[Kingdoms CCG] CCG's

28 posts

Flag Post

I am looking for a good online CCG and so far have not quite came up with anything that is just right.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Ones I have tried so far:

-Kingdom Hearts (obviously) : decent accessibility and good art-style, but is let down by poor player to player matches (at least for beginners). Gameplay is somewhat simplistic.

-Tyrant CCG: mindless trash – that, for some reason, I’ve actually spent money on

-Shadow Era: I dislike the lack of retaliation damage between creatures, which gives the attacker a large advantage (making comebacks more difficult), still I do not regret spending a little cash on the game and will probably come back to it once the expansion finally gets released.

Ederon: The game I am playing at the moment; has a mostly ethical business model (f2p people are able to be competitive and squire cards at a reasonable rate) – but it still lacks the depth of a full traditional CCG like magic. Still it is by far the best that I have seen so far.

So anyone have a suggestion for a PC-centric game I can try out?

Thank you
-Naram

Flag Post

You ederon folk are really pushing this spam marketing approach.

Please keep it to your own games thank you.

Flag Post

I don’t think naram was advertising for other games like Ederon. Probably just someone who just wants advice to what game to play.

Personally, I played a bit of Tryant, Kingdoms CCG, and Ederon.

Tryant
Pros: Good guild system, a lot of cards for F2P, excellent single player campaign, 2 years and still running, decent tournament system, very fast paced game, very good card pool.
Cons: Too much randomness, developers don’t answer questions as much, card balance is kind of okay but lots of will be useless later on.

Kingdoms CCG
Pros: Good guild system, pretty good tournament system, excellent single player campaign, good amount of cards for F2P (but not as much as Tyrant), not much randomness as Tyrant but not as much control as Ederon (hero skills and a few cards are random). okay card pool.
Cons: Card balance is kind of okay.

Ederon
Pros: Best degree of control (in other words, least amount of randomness), awesome trading system (the first one in Kongregate), one of the best soundtracks (it won an award!), developer is extremely active, 7 year game and still running, best card balance (in my own biased opinion), okay card pool.
Cons: low amount of cards for F2P, highly PvP focused game with cash shop (If you are F2P and never buy new cards, you will lose a lot), not much single player content (though it is expected to add more in the form of conquest mode in the future).

Finally, If you want to just play F2P only, I would stick with either Tyrant or Kingdoms CCG because they give you a lot of cards just for playing a lot. F2P in Ederon is really really hard to win when opponents all have way more cards than you. If you are extremely competitive, don’t mind to pay a bit ($10-$20 per month), Ederon is probably for you because it focuses on PvP more than Tryant or Kingdoms CCG.

F2P only = Kingdoms CCG or Tyrant
Pay $10-$20/month + PvP heavy = Ederon

As for Kingdom Hearts or Shadow Era, I don’t know about them.

Flag Post

I don’t think naram was advertising for other games like Ederon. Probably just someone who just wants advice to what game to play.

I agree with FlowyS.

JeffoANTIC’s reaction tells us more about the devs of this game than of Ederon’s…

Flag Post

Hmm not so sure. I’ve seen a lot of what looks like a bot popping into the chat with the same message over and over about playing Ederon. Get’s a little silly.

Flag Post

To Jeffo… Odd, I’ve been called many things, never a bot before.

I think maybe you should try actually discussing the topic as opposed to attacking other people. Something about if you do not have anything worthwhile to say, do not say anything at all.

To Flowys:

thank you for the feedback, it’s sort of what I was looking for – another perspective on these games. By “kingdom Hearts” I meant kingdoms CCG – my bad. I’ve played pretty consistently for about 2 months, until coming to a realization that I am still mainly playing vs. the environment – grinding without much purpose or strategy.

As far as tyrant, same deal – it was the game I played before kingdoms and it was a step down in pretty much every aspect even from that.

Ederon: Oddly, I am not a big fan of the music and disabled it almost immediately. Your other points are legitimate – it is pretty difficult to beat people who have spent a bunch of money on the game – and very rares make it even more aggravating. I’ve once lost to an assassin deck by like turn 5 in a tournament. There are a good number of fellow newbs to pounce on however – though I wish there were more no-rare tourneys.

