Release Notes - May 2 2013

39 posts

Flag Post

+ Changed the way Arrow Robots work. Now they tell their attack, but the attack does more damage. Make sure to dodge it!
+ Minotaurs are no longer weak to all damage types.
+ Skeleton Minibosses are no longer weak to melee attacks, but no longer resist magic attacks.
+ Major revamp to the Frost Dragon! Retuned almost every attack so players can more easily see what is happening, learn the attack properties, and react accordingly to animations and color flashes that they see. Also reduced the amount of enemies that spawn in the encounter so the players can more easily focus on the dragon itself.
+ Bug fix for entire team down staying on the screen.
+ Fixed Pyro Glove Charge attack icons and a bug with Flame Gloves.
+ Tuned up all the Temple exits – you can’t just run up and hit the button anymore!
+ Fix for a problem that was causing map progress to not be saved yesterday and health bombs to sometimes fail.

(Note: We are still trying to identify the cause of the trophy crash bug!)

Flag Post

“+ Fixed Pyro Glove Charge attack icons and a bug with Flame Gloves.”

Aww there goes the last strong pyro weapon.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Ye, DR your kinda screwing over all the classes…. ya know noone could make it really to F30 in UR before classes even got changed??? you lowered the cash output from UR AND nerfed all classes… like c’mon… one or the other!

Flag Post

-idc.. just bring back one floor pbk, so we can have the option of getting gold from UR or from PKB. Sometimes I want to get gold, but I don’t have 40 minutes to do a UR. Sometimes I just want to log on and do a couple PKB runs and then log off.

-just give players the option of playing for it OR grinding for it.. support all types of players..!!

Flag Post

Did someone noticed more sneak updates that were not told in the patches as usual? I havent played yet, so I cant tell.

Flag Post

The new robots are now even stronger than before (they said it) but the thing is you cannot dodge it effectively in Ruins anyway => nearly impossible to get to 15…>.<
PS: (My team with 3 VH and 1 Wiz, fully equip with legend (-50% damage from everything for all of us), I play wiz with 2 healing scroll to support (both mana down=> unlimited healing)

Flag Post
Originally posted by DR_Celerity:

+ Changed the way Arrow Robots work. Now they tell their attack, but the attack does more damage. Make sure to dodge it!
+ Minotaurs are no longer weak to all damage types.
+ Skeleton Minibosses are no longer weak to melee attacks, but no longer resist magic attacks.
+ Major revamp to the Frost Dragon! Retuned almost every attack so players can more easily see what is happening, learn the attack properties, and react accordingly to animations and color flashes that they see. Also reduced the amount of enemies that spawn in the encounter so the players can more easily focus on the dragon itself.
+ Bug fix for entire team down staying on the screen.
+ Fixed Pyro Glove Charge attack icons and a bug with Flame Gloves.
+ Tuned up all the Temple exits – you can’t just run up and hit the button anymore!
+ Fix for a problem that was causing map progress to not be saved yesterday and health bombs to sometimes fail.

(Note: We are still trying to identify the cause of the trophy crash bug!)

This is a very bad Update….>_<

Flag Post

Pyro gloves are not fixed. They were modified to show and do “charged” attacks again, but my gloves are supposed to do a “large fireball” on charged attack. Both of them do spread shot.

The Arrow Robots showing a “tell” is entirely useless to most of the people attacking them. WE ARE SHOOTING AT THEM WITHOUT SEEING THEM! AND they do more damage? Great, thanks! >.<

UR has broken the melee classes entirely. Any melee class is dead in about 1 hit by floor 10, more often by floor 8 or so. Zerk, DK, Samu pretty much useless. Pyro burn damage is stupid-low, so he’s mostly out as well (175 for a non-burn mod glove, 300 for a rare firewall with 2*burn). My VH bow/mines do more burn damage than the high-priced Pyro (about 1.4k/tick for both bow and napalm mine). Nerf the VH, and I am DONE with this game.

Flag Post

Also, stop thinking the “trophy loop” bug has anything to do with trophies. It doesn’t. I’ve had it happen on floor 8-10 multiple times.

Flag Post

We want moar nerfs pl0x.

