[Remnants of Skystone] RoS Tournament [CONCLUDED]

117 posts

Flag Post

Welcome to the first Remnants of Skystone Tournament! This is a 2 person team competition based around co-oping. Although the tournament involves co-op, the team with the highest score will not necessarily be the team that wins. There will be restrictions and specific goals you will face for each round.

Tournament is hosted by KaiJai and plokkey.

When

TBD (the sooner you sign up, the sooner it will be)

Prizes

150 (75 per person) kreds to the winning team
50 (25 per person) kreds to second place
Note: No prizes will be awarded if there are less than a certain number of people (tbd) so invite your friends!

How to Join:

(anyone can join, but your kong account must be created before the date this tournament was posted)

You must post here (or let me know some way or another) in the following format if you would like to sign up as a team. Everything is mandatory except for your team name. You MUST pledge to stay in the tournament.

Team Sign Up:
Your Kong/RoS Name:
Your Partner’s Name:
Who (if any) in your team has an NG membership:
Team Name (optional!):
Pledge: I pledge to stay in the tournament until I am eliminated.

If you do not wish to sign up with a partner, you must use the following format. You will be put into queue and will be matched up with a partner or put in the tournament some other way. If you do not like the partner you were matched with, you cannot back out. Signing up as an individual does not guarantee that you will be in the tournament.

Solo Sign Up:
Your Name:
Do you have NG membership?: (Y/N)

Your partner must also confirm with me your team. If you partner does not confirm, your team will not be added and you may be put into queue.

Please sign up for your teams. Choose wisely, because you cannot switch partners. If your team does not respond in a certain amount of time, you may be disqualified (since co-op maps change once a week, you may be disqualified if you miss that week). You may partner up with whoever you want, but dual Nidarian Guard Teams must pass approval.

Questions/Comments/Problems/Suggestions/Sign-Ups post here.

Flag Post

You also need to be able to take screenshots.

http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Flag Post

Does anyone have NG membership anymore?

Flag Post
Originally posted by saneiac:

Does anyone have NG membership anymore?

Yes.

Flag Post

Maybe it would be possible to somehow let flip know about the whole reunion weekend, maybe he would throw some unique coop maps just for the occassion (although I realize this is rather unlikely xD).
Great initiative though, I will be signing up for sure!

Flag Post
Originally posted by zakid:

Maybe it would be possible to somehow let flip know about the whole reunion weekend, maybe he would throw some unique coop maps just for the occassion (although I realize this is rather unlikely xD).
Great initiative though, I will be signing up for sure!

Flip never responds to anything :(.

Flag Post

A big Thank You to Kongregate for supporting this with the Kreds!

Flag Post

Your Name: Igno
Do you have NG membership?: (Y/[N])

Flag Post

can i ask what is going to be the deal with NG? like, are NG players going to compete against non-NG players? i don’t know if I should get one just for the occassion or if it will not matter at all.

Flag Post

A few rounds will be determined by who gets a higher score, but there will also be challenges where we might ask you to get the LOWEST score (it is harder than you think), or get a certain whatever. So whether you have NG or not does not really affect the competition. We just don’t want certain NG players to team up with each other. I’m not sure if we want everyone to do the same challenge or just for certain match ups. Everything will be cleared up when we start.

So far 3 people (1 team and Igno) has signed up.

Flag Post
Originally posted by plokkey:

We just don’t want certain NG players to team up with each other.

Am I one of those certain players…?

Flag Post

Oops realized I didn’t really answer zak’s question. non-NGs will be competing against NGs. There is no limitation on who will be facing who.

@vrdn I dunno. :p

Flag Post

Actually, we originally didn’t want ANY dual-NG pairs, but if there’s the case where your only friend in the entire world of RoS is an NG, we don’t want to make you suffer because both of you decided to pay for the game, so we may approve you as an NG team.

Flag Post

Well, I’d like to sign up with teli, but I cannot tell you whether or not we’ll have NGs, because we’re undecided on that :f would that be a problem in our case?

Flag Post

Your Kong/RoS Name: Ilmapallo
Your Partner’s Name: Mystisyys
Who (if any) in your team has an NG membership: Nope

Flag Post
Originally posted by zakid:

Well, I’d like to sign up with teli, but I cannot tell you whether or not we’ll have NGs, because we’re undecided on that :f would that be a problem in our case?

Are you talking about whether you or teli want to join with NG? If that was the case I’m not sure why you’d spend 75 kreds to win 75 kreds. So far nobody has signed up with NG membership, I’m sure you and teli would be fine as you are.

And if a team were to get NG membership during the tournament…. I’m not sure but I’d probably just disqualify.

I probably didn’t answer your concerns again, so it’s all up to you.

So 2 teams and a solo have signed up, but I still need Myst to confirm with me (but knowing you two that shouldn’t be a prob)

Flag Post

can you at least provide some registration deadline, so we know by when we need to have stuff figured out?

Flag Post

I don’t know when to set a registration deadline because I have absolutely no idea how many people to expect. I’m hoping for at least 8 teams (16 people), so I might cut it off there. It just depends on how many people sign up.

Flag Post
I still need Myst to confirm with me

Confirmed.

Flag Post

I still need Myst to confirm with me

Edit: oops, double post.

Flag Post

Your Kong/RoS Name: Google567
Your Partner’s Name: saneiac
Team Name (optional!):

Flag Post
Originally posted by Google567:

Your Kong/RoS Name: Google567
Your Partner’s Name: saneiac
Team Name (optional!):

Please fill out the form completely. (but i know neither of you are NG, so that’s ok) Now waiting for confirmation from sane.

A total of 7 people have signed up.

Flag Post
Originally posted by plokkey:
Now waiting for confirmation from sane.

Confirmed

Flag Post

Your Kong/RoS Name: CantTouchThisKid/Retribution
Your Partner’s Name: Destinydude
Who (if any) in your team has an NG membership: N/A
Team Name (optional!): Wikes

Flag Post

lol wikes. Need DD to confirm with me.

We have 4 teams signed up. and lonely Igno. No NGs so far. :p