[Dungeon Overlord] Bugs/broken with update thread

55 posts

Flag Post

1. Alliance chat breaks when switching dungeons, it doesnt update after. Its frozen.
2. You are given the option to select and survey all crags/spires/rift etc, but you when selected it flashes a large error code.
3. Your update notes say you can pillage but not conquer a starter, but then says if your starter is conquered you get a new one. Lots of confusion in the chat on that one

Flag Post

4. see #1. this happens every 2nd update. Please start checking alliance chat functionality after all updates? Its fine it gets broken, its not fine we have to wait for a new day to get the damn thing fixed. Thats just stupid.
5. Crash. Crash. Gamecrash. moregamecrash. I am crashing every 5 minutes, locked out.

Flag Post

Elves are messed up too, I already wrote support. Lost a vamp 100 on a normal spawn (that would NEVER have happened before the patch), then my DEs got beat up on a normal T3 spawn. Fix this now.

Flag Post

Elves are seriously different on raids, much nastier and seem to do way more damage. People in chat also report reprisals are nastier for the same lvl of hate attacks

Flag Post

Adding my support.

Elf reprisals are out of scale for what they should be. They are also more often. Raids on settlements are out of proportion too. Way too low spawns on my demon t3s, way too powerful on my de/undead t3s.

Flag Post

everytime i refresh to fix the broken chat, it works after for about 60 seconds, then crashes my flash

Flag Post

Loot gained from defending reprisals are popping up in the wrong tiles in my starter.

Flag Post

Same Brainpicker, some chests appearing in my vault now.

Flag Post

Same here. Thought some rogues sneaked into the vault, before watching the replay.

Flag Post

I’m forced to stop raiding now. I sent a team of 2×70, 1×100 vamps and 3×150, 5×100 ghosts to a f1 (way overkill usually) and lost one of my ghosts. FIX. THIS. NOW!

Flag Post

I already lost a Ghost L110 on a F1 that i was doing for weeks. I nearly lost 12xDE L!50 on T3 that im doing for months. This update is just a mess and now i cant raid anymore because i dont want to get critters dead. I want compensation because I NEED TO RAID to stay alive because of upkeep.

Flag Post

BTW what really amaze me is that you still doing big update at the end of the day… will you NEVER learn ? What were you thinking. There is no time to make last minute adjustment and all its doing is make people pissed about NOG.

You guys got so much bad reputation from your way of doing things that a new verb was born. To Nog: Action that do random thing except what it is supposed to. So please, stop nogging around the server and patch those damn bugs

Flag Post
  1. The issues with chat will be resolved shortly, you will need to clear your cache to see the effect. Additionally, there is now a confirmation screen for Resource Node Upgrades.
  2. The team is looking into reported issues with Elven Settlement attacks. If you have specific instances you can send to support, describing your previous and current outcomes, that will assist the team in identifying the issue
  3. The adjustment made to Elven loot drops is part of the Update. Players have indicated when chests are dropped in Entrances, they often had difficulty locating them. So, if an Elven Loot Chest would be dropped in the doorway, it is instead delivered to the Vault
  4. The outline has been adjusted to full reflect that starters cannot be Conquered.
  5. The Regional Crags, Continental Rifts, and the Obsidian Spire are not intended to be Surveyed. Since this takes downtime, we have not updated with that fix, as it doesn’t directly affect game play. The advanced bases do not have Nodes, so there is nothing to Survey.

Flag Post

Ty for the news.

So what do we do when we cant raid ? I need to feed those critters. And what happen to our lost because of the settlement changes ? are you gonna resurect them for free ? what compensation will you give use, T3/F1 raiders for having to wait in case of even more critters lost ?

Flag Post

Chests are NOT being moved from doorways to vault. I have dungeons with only a trapmaze, no creatures defending, and no traps on doorspawns.

Yet chests are appearing in vaults. Under animation and furniture I may add.

Flag Post

Chat should be available now, if you need to how to clear cache, you can check out the Knowledge Base-

Gotoxy, unfortunately, I don’t have anything specific on what you can expect. I know Support is looking into the reports, and working with the team to determine what could be causing the spike in casualties. The best I can tell you, for now, is to contact Support, and they will work with you. http://support.nightowlgames.net

Having chests appear under the Room prop is definitely not intended. If you submit a screen shot to Support, they can turn it over to the Developers, to address. http://support.nightowlgames.net

Flag Post

With the current downtime, we are addressing a number of issues

1. The Regional Crag, Continental Rift, and Obsidian Spire will no longer appear to be Surveyable
  2. Battle Playbacks for Elven Settlements should once again work
  3. All Mountain Bonuses should now take the appropriate amount of Resources and the correct amount of lockout time
  4. Attack Times will now display Correctly for Interregional and Intercontinental attacks
  5. If you manually flag a Dungeon as Advanced Player-Combat enabled, that was receiving the Grace Period warning, you will no longer receive the prompt. Additionally, after Advanced Rooms are removed from a Dungeon that would have been automatically Player Combat-Enabled, you will no longer receive the prompt.
  6. Elven Settlement Attacks should now resolve as previously expected*

*There was a bug reported in the past, that the first wave of Creatures into a battle were unintentionally getting double their bonuses. That was removed, so all Creatures were attacking with their intended bonuses. However, the team recognizes that players have come to expect to be able to Raid each Settlement Tier with certain Creature attack groups. With that understanding, and the mass changes that came with the Lord of the Underworld update the bonuses, for Elven Settlement Raiding have been reinstated.

When attacking other players, the additional bonuses will no longer be applied.

Flag Post

So are you guys going to resurect my creature then ? or im just a collateral damage ?

And before you remove that bonus again, please tell us and give us time to get back our army so i wont have to beg u again for resurection

Flag Post

You can contact Support, they are working with the players who have been affected. I am very sorry it wasn’t communicated. It was one of the many things adjusted for the update, and unfortunately ended up being overlooked in the end.

Flag Post

Thanks for the elf information and update.

Flag Post

Thank you for taking care of the situation. I have my L110 Ghost back and everything seems as before for raiding T3/F1.

I wish the support team would had notice me that they would take care of it so i wouldnt had to complain again on the forum. (i asked yesterday to get it back and they never told anything about that so i was worried)

Now that the update is done, i hope you guys will try to solve the memory leak bug that really getting out of control here. From what i could see, gathering resources from the ledger seems to be a good place to check first. Kinda boring to have to restart my browser every 45mins or so.

Flag Post

After we iron out the issues that have come out of this release, the team intends to refocus on the overall game. I’ll definitely mention the memory leak concerns for Kongregate specifically. Sorry the responses have been delayed, Support is working through the issues the best they can, but I’m glad they did get things eventually taken care of for you.

Flag Post

Any news on the 2 patch attempt ?

Flag Post

There were a couple of things addressed with the last hotfix.

With today’s downtime, we were able to resolve another set of issues.

1. The Lockout Timers for Underworld Stonegating now displays correctly
  2. Players should no longer have issues upgrading Underworld Stonegating. There was an issue with costs that have been resolved.

Flag Post

Thank you

What would be nice is a way to see how much point an alliance got so far from opening a crack

That way it would be easier for MS to exterminate everyone trying to do so

EDIT: Oh you already thought of it in the leaderboard.. TY then :D