Flag Post

Nerfing exits of Frostgaard – what was the reason? The people grinding it for gold? Impressive: instead of balancing the characters and monsters, you just increase the difficulty. Don’t you feel it’s wrong? Well, okay, it was maybe too easy to grind. But wasn’t it supposed to be that way with random switches – some dungeons become harder, some – easier?

We will NOT spend more money on gems to buy the legendaries in order to have a small chance to get the desired weapon with desired mods, because now you took away the option to grind FG fast.
We will look for another easier way to grind gold – and then will you nerf it too?

The only playable character now is VH. I kinda feel proud that I liked her from the beginning.

Spending REAL money on a pet like wolf that don’t last 5 hits in UR, is clearly stupid. Pets, weapons, dungeons – it all becomes crappier and crappier.

Why do you do this? We were not asking you to make the game easy, give everybody tons of gold for nothing. We’ve asked you to balance and fix what you already had.

Do you, people, even play your own game?
Just look: not even one positive reaction to changes you make. Why so?

I really want to know the answers to these questions.

Flag Post

I started to play this game not entirely too long ago, but I have been for awhile now and I got every char except dk, mes of other people included spent hours slaving away to get every character in the game, and not just that but to also lvl them and equip them spending hours to grind all the money needed for legendary chests. I assume you pay more attention to a facebook crowd then you do here, due to it being more majority. I could be wrong but oh well. Now tell me, if you are getting bad reactions from equal comunnities that play the game, why would you continue? Alot of people are still sore about pyro and chef stuff, and in this game the really only good playable char for damage is a V.H., now we did put up with it but slowly you are taking away everything and to be honest it doesnt really seem that enjoyable to play anymore. I dont like the changes to the Frostgardde maps but in a way I do like it because there is change abit it’s always nice to see something new but the cost for doing so was not worth it.

Flag Post

I’ve read all the posts in this thread and all of them were negative about this update. Now here’s my negativity and another flaw I see in this update:

You devs have once again sneaked in an unwanted feature in this update. Now that traps and enemies have knockback, it is even more undesirable to play a melee class in UR. Sure, it was tough before, but now it’s just impossible to go up to a monster and whack it with three consecutive hits.

EDIT: Knockback is not only in UR, but also every other dungeon, which makes melee less playable everywhere.

Flag Post

Devs, you are ruining the endgame content of this game. Sure, it is easier to level your characters than before, but grinding gold and opening legendary chests – which is what long term players spend majority of their time on – has become a bore and is more tedious than ever.

Reiterating what others said, WHY do you do this? UR has become less and less playable with each update, which saps enjoyment out of the game and alienates loyal players. Tons of people have complained about pyro burn damage being unreasonably low, but instead of fixing a simple number calculation, you introduce other “fixes” that make certain classes closer to being unplayable in UR.

With each of the recent updates, I have seen more negative feedback than positive feedback. You are only creating a growing group of bitter players that will complain on message boards, on facebook, and in kong chat about how lame the game is becoming. Instead of coming up with ways to slow down our gold earning potential even more, how about spending the time to add new content that the players might more likely appreciate?

Flag Post
Originally posted by hedsar:

Nerfing exits of Frostgaard – what was the reason? The people grinding it for gold? Impressive: instead of balancing the characters and monsters, you just increase the difficulty. Don’t you feel it’s wrong? Well, okay, it was maybe too easy to grind. But wasn’t it supposed to be that way with random switches – some dungeons become harder, some – easier?

We will NOT spend more money on on gems to buy the legendaries in order to have a small chance to get the desired weapon with desired mods, because now you took away the option to grind FG fast.
We will look for another easier way to grind gold – and then will you nerf it too?

The only playable character now is VH. I kinda feel proud that I liked her from the beginning.

Spending REAL money on a pet like wolf that don’t last 5 hits in UR, is clearly stupid. Pets, weapons, dungeons – it all becomes crappier and crappier.

Why do you do this? We were not asking you to make the game easy, give everybody tons of gold for nothing. We’ve asked you to balance and fix what you already had.

Do you, people, even play your own game?
Just look: not even one positive reaction to changes you make. Why so?

I really want to know the answers to these questions.

