[Remnants of Skystone] What happened to Remnants of Skystone?

29 posts

Flag Post

I’ve been looking for quite a bit to find out why this game stopped being updated. I have yet to find an actual answer other than speculation.
I may be looking in the wrong spots, I may have not looked long enough, but I still would really like to know the reason.
If anyone has information on what happened to cause Remnants of Skystone to stop being developed, maintained, updated, whatever, I’d love to know.

I enjoyed this game quite a bit and can’t understand why it has not been picked up. There is enormous potential here and to just drop it seems like a loss of what could be lots of money for a company, and a great potential for a thriving community.

Flag Post

Taken from Flipline’s blog (http://www.flipline.com/blog/archives/1545):

“We consider Remnants of Skystone finished. Initially we were planning on 4 worlds, but Kongregate and ourselves struck a deal that instead of a fourth world, we would develop a subscription model into the game with more stat adjustments, extra attacks and other incentives. This was called the Nidarian Guard. The three worlds in the game are actually much larger than we planned as well — the entire game was originally only going to be the size of the first world! Unfortunately there’s not much closure to the story, we wish the final missions had wrapped things up a bit better.”

Another thing is that the Papa-series are more popular, which means they make more money for Flipline. Because of that, Flipline focuses mostly (only) on Papa-games.

Flag Post

This is terrible. It pretty much sucks, actually.
I used to enjoy this game A LOT, and now I find that it has died out?
I hate those companies and developers who only care about profit. This has to stop.

Flag Post

Thanks Ilmapallo.
That really is too bad. I hope another company will notice how popular this game was and try to scoop it up for a revamp. I’m guessing flipline doesn’t have enough revenue to support a dev team big enough to make the changes needed. I just can’t accept that there is more money in the papa series than this.

Flag Post

Who owns this game since I remember reading you sold it to someone? Also if its dead, make everything in shop even NG payable with spores or maybe gold bars? You could set a ridiculous number its just other multi-player setup formats have the pay route and the non pay route. It just makes sense cause since paying for ND is considered almost foolish now since the game is pretty much dead, everything in shop should have a spore amount next to it.

Originally posted by Wolfbill:

This is terrible. It pretty much sucks, actually.
I used to enjoy this game A LOT, and now I find that it has died out?
I hate those companies and developers who only care about profit. This has to stop.

Like everything in life now, money is the motive behind ideas, mostly. Every game has an angle toward it so they can make a living but sometimes it can go a little to far.

Originally posted by Killabandaid:

Thanks Ilmapallo.
That really is too bad. I hope another company will notice how popular this game was and try to scoop it up for a revamp. I’m guessing flipline doesn’t have enough revenue to support a dev team big enough to make the changes needed. I just can’t accept that there is more money in the papa series than this.

Yeah its pretty odd but we’ll see. Something in me says this game will remain this way for 20 years. Or until the day when they average one player a day.

Flag Post

I forgot to switch the you’s, I was talking to Flip so I forgot to switch.

Flag Post

In response to why Remnants of Skystone wasn’t kept up to date…

My educated guess is they lost a lot of employees who did development work and found a market in the papa’s games they are currently making, (Which required much less effort and money to create) so they stuck with that. They probably felt the Remnants of Skystone market wasn’t very big or worth the money based on their first attempt, and ditched it.

This will kick FliplineStudios in the butt when another company comes along and figures out how to make money off this game type and produces it. It’s only a matter of time…unfortunately us gamers just have to wait it out.

I would advise continuing to voice your opinion on how much you enjoyed this game. It will be redone, but most likely when another company realizes there’s a market for it and has the revenue to invest on a team worthy of rebuilding it.

FliplineStudios had a great start. It’s too bad they didn’t keep at it and kept so quiet after they stopped. They will be looked down upon from the community interested in this game for keeping their mouths shut.

Flag Post

The restaurant games are what killed RoS, as they were more popular and profitable, so Flipline Studios turned its attention toward them. Remnants of Skystone has the greatest (in terms of potential) story and setting that I have ever seen in a flash game, and it will always hold a special place in my heart. I personally hope Flipline sells the rights to RoS to another company (preferably large, so they will make a high-quality MMO). Everyone would win, Flipline, the other company, and the players.

Flag Post

We just have to wait that out and urge Flip to do so. Maybe make a online petition?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Google567:

We just have to wait that out and urge Flip to do so. Maybe make a online petition?

I was actually planning to bring up the proposal after I finished other projects. I wholeheartedly agree. :^)

Flag Post

All has been done, Flipline is just done w/ Remants

Flag Post

The game was great. It probably still is to be fair.

Flag Post

We should definitely make a petition for RoS, not to mention if we really want to show those brain dead corporate idiots at flipline we are serious we should try to convince as many game sites that have any flipline games other than RoS to boycott them and take them down until flipline realizes how stupid they are actually being.

Flag Post

I also have to say that a large group of players ALWAYS whining about the subscriber exclusives during development and the fact that so many players that loved the game weren’t willing to pay ANY money to support the dev team and show flipline it was worth continuing the project definitely contributed to flipline letting the game die.

Flag Post

Matthies7, 1st post is silly but i agree with the 2nd.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Killabandaid:

I’ve been looking for quite a bit to find out why this game stopped being updated. I have yet to find an actual answer other than speculation.
I may be looking in the wrong spots, I may have not looked long enough, but I still would really like to know the reason.
If anyone has information on what happened to cause Remnants of Skystone to stop being developed, maintained, updated, whatever, I’d love to know.

I enjoyed this game quite a bit and can’t understand why it has not been picked up. There is enormous potential here and to just drop it seems like a loss of what could be lots of money for a company, and a great potential for a thriving community.

It may possible the reason of low funding so they cant update the game. Maybe if somebody bought and contributed then it would update again

… But until then this game is shi

Facepalm :3

Flag Post

ros is fine, you can still play it and buy lifetime membership

Flag Post

Flipline is only two people. Two people can only do so much. The Papa games are immensely popular and it seems like they’re riding it out.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ghosttigerdan:

Flipline is only two people. Two people can only do so much. The Papa games are immensely popular and it seems like they’re riding it out.

The Papa games first came out years ago. There is riding something out, and then there is complete obsession.

Flag Post

Never understood the point in making lots of those Papa games… They aren’t even fun, popular as they are.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ninjaemperor:

Never understood the point in making lots of those Papa games… They aren’t even fun, popular as they are.

Tell that to all the 7 year-olds that play them…

Flag Post

They should see this bellowing, awesome-sauce game instead. So much more fun…

Flag Post

This was probably one of my fav games back then (was playing it as it was new), i went back to kongregate just to check if it was as i expected, dead, so sad, many lovely memories as it was one of the most loved and one of the last games i REALLY played untill i left kongregate.
So manny years ago <3 Remnants of Skystone and platform racing 2, many memories that will be stuck forever.

Flag Post
Originally posted by typthief:

This was probably one of my fav games back then (was playing it as it was new), i went back to kongregate just to check if it was as i expected, dead, so sad, many lovely memories as it was one of the most loved and one of the last games i REALLY played untill i left kongregate.
So manny years ago <3 Remnants of Skystone and platform racing 2, many memories that will be stuck forever.

Such a shame, I agree.

Flag Post

We can still keep it up! Maybe not alive if FliplineStudios shuts down the server, but at the very least we can keep on playing.