[Dragon Pals] Cross Server Battles for Kong?

43 posts

Flag Post

Does anyone know when the cross server battles are coming for Kong? (I’ve heard rumors of it coming this week, has it been confirmed?) Also, are we going to be matched with other gaming sites?

Thanks.

Flag Post

Keep your eye on the forums. All changes and updates will be listed here.

Flag Post

If so, they’re probably waiting for the other sites’ approvals before launching it.

Flag Post

We don’t get updates. However, a vet informed us today CSC may never be coming to Kong. That’s as much as they could tell us.

Flag Post

Then how else are we gonna get runestones?! (besides hot events)

Flag Post

It’s an R2 game! Get your wallet out and they come free :/

Flag Post

so… we turned from “will have” (when patch first came) to “might have”(week after first CSC) to “might not have”(right before 2nd CSC)… the only thing which “had” was all the $$$$$ events to promote the CSC

Flag Post

So, another Sunday, another two weeks, and its doesn’t look like we will get the CSC this week. Can a mod go and try to figure things out? Afterall, the CSC and battle runes was the main point of 4.0 and without CSC, battle runes becomes truly a paying feature and a expensive one (wishing well only) and most of 4.0 is lost. Also, because of the tiers in CSC, if there really is no plans to have CSC for say a month, then at least let us know and those camping can lvl.

Flag Post

I presume the issue is they’d like to give server 3 some growth before giving Kong CSC. They brought server 3 online the same day as DP 4 came out.

What’s actually happened now is we were told we’d get CSC and encouraged to spend cash in preparation and now given zero information! They dragged out the ‘next Sunday’ line for a few weeks, and now….. no further communication. My guess is they plan to release CSC on Kong, as soon as they feel it will be a profitable venture across the Kong servers. Perhaps they’ll try to delay for 6 months while they release and grow another couple of servers.

Flag Post

Well that is about the least profitable thing they could do, (Release more servers) We need more players on the servers we have now. Creating more servers will spread everyone too thin, as they are already, causing people to leave, not join. Also, About them waiting for server 3 to “catch up”, I highly doubt it. R2 has never shown any remorse to older servers missing out on events and such because they already existed before it was created, why should they care about a new server? On the R2 forums the mod’s claim we missed out on "Voting For Dragon Pals " Event due to Kongregate, not r2. Im sure they will be pulling this “excuse” out for CSC soon enough. I wouldn’t put to much faith in the vets at this point in time, at least not about CSC, as none of them seem to know and all of them give different answers. All we can do is wait until they can give us a straight answer.

Flag Post

R2 create new servers every week. The game is an arms race, so once a server is established people can’t catch up, therefore they are encouraged to join a new server and spend big there. Take a look at the R2 forums, in the last 7 days they have announced 5 new servers, yet some of R2s servers haven’t even got 8 guilds on them for the weekly battles.

Servers continually get created to entice new players to spend, then later as they die cross server events take place. TH and Cage have both been running cross server for some time on many of R2s main servers.

On Kongregate they created server 2 with the same time zone as server 1 and did the same with server 3. This is because the long term the plan is always to do cross server events or merge servers as they start to die off. Therefore they all have to share the same time zone.

I enjoy this game for what it is but R2 aren’t about milking cows, their business model is to skin a cat. Hocari and Tecmage were both huge spenders on server 1 and both became customers who weren’t retained by R2.

My cynical take above on why CSC has been delayed may well be wrong and it could be a technical issue, but when a company refuses to respond to requests for information we can only speculate. The rewards for CSC are good and the R2 main server pools are larger with more competition than there could be on Kong alone. So in the absence of R2 providing better information I’ll just jump to the assumption that the delay is largely down to them thinking it would be more profitable this way. I concede it may purely be technical though.

After asking on here and on the main R2 forum the following is the closest we have to a response regarding the CSC situation. This was posted by a mod on the R2 forum:

“There is no definite date that it is going live on the kong servers, we have posted in the forums and the vets have shared, the time frame that we were given for the release of the CSC on kong, however we are still trying to resolve issues with the CSC.

We can only provide the information that we are given and if some posts are not answered, it is because we do not have updated information to provide.

Due to the fact that the last couple of estimated release dates have passed without the CSC going live on Kong, we are refraining from posting more estimated dates as we would perfer to post a definite date of release."

Make of this what you will!

Flag Post

Sadly there’s still not an update on CSC :( It would be nice to confirm it will at least happen at some point?

Flag Post

From what it states on R2 forums , the servers here are ran by different ppl, not really R2. That could be the main problem.

Flag Post

I was just told by the project team that Cross Server is coming to Kong, we hope, next week. I will update as they give me updates. :D

Woot finally some good news for your guys :)

Flag Post

Great! So by next week will sign up be this Sunday coming, or the following one?

Flag Post

I think it’s following cause we are still doing the CSC this week then there is a week of rest.

Flag Post

is the csc against all servers or jus the kong 1s?

Flag Post
Originally posted by icybun1:

is the csc against all servers or jus the kong 1s?

Kong Servers.

Flag Post

kk

Flag Post

You know, since we have been without CSC for month + (so missed maybe 4 CSCs), would it really be too much to ask for us to have one this week AND have one next week – then follow the one on one off schedule? Just saying…

Flag Post

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm………………… so next Sunday?

Flag Post

We are destined to not get anything which doesn’t need gold~~~ (points at magic lamp and facebook like rewards)

Flag Post

The amusing thing about the Facebook likes reward is they did give us the first package before taking it away!

Flag Post

Typical response from r2:

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread.php?100003-csc-kong-servers

Flag Post

Has anyone noticed that not many vets have been on the servers recently?