[Nova Raider] this latest patch

8 posts

Flag Post

ok so you have taken away the most effective weapon on raids, that stacking attack and instead made it so adding more attack buffs resets the timer back to 10 seconds and not adding another 10 seconds to the time like the patch notes say so not only have we lost the best raid weapon there was but we still cant power up more than 2 members at a time due to the time not being added and only reseting the timer

so then what you need to do now is give the game some kind of raid weapon that can deal big damage to static targets or you may as well take the indave button out of the game cuz going back to 2 hour raids to kill a few drones just isnt gunna cut it

oh and while your at it take the support class out of the game, YOU CLEARLY DONT LIKE IT NEWAY so just have done with it and we’ll all be raiders like good little players so you dont have to worry about balance any more cuz everyone will be the same based on lvl

you have not done the game any favors this time sublinet, i’m dissapointed in you lack of understand of how your own game works, just try playing it for real and see just how hard it really is to do anything on a raid, well without those buffs raids are back to being pointless again thank you for that

Flag Post

He mad. He clearly mad, bro.

I agree with pretty much everything he said, however. Don’t get rid of the support class, though. In fact, make the support class stronger. Give it a much bigger boost to Damage Buff, based on CPU, than other classes. And let the timer stack on damage buff while also reducing the cooldown time on damage buff, now that it doesn’t stack the damage. It would be awesome to be able to damage buff someone for a full minute that way you don’t have to worry about damage buffing them for a bit and it allows you more time to micro someone else.

But, yes, the destruction of half of the support class’ point was bad form. Damage Buffing was a major staple of what being a support was all about. I followed around my comrades for hours at a time, helping them defeat bosses and monsters. I got gems and experience and they got to one-shot monsters and quickly kill bosses. It was a mutually beneficial package deal. Now, that’s not really an option. Sure, damage buff is there….but it sucks so bad that a person gets a better boost out of equipping attack gems.

Flag Post

As the resident level 50 support, I’m trying to figure this out.

First, support gets a major HP nerf. The reason? Dodge is soooooo great.
Second, missiles get a massive buff. The reason? No clue. But they are not affected at all by dodge, so now support as a class is easier to kill than even traders.
Third, Attack buff is nerfed. On top of this, I’ve been watching my drone damage – if I attack buff my drone at all, it has zero effect. The drone does the same damage.

… was the point of this to make it so supports are clearly the weakest class in the game in every way? We can’t help raiders as much as they can help themselves with gems and damage buff… Essentially we have nothing but heal cannons. Are we support ships or simply medics?

Flag Post

oh and not to mention that the drone misses more often than anything else in the game

cant supports have some love at least, i get it you want ppl to play in teams and not solo but come on if all we can do is heal other ppl then what good are we and dont even think about lowering the self heal kits back to what they were they are fine as is but supports need something better to do than heal ppl

also i see the timer for revive hasnt changed yet either, i have said this before and i’ll say it again (unless big boom is going to be used) YOU CAN NOT PREDICT 5 SECONDS BEFORE SOMEONE DIED THAT THEY ARE GOING TO DIE AND IF YOU CAN THEN YOU CAN HEAL THEM revive cooldown can be whatever the hell you like to be honest but the EFFECT MUST BE 1 min or more AT THE VERY LEAST

Flag Post

So much fail in this topic. Support, as name suggests, never should match raiders and tanks in solo play. End of story. Go look at supporting clasess in, I don’t know, any other game? DPS class is called that because they’re responsible for, brace yourselves, dealing damage. Support is not DPS, it is, wait for it, SUPPORT.
Gems give better bonus? Are you telling me that now gems and skill doesn’t stack? Or are you that stupid that you don’t realize that raider with gems and buff will deal even more damage? Dmg buff is lowered because most powerful raider weapons now include multiplied attack value in damage formula. If you fail at math THAT bad, then it’s your problem and I have same solution as for every other kid: stop playing games and go back to school. Learn some basic operators like addition and multiplication, then we’ll talk about game mechanics.
Can’t buff your own drone? Read first paragraph about solo support.
Can’t predict if your teammate will die in 5 seconds when most weapons in game shoots with 0.3s delay? Seriously? Then take piece of paper, pencil and calculator and calculate average DPS for few most common weapon setups, then calculate amount of hp required to survive 5 seconds and when you see teammate below that amount just apply revive. Simple as that.

Since the beginning of time, playing support class required brain. No much, but more than DPS or tank. That’s why support classes are least favourite pick in most games: because you’re supposed to be a team player, not badass who can solo everything. If you don’t understand that, then problem lies not with game, but with you.

