[Ederon Trading Card Game] Help us reach our goal!

35 posts

Flag Post

Help us reach 4.0 rating or higher on Kongregate so we can raise money to bring you all the new Conquest mode!
Conquest Mode is a very robust PVE aspect of the game that we have all been pitching for years but never had the time to make it… Until now.
In this mode the player will be allowed to explore the huge world of Ederon through several side-stories and daily/weekly challenges using their own deck creations for chances to get several in-game rewards including XP, gold and even cards.
Along with single player challenges, we will also add a brand new feature to the game play: Coop.
Imagine forming a party with 3 other players to try taking down iconic characters in the Ederon universe using tactical healing, agro control, managing card resource, cc or pure dps; or maybe teaming up with a friend to fight another team.. Or even a 5v5 match!

Here are some screenshots of the map, already 90% complete, of the entire world of Ederon:

Conquest Mode

Full Map

Making this dream come true however, just as making Ederon, will always be an extremely hard and time consuming task. Even though 100% of my time right now is dedicated to this game, we still need to put food on our tables. As you all mostly now by now, our company is only ran by 2 guys: Andre Luicci and myself. We do have the occasional help with several assets and parts of the game, but training someone to replace or even work with me on the code is extremely costly and time consuming. I’m not asking you to donate in any sort of kick starter, because the game is already here, you can however, help us by purchasing the occasional gold
But what I really wanna ask is to rate us 5 stars on the Kongregate version of the game so it can reach the hot new games and eventually even get badges.

So please, from your friendly neighborhood Mistermind, help us reach our goal!
As long as you keep feeding me I’ll never stop making updates!

Flag Post

I realize it will help tremendously to get over a 4 rating, but on the chance that it doesn’t, can we still expect this feature in the future? Co-op sounds amazing, and I shall wait for it with bated breath.

Flag Post

Definately Bird_man. I’m already working on the conquest mode as we speak :)

Flag Post

5 starred. You have my full support. I appreciate your passion and respect your dedication. I almost wound up a game developer myself so I feel for you.

Flag Post

I gave you 5 star. Your plan is great. However, what I like most in this game is that I have to focus on PvP (PvP is a lot fun than PvE) so I hope next update will not change this. Plz make PvE reward small or make PvP reward better xD

Flag Post

@nazetheeternal thank you :)
@Pherer I agree. I still like the core of the game heavily focused on PVP. I just want to offer something more for those looking for different challenges and game modes within the same universe :)

Flag Post

Yes, I would like to see some thing new, especially team fight xD.
and PvE would make this game have more new player becuz I think Kong people like PvE and they can make money without fighting with high level player at level 1 lol.
It would make some depressed if u level 1 fighting with level 40+ player and lost many time in a row (that why some people give up and leave the game :P)

Flag Post

PvE Is definitely important in any game. Just look at Guild Wars ~ they realized that with GW2 and made the PvE section massive, while still having an impressive PvP section.

I myself am a PvE player primarily, so I do hope that if this gets implemented, that PvE wont offer “diminished” rewards over PvP.

Anywho, I havent yet played the game but it looks impressive. Ill get around to it over the weekend and let you know what I think thus far :3

Flag Post

Lots of people are getting bored at MMORPGs with only PvP, so why not? I atleast like PvE more than PvP

Flag Post

Hopefully you guys can get someone to do a better translation for the story text. The campaign cutscenes make almost no sense.

The idea is great though, I voted.

Flag Post

Yesterday: 3,92
Today: 3,93.
With this pace, 1 more week for 4 stars!
Edit: 3,95!

Flag Post

its 4 already

Flag Post

3.96 which rounded up to 4.0 :D
Thank you all folks! A preview is on its way already ;)

Flag Post

I mean really, your CCG is amazing. Far ahead that many others online CCG. It is different than the traditional ressources+creatures/spell and yet very interesting. For free player it is playable, honestly. Some CCG’s you’ve got to play like a month, or 10 hours a day for a whole week to get a single booster.

