[Dungeon Overlord] Suggestions Thread (April/May) (locked)

29 posts

Flag Post

Having the thread available for a couple months seems to work pretty well. So, we’ll stick with that. Suggest away!

Flag Post

I haven’t done too much inactive farming, but is there any way that all mining nodes could be set to ‘on’.
In addition, some clearing of inactives would improve the dungeon prospects – maybe APC dungeons (i.e. those with good resources) could automatically eject inactive players.
I can see these updates being complicated, but even in the small area I’ve surveyed, many of the good dungeons are held by inactives.

Flag Post

Both of your suggestions have been suggested, and at least briefly discussed. We’re hoping the Lord of the Underworld update makes Conquering more achievable, so players can more easily take those Dungeons. All Inactive Dungeons will be Advanced Player-Combat enabled, even if they weren’t before the player went Inactive. If the player comes back, and their Dungeon hasn’t been Conquered, then it will revert to Non-Advanced Player-Combat enabled, if it was before they went Inactive.

The biggest problem with turning Nodes on, is that the player themselves may not have been able to Mine it. So, if they were active, the Node wouldn’t be able to be activated. Turning them on, based on the owner’s Technologies could be an option, however, I think the team is interested to see how the changes for the Lord of the Underworld update affect this.

There’s also been talk of removing some Inactives, based on certain criteria. I don’t have a lot of information on that at this time, but if things start to develop with that, I will pass on the details.

Flag Post

How about removing the 12k max RP/hour for a dungeon. Having 4 dedicated library at 12k each sounds about right and having more would be not wise since we need dungeon for crafting/raiding/mining

So can you explain me, that if i collect every piece of RP i can each day (12k * 4 * 24 = 1.152M RP) i would be able to get all the tech there without having all my hairs gray/white.

Just for fun i did sum all the RP i need to master everything and check this out:

FL:CM (all) = 662M RP
FL:DM (IV++) = 648M RP
FL:AM (All) = 663.2M RP
FL:OM (all) = 662.8M RP

Total = 2636M RP

With 4x Lib at 12k = 2636 / 1.152 = 2288.1944 days = 6.269 years….really ?

Before anyone comment as Micheal would (Nonesense usually) here is some more stats to play with:

15xLibrary at 12k/hour = 4.320M RP/Hour so 2636 / 4.32 = 610days so near 2 years… That would mean i just pickup 3-4 times a day and thats it. Hope this isnt how the game was designed or “Working as intended”

Flag Post

I think they’ve said previously they never intended us to complete ALL the technologies.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gmdclark:

I think they’ve said previously they never intended us to complete ALL the technologies.

Then thats a massive fail. Considering that this game costs real money to play in the form of micro transactions then there should never be something specifically designe to be unobtainable. If pursuing a certain tree caused another tree to be locked out, ok fine thats a valid gameplay mechanic. Having research reqs require literally years to reach… Is not a valid mechanic. Its poor design.

P.S. To NoG… Do not take this as a suggestion that tech trees should lock other trees out. Its a valid mechanism IF and ONLY IF it was implemented at the very beginning of this games life. Its NOT a valid mech now!!!

Flag Post

Overlords shouldn’t just rely on a single Dungeon used only as a Library to min/max Research output. Specialization is important, but there still needs to be strategy. As far believing you should be able to easily work down every tree, this was never the intention. It goes back to strategy and decisions, in reality you can’t learn all, about everything. It’s the same for your Technologies, which of the paths is most beneficial?

With a standard talent tree set up, you cannot learn every move available to your class, not easily anyway. It’s the same thing with learning Technologies in Dungeon Overlord.