Flag Post

ok so i have been trolled and i’m gunna feed you, sod it why not

from max HP on anything other than a tank you can be killed within 5 seconds by 1 full volly from 4 players at the same time, no matter how hard you try to can never see that comming and even if you can the same players are gunna kill more than 1 person neway so revive is still useless

as for damage buffing i’m not talking about trying to take on other players with 4-15k HP or mobs with up to 40k HP or even bosses with 80k HP i’m talking about trying to take out a heap of base defences with upwards of 100k HP each, the stacking damage buff was the only thing making raids really worth doing, even with it a solid team of 15 players could hardly dent a base let alone without it

the support class SHOULD NOT be just a healing platform, for the ammount of time your likely to still have ammo for in any given situation you can self heal and still have some kits left after all your ammo is spent, if supports are there just for healing then we really arnt gunna help as much as having another fully loaded raider in the mix

yes we can still add in some cases up to 1000 extra damage to a raider but they are already doing 4k without us so we take off 25% of the time needed to take out 1 defence and doing that will spend 1/3 of the slected raiders (non boosted) ammo stock so 1 raider would still be out of ammo before the first defence dies and that’s if you get no defending players what so ever and that’s highly unlikely so the chances are that any raid no matter what you take in is gunna end with just the base drones being killed if you can even get that far

now throw into the mix that the defending team could have the same ammout of ships of the same types at the same lvl area as your attacking with, you have some pvp fun and destroy nothing cuz you cant get in and by the time you do you have no ammo, any way you cut it those stacking buffs made it possable to do some damage before the defending party got orgnized 5 mins after you invaded and now we have lost that window to do some damage so back to my point at the very start

THIS PATCH HAS KILLED RAIDS

Flag Post

Let’s examine this well thought out post, which calls me “stupid”:

“So much fail in this topic.”

— Excellent beginning, very cogent argument.

“Support, as name suggests, never should match raiders and tanks in solo play. End of story. Go look at supporting clasess in, I don’t know, any other game? DPS class is called that because they’re responsible for, brace yourselves, dealing damage. Support is not DPS, it is, wait for it, SUPPORT.”

— Where did I claim that supports should match raiders in solo play? Attack buffing a drone, which fires once every two seconds, is to be considered the same as attack buffing a raider, which fires SIX times in 2 seconds to you? Interesting concept. I did not know that 250×1 is the same as 250×6. Thank you for your math, please drive through.

“Gems give better bonus? Are you telling me that now gems and skill doesn’t stack? Or are you that stupid that you don’t realize that raider with gems and buff will deal even more damage? Dmg buff is lowered because most powerful raider weapons now include multiplied attack value in damage formula. If you fail at math THAT bad, then it’s your problem and I have same solution as for every other kid: stop playing games and go back to school. Learn some basic operators like addition and multiplication, then we’ll talk about game mechanics.”

— Very well put. Yes. The damage buff is better than buffing my drone. See above. Evidently your math was different than mine. My school taught me that 6 over period X is a greater DPS number than 1 over period X. Again, thank you – please drive through.

“Can’t buff your own drone? Read first paragraph about solo support.”

— Again, there is a massive difference between buffing something that shoots once every 2 seconds and something that fires 6 times in two seconds. And I believe that the inability to attack buff my drone is a bug. Do you even play this game? Last post I saw from you stated that you do not.

“Can’t predict if your teammate will die in 5 seconds when most weapons in game shoots with 0.3s delay? Seriously? Then take piece of paper, pencil and calculator and calculate average DPS for few most common weapon setups, then calculate amount of hp required to survive 5 seconds and when you see teammate below that amount just apply revive. Simple as that.”

— No real comment here. Revive is a waste of a slot to me, to be honest.

“Since the beginning of time, playing support class required brain. No much, but more than DPS or tank. That’s why support classes are least favourite pick in most games: because you’re supposed to be a team player, not badass who can solo everything. If you don’t understand that, then problem lies not with game, but with you.”

- Again, you are completely missing the point. The last several patches have nerfed supports and/or buffed raiders (through missiles). I have never said - and I challenge you to find it, Mr. Ad Hominem, that supports should equal or exceed raiders. I simply stated that I felt the additive qualities of the last few patches WHEN TAKEN AS A WHOLE have nerfed supports too much.

Again, thank you, please drive through. And since you’ve stated in at least one forum post that you do not really play this game “anymore,” please feel free to go comment on the mechanics of games you play and/or understand.

Flag Post

whats written above ought to be taken into account. its late here, and saying whats already been said is unnecessary. I will say thanks for nothing on this last patch though, thanks for practically making support class an even MORE unatractive option(like someone said, if ur going to screw things up that badly with it why bother even having it in the game?) and thanks for BS that went along with the latest update, including not being able to access all but our weakest reactors for a day + however much longer. Also, was there really a need to complicate the research interface? The game was better before this update. BTW, Generally I’m not into borderline venting on a post in re to a patch but in this case I guess i couldnt help myself.