[Esgrima 2] TakashiKurorai's GUIDE TO WARRIOR SKILLS

16 posts

Flag Post

For the newly-made Warrior in Esgrima 2.

This is as of February 11, 2013, so the level cap is 50.

For the Visually Inclined:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7024/warriorskilltreeesgrima.png

For the Textually Inclined:

WITH MINING:

• Levels 1-5: Max your passive Health buff, Maximum Life.
  • Level 6: Put a point into Mining.
  • Levels 7-9: Save up.
  • Levels 10-11: Max Lightning Strike, your first AoE.
  • Levels 12-19: Save up.
  • Level 20: Max the attack buff Battle Spirit, put one into your Warrior Strength Passive to max it, and put one each into Powerful Strikes and Ralampago, the multistrikes.
  • Levels 21-22: Put two more points (total of three) into Mining.
  • Levels 23-25: Put three more points into Powerful Strikes.
  • Levels 26-29: Save up.
  • Level 30: Max Self-Heal, the passive that will save your life.
  • Level 31: Max Powerful Strikes.
  • Level 32: Put a fourth point into Mining.
  • Levels 33-39: Save up.
  • Level 40: Max Crazy Rush, your AoE Multistrike boss killer. Put the remaining three points into Lightning Storm, your third AoE.
  • Levels 41-42: Max Lightning Storm.
  • Levels 43-46: Max Ralampago.
  • Level 47: Put your fifth point into Mining.
  • Levels 48-49: Save up.
  • Level 50: Put a point into Warrior Critical to max it. You should have 2 discretionary points left over. I suggest one in Poison, and one in Evasion, or something like that.

WITHOUT MINING:

• Levels 1-5: Max your passive Health buff, Maximum Life.
  • Levels 6-9: Save up.
  • Level 10: Max Lightning Strike, your first AoE.
  • Levels 11-19: Save up.
  • Level 20: Max the attack buff Battle Spirit, put one into your Warrior Strength Passive to max it, and put two each into Powerful Strikes and Ralampago, the multistrikes.
  • Levels 21-23: Put three more points into Powerful Strikes to max it.
  • Levels 24-25: Put two more points into Ralampago for a total of four.
  • Levels 25-29: Save up.
  • Level 30: Max Self-Heal, the passive that will save your life.
  • Levels 31-39: Save up.
  • Level 40: Max Crazy Rush, your AoE Multistrike boss killer. Max Lightning Storm, your third AoE.
  • Level 41: Max Ralampago.
  • Levels 42-49: Save up.
  • Level 50: Put a point into Warrior Critical to max it. You should have 8 discretionary points left over. I suggest maxing Evasion and putting three in Poison, or something like that.

NOTE: Be wary of Lightning Element. While some enemies are weak to Lightning (they will take increased damage from your attacks), others are strong against Lightning (they will take decreased damage from your attacks). Once you add the point into Lightning, you cannot reverse it without resetting your skills with a Skill Reset Manual from the gold mall.

Thanks to ChiefGuard for the feedback on this. Thanks to Kong and the devs of Esgrima 2 for the forums and game ^^

Flag Post

This guide is amazing for anyone who want to try the warrior! Can you make one for all the other class? Again good work!

Flag Post

I’d consider it—if I played any other classes. XD Perhaps if and when I branch out into something like Guardian or Officer. There are suggestions around, though, and the general rules seem to work across the board: ignore single strikes in favor of AOEs and Multistrikes, especially multistrike AOEs. Read the buffs and passives carefully, determine whether or not the bonus given is actually worth a point spent on a given character. Don’t get an elemental bonus unless you’re sure you want it. Bob’s Guide has useful hints for Cleric, unless they’ve been debunked. And if you’re really in a rut… ask around.

Flag Post

thx for guide it’s really cool

i have question for item and gem build, isn’t it worth to build everything for more attack then crit multiplier like to have flame not drag and gems also to use some attacks etc,
just considering its buff and also that warrior can’t have much crit chance anyway

Flag Post

ahhh and also for max life skill i think it can be at most blue. i consider it is really crap

Flag Post

Peona… For one thing, no, it isn’t worth that. Not to me. An ungemmed warrior at level 50 has x4 crit without dragon. A high crit with lower attack will do more damage than a low crit with higher attack… not to mention that Flame sabre also has Fire element on it. That, to me, overrules any slight – and it is slight – damage increase on the Flame sabre. (And in end game, Fire is a fairly useless and detrimental element. Earth/Water is, if I understand right, a better combination.) You can easily make up the damage in crits, so long as you’re gemmed right. Now, granted, I don’t yet have either T2, but judging by the other weapon types that I can view stats for… the additional attack just isn’t enough to justify it.

And secondly, the max life skill? The one at level 1? While it’s unfortunately a static increase and not a percentile one, I’ve found two things. One, it gives me an extra survivability edge against those without it—ESPECIALLY at low levels, but at level 50 also. Not much, but noticeable. And two, what would you take instead? Dodge, on a warrior? That’s 5% you’ll never proc. The active health buff? Poison? Or worse, a single-hit move? Out of the options presented, it’s clearly the best choice.

