[Kingdoms CCG] gear mill deck too strong?

5 posts

Flag Post

in a limited battle my oponent slowed my creatures with his gun/gear and i had to disgard all my cards without attacking because my creatures were slowed . Is there a defence? He did not use any creatures.

Flag Post

Dunno, but it´s a good deck to think about.

Flag Post

That’d be Glue Gun, and yes, it can be a very powerful gear – if one side has 3 out then it is practically impossible to win with just creatures (unless they are all Hasted) because creatures in all 3 of your rows get Slowed as soon as they’d attack.

There isn’t really much you can do once that has happened to you, except maybe kill your creatures, then put a Haste one in the free slot (it can then attack once, before it gets Slowed too), but there are a couple of things you can do in preparation:

- Bring gear removal. CORE has Shatter, Smelt and Return To The Elements for the poor player. The hands-down best anti-gear spell at the moment is Puncture Blast, which is in RISE (Common). Blunderbluss, in EVE (Rare) is also excellent (and pretty much the only card that can remove massive amounts of gears).
- Bring your own weapon gear. Because Slowed creatures still work as blockers, Glue Gun deck have to rely on alternate techniques like gears or Milling to win. Jus be faster than them. Even a Longsword may do the trick, although a richer player has a lot of other options to pick from.
- ‘Slow’ is a status effect. So any status effect removing card I listed in the Pacify thread
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/167-kingdoms-ccg/topics/338564-overpowered-card-pacify?page=1#posts-7422801
works against it, too. In most cases this will only work once for you, giving you one chance to attack (except for maybe Field Medic which helps continously), but at least it’ll be an attack your opponent won’t see coming.

Flag Post

Adding to what whade said:
- Shatter (CORE) can only remove gear which costs up to 4 mana (Glue Gun is 5)
- Creatures like Steel Crusher, Shatterblast Gnome, and Shaman of the Earth might also be of some use for destroying gear (the first removes up to 2 random gear from your opponents, others do 1 on death).
- The hero Belnir can remove slow with his first ability (the creature will get slowed the next turn, but it can still attack in the turn the ability was cast).
- Landslide (TRIBES) will win you the game when you have 40 cards in your discard pile.

Flag Post

Other than tht Steel Crusher actually removes only 1 gear now (2 gears was a previous version before the anti gear tweaks), those are good ones, too.