Totally agree, not that the devs care, but seriously from the way it sounds, this game sucks ever since they started their nerfing and killed off 1 floor dungeons, now IT REALLY REALLY SUCKS and it doesn’t seem like their gonna make it any better. BTW the facebook community also dislike alot of the changes. Idk maybe RebelEnt is really strapped for cash, maybe thats why they want to make it harder so people buy stuff with real money. Or maybe they hate their players and are purposely creating ways for people like me who used to love dungeon rampage to hate it. Well. If its the latter case, job well done Congratulations Devs!!! Yipeee

“Do you people even play your own game?” Clearly they don’t or more likely they do but they can code in anything they want and make it easier for themselves anyway which does not constitute as real playing

Flag Post

It is amazing how one month can turn "the best game ever’ into a “i just want to stop playing” game…

Seriously, this game use to be SO fun.. it was the best.. and then for no reason.. no reason AT all they turned this game into something totally different (for the worse it seems)

UR is a great idea.. but allow us to use our characters. Level 100 characters with 3x legendaries should be able to be more helpful in UR.. a lvl 100 pyro with 3x leggys should be amazing, but it isn’t.

None of this makes sense… It really doesn’t.

Flag Post

Oh.. and no one likes the tacos and peppers.. who the heck are making these decisions..

Flag Post
Originally posted by FrostBit10:

Oh.. and no one likes the tacos and peppers.. who the heck are making these decisions..

Slightly off topic, but I just wanted to mention that this is probably just a cosmetic change for this weekend since it is Cinco de Mayo.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JellyBerry:

I’ve read all the posts in this thread and all of them were negative about this update. Now here’s my negativity and another flaw I see in this update:

You devs have once again sneaked in an unwanted feature in this update. Now that traps and enemies have knockback, it is even more undesirable to play a melee class in UR. Sure, it was tough before, but now it’s just impossible to go up to a monster and whack it with three consecutive hits.

EDIT: Knockback is not only in UR, but also every other dungeon, which makes melee less playable everywhere.

Here is another nerf that was not mentioned in the update: Charged attack for snare spear shoots from within the body out instead of starting from the outside of the body. This makes it impossible to shotgun mobs and reduces the overall effectiveness of the dragon knight.

So whoever is thinking about getting a dragon knight, don’t, it’s no better than a zerk with extra speed.

EDIT: Another buff to dungeons. I don’t know when, but dungeons have been buffed significantly to a point where it’s impossible to beat without the help of levels of people that are way past that dungeon. I’ve noticed that in DBB, additional minibosses and mages were popping up everwhere, filling up the whole screen. It was impossible to dodge any attack because there were so many. Not one public group could beat it. I only got past it because a level 100 friend with all legends helped.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JellyBerry:

Here is another nerf that was not mentioned in the update: Charged attack for snare spear shoots from within the body out instead of starting from the outside of the body. This makes it impossible to shotgun mobs and reduces the overall effectiveness of the dragon knight.

So whoever is thinking about getting a dragon knight, don’t, it’s no better than a zerk with extra speed.

EDIT: Another buff to dungeons. I don’t know when, but dungeons have been buffed significantly to a point where it’s impossible to beat without the help of levels of people that are way past that dungeon. I’ve noticed that in DBB, additional minibosses and mages were popping up everwhere, filling up the whole screen. It was impossible to dodge any attack because there were so many. Not one public group could beat it. I only got past it because a level 100 friend with all legends helped.

I believe it was this current update that did it. The regular dungeons are harder now. At least in my opinion.

Flag Post

It might be sorta random but I noticed that every time I had trophy crash, I already challenged that UR and died after getting the boxes but before getting the chests.

Flag Post

i got trophy and chest glitch on 2 floor prisoner keep in grindhouse.Weird?I asked my friends in the dungeon if they got the glitch but they said they didn’t.

Flag Post

You should consider putting this in the changelog:

Greetings, Heroes! We updated Dungeon Rampage today with the following changes:

+ You can go fuck yourself, leave this game and never come back. KTHXBYE.

Flag Post

No. Leveled my chef for UR – nerfed. Leveled my wizard for UR – buffed UR and decreased gold.

New plan – 1 star rating, unfavorited, revisit in a few months in hope that your page visits drop dramatically.

If you’re tired of this senselessness, please join me in walking away.