Flag Post

Although I agree with Pellets about in the world, we can’t learn everything, but this isn’t the real world, it is virtual. A game, such as this, that has paying players (some paying quite a bit) should not have a lot of limits. Research is a factor that should not have a limit ever. If a person is willing to use a dungeon slot to maximize his research, why should we stop him? To me (but I am a newer player), making bookcases and leveling my 8 warlocks cost a hefty amount of my daily resources. If this game is truly about specialization, why not allow 1 dungeon to burn his resources and produce research while using the others to maximize resources? Having to use over 4 dungeon slots and still take forever to get each technology is insane. I would like either an increased cap or a decreased research amount for the techs.. I would also like to add that a second factor in the survey log would be nice (like being able to search for dungeons with 2 specific resources instead of just 1) because usually you aren’t just looking for 1! :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by NightOwl_Pellets:

Overlords shouldn’t just rely on a single Dungeon used only as a Library to min/max Research output. Specialization is important, but there still needs to be strategy. As far believing you should be able to easily work down every tree, this was never the intention. It goes back to strategy and decisions, in reality you can’t learn all, about everything. It’s the same for your Technologies, which of the paths is most beneficial?

With a standard talent tree set up, you cannot learn every move available to your class, not easily anyway. It’s the same thing with learning Technologies in Dungeon Overlord.

Ahhhh, now i see how Micheal found a job at NOG that explain everthing.

Flag Post

Drat, I’d replied to this earlier, but when I submitted, I was told Kongregate was under maintenance, and it didn’t go through.

So, to summarize. I will pass on the suggestions about Researching. The team has discussed it in the past, but no major changes have been made since changing that Warlock level would affect Research acquisition, with the release of Infernal Abyss. The team is always open to further discussions, however.

As far as the Survey suggestion, that along with sorting by Hearts and including Mountain Bonuses, will hopefully be something the team can look into doing, to enhance the Survey tab.

Flag Post

Can we get a way to have our total tile count listed someplace for each dungeon? I have Dungeons with just DM tile packs purchased and I have other dungeons that have Stone Binding and GSB applied. Would love to be able to know which one has which without actually having to manually count tiles. Makes a big deal when trying to move dungeon locations around and your not sure which is which.

Flag Post

In the Overworld Events tab when you select a PvP raid, it would be exceptionally nice if it would display which room you were raiding in the summary (even if you had to repurpose the “Alliance” field, which in general isn’t that useful of information compared to the inability to tell which raids are targeting which rooms).

Flag Post

Nummesis, sounds like something we may be able to add to the Overlord’s Ledger. I’ll pass the request on to the team.

gmdclark, I think this is something the team has talked about doing. I’ll put a bug in their ear, and see if it’s something they are still planning to work on.

Thanks!

Flag Post

Double the research cap per dungeon.

Thanks

Flag Post

How about adding a new feature where goblins can be sent to other dungeons to retrieve items instead of having that same dungeon send out its own?

Flag Post

Shark, so 24,000 per hour, per Dungeon. Is this based on having a bunch of Dungeons maxed on Research, or rather a way to further specialize Dungeons? Do you have a high Level Library in each Dungeon maxed out, or would you like to see a way to have a couple high-production Dungeon, without having to take up space in every location?

Brainpicker, are you talking about specifically sending Goblins to another Dungeon, or return shipments? Both have been suggested, and I’ll bring them up to the team again.

Flag Post

Well I was talking about specifically sending … some dungeons specialized in mining like to keep them mining around the clock….going out for 1hr to empty storages to a crafting dungeon is precious resources lost.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NightOwl_Pellets:

Shark, so 24,000 per hour, per Dungeon. Is this based on having a bunch of Dungeons maxed on Research, or rather a way to further specialize Dungeons? Do you have a high Level Library in each Dungeon maxed out, or would you like to see a way to have a couple high-production Dungeon, without having to take up space in every location?

Brainpicker, are you talking about specifically sending Goblins to another Dungeon, or return shipments? Both have been suggested, and I’ll bring them up to the team again.

I currently have 6 of my 15 dungeons, all maxxed at 12k/hour research and capped, so yes im making 72k per hour. One of them even has a portal 5, arena 5, and other stuff. its too easy to cap 12k.

