Bigger game chatrooms?

4 posts

Flag Post

Whether its Kongai, Zening or Dinowaurs, the best players automatically head to chatroom 1.

This means that the best on topic and interesting discussions take place in room 1 and everyone who wants to participate or just listen goes to room 1. The other rooms are dead, or have off-topic talk in them.

I believe bigger room 1 in mentioned games would enable more people to participate or just listen to on-topic discussions about these games, and thus, reinforce the community aspect. I would even go as far as having only one room.

I am aware there might be some reasons for Kongregate to make many small rooms:

1) Limits of technology: for this I have no counter argument.

2) Easier crowd control: here I have to counter: trolls often run havoc in these small rooms, because there isn´t enough mods for each room.

One big chatroom would have more trolls and troublemakers in it, but on the other hand, there could easily be 2-3 mods online each time, enforcing strict rules. (with help of very strict automated modding)

Another idea: If big chatroom is impossible, how about themed chatrooms?
Examples:
Kongai:
3 card strategy talk
5 card strategy talk
friendly matches
clans
balance talk
offtopic 1-10

Dinowars:
strategy talk
friendly matches
balance talk
off topic 1-10

Zening:
Army strategy talk
Hero strategy talk
Hero teams
Army teams
Friendly matches
vets helping newbies
balance talk
offtopic 1-5

I am sure others will come with other ideas for chatroom themes.

Flag Post

I agree, once I was in Room 1 for a Zening server test and there was very interesting conservation! You are right, if your not in room one you are no-body. But you could still organize a chat with only your friends in like room 7 or something.

Flag Post

I know.I end up in room 1 in Dinowars and Zening.

Flag Post

NicolBolas that is a really good idea…