Flag Post

Maxing Poison is a must imo (in contrast to the Officer’s Poisoned Bullet skill, which is crap).
Attack buff & critical multiplier are applying to it as well, and having an extra active skill should be more important than some extra health.

Flag Post

Firstly relating to the fact that warrior has no concrete speciality. With both top gear on both warrior and officer, warrior will have only about 60 def more which is less than 10% difference. Warrior will have about 48% max crit chance, when officer has around 90% with buff and skill manual if I`m not mistaken? Officer has overall much better AoE, he is absolute winner in long rung too making warrior almost useless in WF. And yeah although warrior has a little bit higher base dmg, officer got better and more efficient skills as I said before. I`ve seen many people are saying warrior are super awesome and easy to grind. Yes they are easy to grind, but in endgame they suck, just like any other class comparing to officer. Self heal? pff b*tch please, it only works when you farm loot. 9% chance to heal against WF bosses is just a joke. P.S. I really feel sorry about zerkers, muskets, mages who s*ck even more vs officer.
Sooo. Back to dmg vs crit builds for warrior. Easy math. Let`s say our base dmg is 1000. Our crit chance is 48%. You can have 3 crit gems, every crit gives 100% boost. 3 crit gems = 300%. Statistically you`ll be critting every second hit, so you`ll get 1500dmg bonus from crit gems.(I didn`t even consider that crit applies on specific skill bonus dmg as well as dmg boost skill, so practically those crit gems will give you even much better average dmg bonus.) Now dmg build. Lol should we even talk about it? Can`t be bothered to count total dmg bonus if you have all ATK gems, but it definately wont be 150% of your basic damage ok :))
So here we go. Currently there is absolutely no choice between what gem should you select. Either crit gems are too OP, or other gems are complete junk. I think the second option is more true.
So officer is like a typical thief in standard MMO games – dps, crit. But wait, he got great def too.
Aaand warrior is like… I don`t know what he is like. He got light armor, which is just liiitle bit better than officer`s. He got considerably worse crit %, he doesn`t have outstanding/exceptional basic damage. Instead we could and should have a reliable, long run damager with reduced crit % and considerably good defense.

Flag Post

Also.. yes passive HP is good simply because you don`t have any other skills to spend points on. Would be there 100 skills to select from, yes why not to skip HP buff :)

Flag Post

I’ll make this brief. This is not a comparative guide. This is a guide to warriors. Officers don’t really enter into it. If you want to discuss how OP the Officer class is, be my guest… elsewhere. And Poison is a terrible, terrible skill; we’ve known that since day one.

And here I am wondering why this suddenly attracted attention when it sat peacefully for a month…

Flag Post
Originally posted by zergbull:

Firstly relating to the fact that warrior has no concrete speciality. With both top gear on both warrior and officer, warrior will have only about 60 def more which is less than 10% difference…blah blah blah

Okay, great and all, except this is a warrior’s skill guide, not an officer VS warrior comparison…

Flag Post

Probably my mistake not making it clear. I answered Peona`s question providing an example of why it`s so bad when there are no choices between different builds. All I wanted to say is that if gems gave much better dmg, it would be just awesome while now there is pretty much only one build, which is not supposed to suit all the classes. Sorry for a little flaming :/

Flag Post

yep thanks guys for answers, actually it is true only def and crit is needed to everybody in this game nothing else which makes the content of the game to be poor

Flag Post

With the new update and L60 cap, since there are no L60 skills, you should have an extra 10 skill points to spend. WITHOUT MINING: That’s two to max Poison or Evasion, whichever you didn’t, and eight more discretionary. Now you can consider the single strikes (or, frankly, mining). Start high. WITH MINING: Spend eight to max Poison and Evation, leaving you two. Given that, not sure yet what’s best.

Flag Post

As a noob warrior( lvl 23, 3 days in game) i am using this guide ;) Thanks for writing it.

I have some questions about mining and warrior stuff:
-What changes putting 1-2-3 skill points on mining? Drop rates ?
-When will i be able to reach the second mine under sea?
- Where can i get that Lvl 18 Lighning Sabre, Quest ?
Peace! ;)

Flag Post

1) Skill points in mining only change what mines you can use and what mats you can get. Drop rates are unaffected.
2) You get there after beating Dark Ocean.
3) Once you’re L18, talk to the folks in Portville. Jack will offer you the quest.
4) This is mainly a skill guide. There are other, better opportunities and locations for you to ask those questions.
5) I was foolish enough to miscount, and was reminded that this guide is actually 1 point off. You get your first skill point at level 2, not 1. So play knowing that your progression might be a little off from what’s listed here, as what’s listed here is strictly incorrect in that sense. I may revise it to reflect that and the new L60 cap.