Its too easy to hit the 12k cap, the 12k cap per dungeon is way too low. I was suggesting to double it to 24k. Im sure if you guys did that you would sell more research boosts too.

Flag Post

I’d love an option to set down graphic quality. My computer is pretty slow, if i could set the graphics on a lower quality, my game would run smoother.

Flag Post

There has been some requests for a feature of this nature. With low end computers, the game automatically renders in a lower capacity way, forgoing some of the added graphic layers. However, some players have found a way to enable this setting manually, as a work around, for their computers who don’t qualify for the game to render in manner automatically. To be honest, I’m not sure how they adjust that setting in Flash, but Support may have some details, if you’re interested in a possible temporary solution. http://support.nightowlgames.net

I will pass this on to the team, and see if they have more ideas of how they can make the game run smoother. With many of the features, just eliminating elements wouldn’t affect how the game runs, since, with Flash games, you download all of the assets, rather than render them live. However, they may have additional solutions that can help with your request.

Flag Post

How about the grand total cost of the market. For example: a piece of leather is 14 gold coins, i buy 200, it should say how much gold is being deducted from our funds. Because what if i wanted to buy 1543 pieces of leather of some odd reason, i shouldn’t use my noodle. (please correct me if i am wrong)

Flag Post

That would definitely be helpful! I’ll see if the team thinks they can add in that feature, maybe in some of the blank space on the panel. Thanks for the suggestion!

Flag Post

I kinda like the whole thing about medals and the way they are awarded. But i find it rather confusing to look through them.

Perhaps it would be better to enable some ways of sorting them. For example you could search by: newest, best/highest, category (for example, trading), weekly, monthly.
This way, i could just sort by categories to see in which areas i am doing better/worse, without having to scroll up and down looking for the right pictures.

Also, i think it would be cool to have the monthly medals come with rewards in form of Dungeon Marks, to encourage competition.
To avoid imbalancing this too much (considering some players end up high in nearly all categories), people could be limited to getting rewards in only 1, 2 or 3 categories.
The rewards i could imagine being something like (in a 3 category scenario (with less categories giving rewards i’d say the rewards should be somewhat higher)):
1. 5 DM
2-3 3 DM
4-6 2 DM
7-10 1 DM

Another thing i’d like to suggest, is having the option to see all categories giving medals. For example, i have gotten medals for Elven combat (or whatever the name is), player combat and others which are not listed on the leaderboards. Possibly, i could also see some categories disapear. Here i think mainly on the combat ones. Personally, i see no reason to have more than 3 categories in this area. Elven combat, attacker & defender.

I’m looking forward to an response, and if anything like this have been suggested before, i’m sorry i haven’t seen it.

Flag Post

I like the ideas about sorting, though I doubt they’ll be implemented. As for DM rewards, while even less likely to occur, I’d restrict it to one reward per a given rank. In other words, you’d only get a reward the first time you get #x on the leaderboard for a certain category, rather than every week/month you stay at that rank.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mebdach:

I like the ideas about sorting, though I doubt they’ll be implemented. As for DM rewards, while even less likely to occur, I’d restrict it to one reward per a given rank. In other words, you’d only get a reward the first time you get #x on the leaderboard for a certain category, rather than every week/month you stay at that rank.

Well, i can always hope, right? ;)

I like your idea about giving rewards only once per category and then never again for that category, but i got a few questions regarding just that.

Say, if i were to be placed 7 on the attacker leaderboard in the first month, then i get 3. place in second month and 1. place in the third month. Would i then get rewards for all 3 months, since i am improving my score, or would i just get for the first month? What happens if i got those places in the opposite order (1st. month rank 1, 2nd. month rank 3 and so on).

A possible fix for that, would be that the rewards for any place in the top 10 would be the same, but that makes competition for 1. place a bit meaningless.

Should the rewards even be for top 10? Or should it be limited to top 5 or top 3 perhaps?