The balance so far seems fair, and it doesn’t fall in the counter card, prevent counter card trap. Like elements was. You didn’t want to play creatures because there is powerfull ways to get rid of them, unless you protect them, you don’t want to play artifact because there is also way to destroy them easily, unless you protect them. Then it gets to a point where you know the guy you’ll face will protect his stuff and stop playing control cards, and so on. Ederon don’t have this very frustrating flaw.

All I wanted to say is in fact, congratulation for the 4 stars, you truly diserve it!
(note that if I had my financial independance from my father, I’d already have thrown something like 20 euros, just because you did a really good work, with I presume a deep comprehension of what makes a great CCG)

Flag Post

Thanks for the feedback Tayocaillou! Although I like to point out that Ederon is a TCG :)

DD

Flag Post

I quite like the game, and am quite invested in it, and the conquest mode really hits what the game is missing, and fills it in well.

Yet, I can’t honestly rate the game high until the numerous bugs* are fixed, and the user interface is tweaked to be more clear and accessible** [especially on when you’re discarding cards- honestly, drag and drop should be the only way to discard, not double-clicking].

Hopefully that’s on the agenda..

Either way, thanks for the fun game. :)

*Examples: Missing awards for (completed) achievements, missing e-mail confirmations, graphic jitters, lag locks, worst of all, telling you that you’re waiting on your opponent, and then timing you out for a loss…
Quite a menagerie..

**Also including: Completed “Block Person” functionality and (/w, /t) private messaging, users in chat sidebar auto-sorted alphabetically and with list jittering control, etc. But most importantly, clarification of actions.

Edit: Awesome response, thanks!

Flag Post

Whatever you do, DO NOT let Kongregate add badges. Thousands of kids that think they’re “badge hunters” will swarm the game, complain that an MMO has badges, complain that you have the option to spend money, and complain because they lost, and they will rate the game 1/5.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NK12:

Whatever you do, DO NOT let Kongregate add badges. Thousands of kids that think they’re “badge hunters” will swarm the game, complain that an MMO has badges, complain that you have the option to spend money, and complain because they lost, and they will rate the game 1/5.

Shoo!

Flag Post
Originally posted by NK12:

True. That’s annoying. Epecially with bad grammar and in a game with low money-usage.

Flag Post

OMG Pls add badges. This game is so good but would be better with badges. 1/5 until add badges.

Flag Post

Orac….. you realize that by voting 1 that you just made it harder for us to add badges, right?

Flag Post
Originally posted by 0rac343:

OMG Pls add badges. This game is so good but would be better with badges. 1/5 until add badges.

You know badges are added by Kongregate and for Highly rated games?

Flag Post
Originally posted by 92Garfield:
Originally posted by 0rac343:

You know badges are added by Kongregate and for Highly rated games?

This. The admins that badge games have some general requirement for a game’s rating and gameplays at the time of badging. I wouldn’t be surprised if this gets badges, but then, I’m not on the team that badges games. If there were badges, though, I’d certainly like to see something like these personally:

Note: These are just my ideas, as a player, as to what I’d like to see.

Easy (5 points): Broken Trust Badge
Finish the first Campaign chapter.

Medium (15 points): The Chosen One Badge
Reach level 10.
(Insert flavor text from Kung Pow here.)

Hard (30 points): ???
I honestly can’t think of a good one really. Having the Conquest Mode available would probably make this easier — I would prefer badges that don’t require direct player interaction (though sometimes it’s unavoidable), but still serve as a guide to progressing in the game.

Also the average rating is 3.98784 as of this post. Yes, that is accurate.

Flag Post

I just had to facepalm at Oracs post. I mean, this game will get badges if high rating. Game developer just doesn’t add badges, Greg does.

Flag Post

I got some ideas :D

Easy (5 points): Broken Trust Badge
Finish the first Campaign chapter
Medium (15 points): You may call me Betty
Reach level 15.
Medium (15 points): The Immortal
Beat Halberdier
Hard (30 points): The Champion
Win first place in any tournament