[Remnants of Skystone] I want to go home to Nidaria

24 posts

Flag Post

I know it’s fictional. I know it’s not real.

But it is a place that has meant so much to me. It accepted me, as it did so many others. It taught me a great deal. The lessons I learned and the people I met—I miss them.

I feel that Nidaria is my home. I miss it; I miss my friends there. I know it is fictional, but still, I want to go home.

Just some silly ramblings. Folks, do you miss it as I do?

Flag Post

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t.

Flag Post

I miss it too and pay a visit sometimes…

Flag Post

Its hard not to forget about it. The way Flip deserted makes you remember it even more for what is was and how it fell down to what it is today. New players joining must be puzzled why a game is so empty that was built for a huge amounts of players playing online. I mean looking at game chat there are 3 players on including me. That is just plain sad. I feel sorry for all of us that saw it in its glory days, but more so for new ones playing that have no clue how cool this game WAS. RIP ROS, all things good must come to an end. You and your players deserved better.

Flag Post

I can’t help to think that “remnants of skystone” might have been made just to fade away hence the name. Though I liked it too it might have been for the best; a game that is great and fades away into the past is better then one ruined by bad development, power-creeping, and money grabbing investments. A memory will live on forever it it is not disturbed, but the second someone tries to mess with it, even if it is for the better, it will destroy all your old memories and replace them with the new.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jooe15:

I can’t help to think that “remnants of skystone” might have been made just to fade away hence the name. Though I liked it too it might have been for the best; a game that is great and fades away into the past is better then one ruined by bad development, power-creeping, and money grabbing investments. A memory will live on forever it it is not disturbed, but the second someone tries to mess with it, even if it is for the better, it will destroy all your old memories and replace them with the new.

True Dat

Flag Post

Well said, no other game’s universe has been as enthralling to me as Remnants of Skystone. The fact that the plot is somewhat hazy (pardon the pun) allows one to fill in the gaps.

Flag Post

This is what I stumbled upon recently:
http://web.archive.org/web/20100315190205/http://www.kongregate.com/announcements/kongregate-news

Nostalgia…

Flag Post

I used to play this a while ago, and, it used to have quite a few players, but I think I stopped playing, then came back to… this….
It’s so sad, I love this game, everybody is just playing all those top rated Multiplayer games… and this is just sitting here, with a few people still playing, remembering the good days… I really wish this would become suddenly one of the most played multiplayer games here… but that’s not going to happen. :(

Flag Post

Too bad all the players left… :(

Flag Post

We have not truly left, we come back now and then to mourn over what could have been.

Flag Post

Could have been, but maybe it was for the better.

Flag Post

go play runescape or wow, these games are far superior and runescape is even f2p

Flag Post
Originally posted by NicolBolas:

go play runescape or wow, these games are far superior and runescape is even f2p

No other MMO can hold a candle to RoS.

Flag Post

i come back monthly to find that nobody answers me in chat or in game and then i leave.

please guys stop closing the chat or go AFK, those things are really frustrating.

Flag Post

I miss The

Flag Post

I feel exactly like that, Janna199, I loved this game so much, I’d get on every day… It was the first game I ever spent real money on, that’s how much it meant to me. I just miss it so much ;-;

Flag Post

Thank you, TPC2000.

I miss Nidaria, I miss the challenges, I miss the friends that I made here. I miss N104, Radio Nidaria.

I miss the world that we had, I miss the world that I used to escape to when the real world got too much.

I miss Nidaria. I want to go home, to Nidaria.

Enough said for now. I am simply,

J.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Teh_Anonymous:

I miss The

I’m touched. :O

But in truth, you don’t really miss me. You miss the concept of me.

Flag Post

Bananas.

Flag Post
Originally posted by The_Anonymus:

I miss The

Isn’t that what I said

Flag Post
Originally posted by The_Anonymus:

I miss The

Isn’t that what I said

I meant that I, myself, am a concept. I don’t really exist. Therefore cannot truly be missed. Like missing an imaginary thing you made up on the spot. /mindblown

Flag Post

Queen – Who wants to live forever

It may come out cheesy, but Remnants of Skystone closing makes me feel a little sad, despite having missed the better times – I tried it when it was already nearly deserted, but I enjoyed it greatly nonetheless. I liked the idea of Nidaria and my float waiting for me when I came back every now and then. I plan to keep the Aeronaut avatar on Kongregate as a perennial memento of these times.

Flag Post

To be honest, how much Kong was paying every day or week just to keep this game alive? I assume there are not just a few dead games floating in Kong but why close this down… I guess the cost is close to nothing especially they are not promoting it anymore and neither is flip, so not much bandwidth is being used and these days storage is so cheap it is like free to host anything… at least keeping it alive would allow us to sometimes get together… and if we come back we may play their other games and click on their ads… my guess is it is like close to zero subsequent investment and still one or two clicks may generate a bit of revenue… I just don’t get it…