[Wasteland Empires] The Daily Presents Event! (updated 7 Feb)

29 posts

Flag Post

We’ve launched the Daily Presents Event in Wasteland on Kongregate. Every day you log in, you can get more parts and resources! Leave us some feedback about this! :)

EDIT: Due to Feedback, we’ve changed this and added some parts :D

Flag Post

Nice addition and will hopefully increase activity! However, sadly resources are quite useless and never a problem in this game.

Therefore, instead of resources I’m sure people would appreciate it more if each day added more “random” items (Gas cans, mushrooms, planks, propane, bicycle spokes).
Day 1: One item
Day 2: Two items
Day 3: Three items +1 gold
Day 4: Three items + 2 gold
Day 5: Three items, battery + 3 gold

Flag Post

Nice addition! I do agree with AleisterB though, we already got plenty of resources.

Flag Post

We did discuss this, but parts are difficult to specify; like each tier needs different parts, and i dont think it is possible to first detect what tier they are to specify which parts they should get (and then of course if you changed tier during the time, what happens then? Do you continue and reset after the 5th day, or does it change?)

Perhaps if we can suggest parts that are needed for several tiers, that could help.

Flag Post

Mushrooms! We need those every Tier except the first.

Flag Post

We will always need mushrooms so that’s one. Propane is also used a lot, both for buildings and for scrapyard. Bicycle spokes are needed for mill upgardes and at least I find them to be very rare.

Those three are what I’d like to see: Mushrooms, propane and bicycle spokes.

Of course, what you said is true and although we might need them now, we might not need them two months from now. Therefore, maybe it could check your reputation level and give you items depending of it? I think resetting every 5 days is good.

I guess mushrooms, propane and bicycle spokes for level 1 to 15, then 15+ adds potatoes? Beyond that I don’t know since I haven’t played this game enough, but add more items to the loot-group depending which rep level we are, but at least those first three I mentioned are needed for a very long time.

Flag Post

Yes, I totally agree with Aleister, but I would add one more item….Wood Planks. I am finding them quite rare now that I do not have any human players within my territory. As for higher rep levels, potatoes are only used in tier 8 as well as hand sanitizer, and Rusted Disc Brakes, but high numbers are needed(at least on FB), so they will be useful for a time.

Flag Post

Cheers guys. I have sent through the feedback.

The lower items may be possible, shall see what the men say.

Flag Post

Ok; based on Feedback given here, the developers have changed the rewards, which you can now see include parts :D

Flag Post

Thank you A LOT. Three Bicycle Spokes, niiiice, maybe I’ll finally get some. :D

Flag Post

The devs and managers are amazing :D Has to be said!

Flag Post

I notice the “S” on MushroomS on the day 2 :D

Is it like the gold digger ? a random amount of mushrooms ?

Flag Post

It gives 2. The Gold digger should give 1 gold every 16 hours as far as I know until upgraded then it gives 2 per 16 hours.

Flag Post

2 mushrooms :D

Rhaaaaaa need to wait 3 days for them :’(

Flag Post

This is great!

Flag Post

Kane, is the upgraded Gold Digger supposed to give 2 gold everytime? Because a lot of people have been complaining it gives 1 or 2 so it’s based on luck and thus not “worth” the upgrade.

Flag Post

it takes over a month to get the investment back at 2 gold each harvest (IF its running 24/7 and harvested every 16h and not destroyed, because if it’s destroyed it stops counting (mine does anyway))

Flag Post

OK, this is confusing … the Gold Digger doesn not give 2 gold every time, that is for sure! However, it does say on it, while hovering your mouse cursor, that it gives “1 to 2 gold”… I will keep upgrading mine with each chance I get, cause lvl 3 and 4 Gold Digger also have a chance of dropping other various resources… But please clarify the way it is supposed to work:)

Update: oh and… why does the timer reset at random intervals, for no particular reason, I was not attacked, it has not gotten destroyed, I have not even destroyed another player’s gold digger for that matter when this happened and this is the most obvious example I have. I look at it now, it says somehting like 11 hours until harvest… check it 10 minutes later, tops… 15:59:?? … why does it do that?

Update 2: The Gold Digger’s timer just reset again. This time it as from 10 hours and 20 minutes after it got restored.

Update 3: If destroying other players’ restored Gold Diggers, aren’t we supposed to get 2 gold, each time we end an attack on their base? Cause this only happens randomly, I know I’ve received gold for destroying the gold digger as well, but not all the time.

Flag Post

According to the W.E. Wikia page, bycicle spokes are not needed in this game, except for the first Tiers, however, gas cans are needed all the way up to the last tier. Considering that the time spent for lower tiers is shorter, what will the players who pass the bycicle spokes hunger phase do, until the end? Still get these useless items as a fourth day reward?

Flag Post

spokes and wood planks for that matter are needed for ‘lower Tiers’ But when reaching new tiers you always get the posibility to make new refineries so you’ll need them again :)

Flag Post

I’d rather spend gold on 3 spokes for a refinery, then spend gold on 35 gas cans to upgrade a tower. or 20 for particular vehicles, or 25 for other towers, etc. Gathering spokes every four days means too much spokes in the long run (especially since they also drop during player raids), gathering zero gas cans… means you will never be able to keep certain buildings up to tier, or enjoy the army you want… Spokes are less rare and needed in the douzens, gas cans are needed in the hundreds. I know gas cans can be farmed from rubble and won during clan battles, but the latter are not always an option and I believe I’ve seen a total of 20 drop from small rubble, ever since I started playing…

All I am saying, is mix it up, gas cans with spokes, like you did with propane tanks and wooden planks. Tyvm :D

Flag Post

I have zero spokes and all my mills are low level. Yet I have 200 gas cans. Mills need bicycle spokes all the way to T10 – and possible beyond.

Flag Post

FWIW, my tallies ATM are 66 gas cans, 32 spokes. Until just now I thought I was done upping my mills, but I see now that I have at least 2 more at T6 to do. (Is this a good time to repeat my call for building levels to be placed within building footprints?)

Flag Post

Since everybody is “in the now” and not properly inspecting the wikipedia/paying attention at the drop rate while farming… can we have some Omniweave titanium parts included in the various bonuses/rewards/benefits/free giveaway areas of the game ??? :DDDDDDD pleaseeeeeeeee. pretty please with sugar on top ??

PS: I’m gonna post this in other areas of this forum as well…

Flag Post

Ok but dont spam :P Since this is the feedback thread for the daily gift it should probably go here.

I will mention it but as far as I remember this is a higher tier item and that the drop rate for it was increased based on previous feedback.