I’ve also found a CCG in development called “scrolls” by the people who made minecraft, but their website does not look like it has been updated in weeks – anyone know what the deal with that project is?

Finally there is some sort of Might/Magic themed card game, but I am not in a hurry to try it out since it’s ubisoft and anything by them is likely to be a shameless money grab. Still I guess I may be pleasantly surprised.

Any other CCG’s on the horizon that I missed?

Flag Post

How come you guys forgot about Elements which is #1 on kongregate for CCG’s?

Flag Post

played tyrant its a good game there are always updates and a ton of cards
synaption has great Devs am playing ther other non ccg game right now skyshard heroes syn expressed wanting to create a ccg based on that game would be interesting

as for Kingdoms i played it ever since it came on kong i do believe its one of the best ccgs on kong and it has alot more to show us in the future with constant updates and a great ever hard working Dev Team

over the year ive been playing ive seen this game go from strength to strength
the card art is masterfully done and above all the game mechanics are great

Flag Post

Try out Hidden Dimensions and Spectromancer as well. Both are relatively well balanced, and Spectromancer has an excellent AI, that is challenging without being given large advantages.

Flag Post

If you want to find out new card games to play, please, do it in the forums, where these kinds of questions is appreciate by the public, not placed randomly into the forums of a different card game, where people expect and want to hear things about the game that is in the forums. I back Jeffo on this one.

Flag Post

In case this was unclear, I meant the general forums of Kongregate.

Flag Post

Give Kings And Legends a try, definitely something abit different, kind of like Wartune / HotR but with full battlefield control rather than placement then auto-battle.

Flag Post

Worth mentioning Clash of the Dragons, which has a novel and interesting design. Ultimately not worth sinking a ton of time or money in to I think (speaking as someone who did both), but worth taking a look at.

Flag Post

My experiece of CCG’s i’ve played.

Tyrant; nice cards and good battle design, let down by too much randomness, far too many cards with an ability that has a 50-50 chance of working like ‘evade.’ Difficult to get hold of the best cards. Has become over-bloated, probably because people keep paying for it so they keep adding more. Missions are very time-consuming and not very rewarding. PvP is tough unless you have a super-deck, there’s no restrictions to limit a decks strength.

Elements; ugly graphics and battle set-up that allows too much creature spamming, has some completely ridiculous cards that spoil the game. Not a lot of skill to it, just depends what order your cards are dealt in and what style of deck the opponent has compared to yours. Simple to play, dont need to spend much money. Quite bug-prone.

Kongai; Essentially a game of luck and guesswork. Impossible to create a consistent winning strategy. Long as you learn all the 70 odd cards, there’s not a lot more to it. Disappointing battle set-up, one on one pokemon style combat isn’t interesting to me. The cards look cool but they’re all pretty evenly matched, which isn’t very satisfying when you win one. No missions or tournaments, its all single PvP games against a random opponent.

XD Xyth, Fun at first, but contains repetitive missions that award the same cards repeatedly. Similar battle rules to elements but without the spamming. Battles have more skill to them than elements but there’s not a lot of different winning decks you can build. Cards have strange names that are hard to remember, which is a bad thing. never tried PvP. It’s all free, no money needed to acquire cards. Cards aren’t too difficult to acquire. Has an upgrade system, but upgrading to the highest tier barely makes cards 10% stronger. Would be better if they improved this. Very poorly designed interface.

I’m not advertising nothing.

Flag Post

Me, i just started to play CCGs after I began to be addicted to Yu-gi-oh XDD…..oh and tyrant was a nice game, I only hate the fact that they keep adding new abilities to cards that is why some cards became Over and Underpowered.

Flag Post

i really love CCGs too. especially yu-gi-oh

Flag Post

Some interesting ideas, will check yu-gi-oh and Elements. Here is an upate on some of the CCG’s I’ve been playing lately.

Ederon: Played it a lot over the past few months, sort of burned out on it lately. Will probably come back once they release a new expansion. Still think it’s an excellent game, with the best value for the money – I’ve collected pretty much a full (non VRare) playset and only put $20 into the game.

Scrolls: nice game, not pay-to-win at all. Matches can take a while however and new cards are being released too slowly to keep my interest long-term. The upcoming limited format may be a good addition.

