huge damage (but has cast time, whcih means you need to stand still – e.g. bad for pvp), while the lightning tree is for insta-cast / kiting, and useful for some boss encounters solo as well.

7) Currencies in the Game
Currencies:
Gold – Premium Currency, need to buy with real money, used to shortcut through many upgrades and special items only found in the Gold coin Shop etc. (not to be confused with gold Coins)

Coins – Comes in copper, silver, gold. 100 Copper = 1 silver, 100 silver = 1 gold. Your main in game currency, used for most things.

Credits – Currency used for various upgrades, this is the poor man’s version of Gold. Can buy some (not all) of the upgrade items available via gold.

Merit – PvP Points / Faction points. Used to determine your Faction Rank and can be traded in for experience at the faction officer in your home city.

Flag Post

reserved

Flag Post

reserved

Flag Post

reserved

Flag Post

reserved

Flag Post

reserved

Flag Post

reserved

Flag Post

reserved

Flag Post

reserved

Flag Post

reserved

Flag Post

reserved

Flag Post

reserved

Flag Post

Very nice guide you got here, thanks for your time and effort :)

I would love to hear more about crafting and optimizing your dps and defense if you have something to say(write) about it?

I have spent all my credits I had to upgrade my gear(by crafting) to level 30(although I am currently 37 and cant afford to upgrade more). I noticed that players around my own level kill mobs much easier than me and also seem to take less damage over time. I clicked around everywhere I could find to upgrade my things(gear, relic, mount etc.), but I seem to have done all I could unless I am missing something :S I know that I messed up a bit at the start, didn’t realize that upgrading gear would take them to the next crafting level so I re-crafted quite a lot of the gear I had to another level instead of upgrading them(from 20 to 25) and npc’d my old level 20 gear. When I hit 30 I just realized it, and upgraded my gear instead which is probably one of the reasons why my current gear level isn’t at par with my player level. Is there any way to catch up on credits that I wasted vs my leveling or will I forever be lacking what I need? If so I might consider a reset(even If i already spent kongregate kreds).

So yes, some wise words concerning developing your character would be most appreciated.

Another thing,
The biggest ‘issue’ I have with this game is that i leveled from one to thirty in a few hours or so, and had to take in and process a HUGE amount of information about all the different things you can do in the game. Right now, a day and a half, and 7 levels later, I am still confused about so many things. You have quests(guild quests I think) to collect materials from level 30-39 mobs, but levels of mobs are not shown unless you click on them. So I need to run around clicking on every single mob to see what level it is? I need to find one more ‘fang’ for example, can I get that from any mob in that level range or is it only one or a few specific mob that drops it? If so, how do I know which one? There is nothing in the quest description that I can click to auto path. And that’s another issue, all this ‘auto-pathing’ makes you not learn the location of things because it does it for you, so when you need to go some place without having anywhere to click for for help, it is HUGELY frustrating and annoying to try and figure it out.

Lastly, I noticed that there is a huge amount of NPC’s with different ‘services’ that could be good to know. A list of those would be nice.

No need to reply to this, just trying to give you ideas on things that might confuse more people other than me to cover in your guide. I will most probably have figured many things out very soon anyway :)

Cheers!

Flag Post

chrispa76,

Thank for the kind comments. Yes – their tutorial (e.g. first 25 lvls or so) is not very well done, because the game is too automated. E.g., everything is clicked for you, so you don’t even know what you need to click to get to other things! There’s also an endless amount of ‘stuff’ u can do in game to improve your character – so I totally get that feeling of being lost as well :)

On your point about gear – if it were me, I would reset. Or take it as an opportunity to try a new character class ! (remember – terra and mentor me so I can help you xD).

One thing though – there seems to be a character creation bug right now so don’t delete anything until you’ve made a new character successfully!

To summarize on your feedback.. I’ll look into:
1) More info on character development:
- Gear upgrading / crafting
- Mount
- Relic
- Wings (access at lvl 40)
- Skyblades (access at lvl 40)

2) More information Daily Quests / handins / buffs / instancing

3) A list and What various NPC’s do
- For this one i will not bother listing what city and how to find them, because I think using the map feature in game is more than intuitive.

Flag Post

when ivent mount and wing?

Flag Post
Originally posted by virwandi:

when ivent mount and wing?

Do you mean when I’m going to write about mounts and wings? Maybe english isn’t your first language but more content is coming. I’m formatting and making it look a bit nicer than a wall of text… and balancing that with actually playing the game xD

Flag Post

Buffdawg,

Your guide article is awesome so that our manager decide to send you some rewards for your hard working
Here is the item list: Tower of Judgement Instance Pass*1/Holy Bless*1/Holy Anointing Oil*1/Pack Expansion Scroll*2/Bullhorn*10/Offline Exp Orb*2 you can find them in your bag.
Wish you can share more useful game experience here on our forum :)

Mythic Saga Team

Flag Post

What is that Holy Anoiting Oil? O.o

Edit: You forgot to put in “Gold” section that it is possible to get it in-game, and there are 2 number 4’s in the guide. (idling and character progression are both 4, when idling should be 3)

Flag Post

Holy anointing oil is an instant heal for 5000 hp and 5000 mp.

Thx for catching the numbering.

Also – how is it possible to get “Gold” in game? Pls elaborate!

Flag Post

You can get Gold in-game through guild bosses. they drop the chests that contain it.

Flag Post

is there any way to get wings other than buying gold to get a featehr orb becuase theres no more keys left for the primal wing pack stuff I REALLY want wings but i cant get it

Flag Post

Gameangel – unfortunately not that I know of.

Periodically they will have events, but aside from spending cash or joining a guild and hoping to get the gold chests so you can buy a feather orb, i do not know any way to fix this.

Flag Post

That sucks but its ok Thank for telling me