[Galaxy Life] Suggestions/Ideas Thread

17 posts

Flag Post

I thought it might be worthwhile to start a suggestion thread. Hopefully DC will sticky such a thread in the future, but for the time being I hope this will do.

I’ll be adding suggestions from anyone that posts on this thread to my next two posts, unless there is good reason not to do so (such as it has already been implemented).

DC does have a suggestion thread through their website, for anyone interested
Suggestion Thread:
https://getsatisfaction.com/digitalchocolate/products/galaxylife_galaxy_life?sort=most_me_toos&style=idea

Galaxy Life Forum Page:
http://forums.digitalchocolate.com/forumdisplay.php?136-Galaxy-Life

Flag Post

Alliance Suggestions

1. While in a war, no players may leave, be booted from, or enter either warring alliance.1
  2. Members of the same alliance may not attack each other (while at war).
  3. The protection afforded players while online and “guarding their base” should be limited.
  4. Alliance search should include sortable columns for win percentage, number of wins, and number of members.
  5. Alliances will be automatically removed/disbanded if they fail to score a single war point in 5 or 10 wars.
  6. Suggested fixes for the differences in the number of alliance members in two warring alliances:
    • Alliances with large differences in players should not be able to war with each other.
      • 1-3 member alliances may war with one another, 4-9 member alliances may war with one another, and 10+ member alliance may war with one another.
    • Alliances may only war with each other if they are within a “reasonable” margin of war points.
    • Any alliance may war with another. However, if an initiating alliance (party Y) has LESS war points than the defending alliance (party Z), party Y will be given a warning screen.2
      “Warning: if you declare war on Party Z, Party Z will start the war with ____ war points.3 Do you wish to continue?”

1: Players that choose to leave an alliance during a war will be automatically removed at the end of the current war.
2: An initiating party will not incur this penalty if they have MORE or an EQUAL number of war points.
3: The formula can be a simple 1 war point handicap for every 2 war points in difference.

Flag Post

Item-Related Suggestions

1. The “trading” system should be refined. As it is, it is a “gifting” system. A direct trading system would ensure that both parties get what they are supposed to get.
  2. Increase the number of items that can be traded.
    1. Hammer-
    2. Helmets
    3. Fission device
    4. Everything
  3. Allow for items to be sold for coins, appropriate to the rarity of the item being sold.

Battle-Related Suggestions

1. Add additional battle replays beyond the most recent attack.
  2. Add purchasable and temporary upgrades that increase unit statistics. Such as damage, health, and movement speed.
  3. During any given attack, allow players to attack using units from every colony.
  4. Add the number of the colony that was attacked to the battle log when you are attacked.

Other Suggestions

1. Allow players to send messages to one another in-game.
  2. Make the upgrading of walls easier, rather than having to individually click each block.
  3. Make level-up rewards more appropriate for the level attained.
  4. A visual update to level 7 units when they are in warp gates and active combat (deployed to attack or released from bunkers). Such that they more accurately depict their level 7 image found in the laboratory.
  5. When units are removed from bunkers, make it so that:
    • the units return to the players warp gates OR
    • the user is compensated the units’ value in coins for them having gone AWOL.
  6. Apply unit upgrades to all current and future colonies. (laboratory on main planet only)
  7. Allow spy capsules to be toggled off to avoid unintended usage.
  8. Add a “bank all” option to collect resources and minerals from a given colony.
  9. Add a queue for building upgrades, such that when a construction finishes the next queue build will begin.

Flag Post

placeholder for myself, just because I am awesome :P.

First suggestion: the option to trade certain items? Like a hammer or a fision device?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Wave_Rida:

placeholder for myself, just because I am awesome :P.

First suggestion: the option to trade certain items? Like a hammer or a fision device?

Thanks Wave, adding it to the list. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Flag Post

I might as well list the frequently suggested items before this thread becomes cluttered with repeats:
1. In-Game Messaging System
2. Easier way to upgrade large amounts of walls
3. More battle replays than just the most recent one
4. More valuable level-up rewards

Now my own idea: Selling Items, an alternative to trading them.
I don’t know about you, but I have about 30 of each non-crystal part for the crystal fluid collecting dust in storage. They could be worth something if you could redeem them for a small, level and rarity-appropriate coin/mineral profit. It wouldn’t be enough to devalue anything, but we will get at least some benefit out of useless items.

Flag Post
Originally posted by woohoo92:

I might as well list the frequently suggested items before this thread becomes cluttered with repeats:
1. In-Game Messaging System
2. Easier way to upgrade large amounts of walls
3. More battle replays than just the most recent one
4. More valuable level-up rewards

Now my own idea: Selling Items, an alternative to trading them.
I don’t know about you, but I have about 30 of each non-crystal part for the crystal fluid collecting dust in storage. They could be worth something if you could redeem them for a small, level and rarity-appropriate coin/mineral profit. It wouldn’t be enough to devalue anything, but we will get at least some benefit out of useless items.

Is #1 an in-game chat and/or letting us know of planned updates and/or events or something else? Actual messages that you can send to other players, got it.

Think I got everything else and will update the list in a bit.

Thanks Woohoo.

Flag Post

A visual upgrade for units at max level , when in battle or on warp gates to match the skins given to them in the upgrade screen would be great.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dachende:

A visual upgrade for units at max level , when in battle or on warp gates to match the skins given to them in the upgrade screen would be great.

Thank you dachende,

I’ve added your suggestion to the list above. (for the record, that was bothering me too)

Flag Post

the juicer concept?
Lets say I currently want to stuff my bunkers with collosus, but they are full of falcons, it would be great if I could just retrieve the monsters out of the bunker instead of having to “cancle” them. But if a user still wanted to cancle them, a grinder/recycler/ juicer would be a nice idea? With an optional upgrade to retrieve a percentage of the gold invested.

Flag Post

Hmm, we aren’t actively killing the units here, since the soldiers were hired.

How about a Starling Resources building instead?

Keeping with the theme, we could also, for an appropriate amount of coins, purchase temporary boosts for the units, for example, +10% in attack power for one hour. Think of it as a bribe to work harder.

Flag Post

someone attacked me. ok. i want to see the attack video.( to see where i need to fix my defence)

Flag Post
  1. Share unit upgrades between colonies.
  2. Use units of all colonies in an attack.
  3. Spy capsules selectable (for error using when you only want to drag)
  4. Bank all resources from compact house and mines.
  5. Queue for builds

Flag Post
Originally posted by dalacul:

someone attacked me. ok. i want to see the attack video.( to see where i need to fix my defence)

That is already possible, regarding the last attacker.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by dalacul:

Hi dalacul,

Thanks for the suggestion, you are not alone in wanting additional replays to be made available. As you will see in the 3rd post under “other suggestions” first post under “battle-related suggestions” this has already been added. If you have any other suggestions though they would be much appreciated.

Originally posted by jotapdiez:

1. Share unit upgrades between colonies.
  2. Use units of all colonies in an attack.
  3. Spy capsules selectable (for error using when you only want to drag)
  4. Bank all resources from compact house and mines.
  5. Queue for builds

Hi Jotapdiez,

While I’m not sold on #2, I can see your point. I like the other ideas quite a bit and will add them and #2 to the appropriate lists in a moment.

Thanks and don’t hesitate to list any other ideas you may have.

Flag Post

I just noticed, that I can see who attacked me, and from where, but I cannot see what the attacker attacked.

therefore:

• It would be great if we could see what the attacked attacked, regarding the attack log.