Infinity Wars: pretty much the only CCG that I log in consistently these days. A good level of strategic depth, along with a fair reward system (all cards but 1 can be bought for in-game currency, AFIK). Still, the meta seems to be dominated by mass board clear and rush, making combo decks/ control (my favorite archetypes) tough to pull off.

Hopefully this has been of some use
-Naram

Flag Post

Been searching for CCGs on the net for a while. This is a list of ones I found that are decent and havent been mentioned yet.

Faerie – hex based card game, lots of strategy involved, currently in beta
Hex – made by the WoW cg devs, I’m sure you’ve all heard about this, going to beta(?) on october 8th
Hearthforge – Blizzard CCG based on Warcraft world
Card Hunter – turn based strategy game, cards are attached to equipment. Lots of fun
solforge – haven’t played it so can’t say much about it
ascension – same for this
Passage tcg – ditto ^
tridek – still in development, looks interesting
wwii tcg – still in development, they’re making an iOS version first. Lane based combat.

Flag Post

-I highly recommend to avoid tyrant . its kinda a pay to play game, with broken balance (since Opollon was introduced). and a ridiculous amount of randomness.
-If u desire a game with a high amount of tactics and skill u can go for elements. (it will not provide u with a lot of variety though , offers mediocore graphics and contains a lot of grind but if u are only interested in gameplay no other ccg on kongregate can keep up it )
-For overall high quality ccgs i would advice u to search beyond kongregates borders:
-Duel of champions has a strong pvp oriented gameplay (if u go for this one search all gift codes beforehand u will get like 15+ boosters out of them)
-shadow era is also worth it (it provides u with an open market for most of the cards, so that u can really focus on spending moneyz for the ones u need
-hex seems like the most promising ccg at the moment but it still has to pass alpha testing

Flag Post

BloodRealm is pretty nice. It is worth trying if only so see what it does differently from Kingdoms- (IMHO they got a better handle on how they can add variety to Elemental kingdom-like rish decks that Kingdoms could adopt too, for example).

Flag Post

Hello guys, I’m a CCG fan with more that 20 years of experience :) Let me share my opinion too!

Tyrant – Awesome game. Really awesome. You don’t have to spend money if you don’t want to: the game gives you a LOT of rewards for everything. Activity, level, missions – you can get a decent deck for free. You don’t have to spend a lot of time if you don’t want to: there is an automatic mode that is quite decent. As for the randomness, guys – the game would be dull without it! Most games have random in card shuffling, Tyrant too, but there are only 10 cards in the deck, so additional randomness is needed.
Kingdoms – Really good game, but only for the serious players. You aren’t going to get a decent deck without money, and you need several HOURS for any tournament. Not for the casuals for sure. Note that some cards are very expensive, so prepare to spend a lot if you want to be a top player.
Ederon – The interface is so awful that I didn’t manage to play at all.
Elements – Good game. Unfortunately, it requires too much time to get the cards.
Duel of the Champions – A game for the real pros :) One of my favorites. Requires a lot of money and time, but the game is deep and very very interesting.
Hearthstone – A good game with great interface as you should expect from Blizzard, but too simple for my taste.
Spectromancer – It was developed by my friend Alexey Stankevich. Great game, requires almost no money besides the registration fee. Get it! :)
Kings and Legends – This is a game all other developers should learn. The battle rules are simple and you can play a game in 2 minutes, but there is a lot to think about. It has everything, including guilds, raids and multiplayer games. It’s available for players with any wallet and any amount of free time, and the rich players with a lot of time get the most, of course. Beware, it’s highly addictive!
Hex – I’m waiting for it, and even donated for it :) The wait is too long… I will be similar to MTGO, but more interesting. There will be raids, guilds and crafting too.

Flag Post

Hello guys, I’m a CCG fan with more that 20 years of experience :) Let me share my opinion too!

The oldest trading card game, Magic the Gathering, is BARELY 20 years old >_>

Flag Post

The oldest trading card game, Magic the Gathering, is BARELY 20 years old
Hmmm…. You’re right, it appeared in 1993. I’ve started playing in 1995, so I have “only” 18 years of experience. Sorry :)

Flag Post

i knew about 20 ccgs, but this is best:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/Kongregate/kongai

Flag Post

My vote is for Rise of Mythos (formerly Kings and Legends)