SFDG 2 Release Date?

122 posts

Flag Post

I’ve been hearing that SFDG will no longer be worked on so a new one will come out. Does anyone know the release date of it? Or at least an estimate of the release date?

Flag Post

It’s currently on planning stages, so no release dates yet.

Flag Post

He said 6-10 months 3 months ago, but no promises. It isn’t even in alpha yet.

Flag Post

2 years.

Flag Post

Probably sometime in 2010. I havent really got very far with it yet

Flag Post

hey DJ i know SFDG 2 might not be the top of ur list but like can you say like end of february? cause i can assure you tons of people are lookin forward to this, lol you’ve reached ur goal for SFDG when you have to pay to play it like EVE lol tha’d be sweet

Flag Post

Im not going to be able to start it properly until late september and I have other games i need to do aswell, so february seems very early

Flag Post
Originally posted by DJStatika:

Probably sometime in 2010. I havent really got very far with it yet

cool!

Flag Post

DJ i hate how the hackers ruined the first SFDG but if you could speed up the time of the 2nd me and id say about 2000 other people would like that and looking forward to the release!

Flag Post

DJstatika:Im not going to be able to start it properly until late september and I have other games i need to do aswell, so february seems very early

explain to the people that are on the other games that you make and say that you are working on sfdg2 the will understand. cuz sfdg is the most awsome game that you have created!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flag Post

wtf! wat is the estamite of wen it will probibly be out?

Flag Post

Hm. I loved the game Starfighter Disputed Galaxy. I first sucked, but then realized how similar it is to the combat fighting books about aerophysics I’ve heard about. After that point, I felt quite happy. some things that I wish didn’t happen were the ways that there were often either too few foes or too many (2 ambushes of EMP torp pegasus shuttles / drones) or 2-3 capital ships. I hope that the game comes into development open testing soon, AI only becomes challenging with it’s actually smart or in huge numbers (zerging much?) but frankly, the latter isn’t quite as much fun.

Flag Post

if you do make another sfdg could you let us transfer our kills to the second sfdg?

Flag Post
Originally posted by theelite71:

if you do make another sfdg could you let us transfer our kills to the second sfdg?

Why do that when we can rack up our own kills again? That’s half the fun. Besides, that leaves us at too great an advantage against new comers

Flag Post

maybe transfer kills to money? nothing overpowering, just a little bonus ;). and ben, take all the time you need, just so long that you dont hurry too much and ruin it. :) http://www.benoldinggames.co.uk/ for more things, i dont think he will post here very much. so i think that sums it up? anyway ben im a huge fan. :)

Flag Post

come on its f-ing febuary and its still not out

Flag Post

I dunno, probably not. Maybe some kind of bonus or spomething. But its not really fair on the old peopel who had their accounts wiped.

“sometime in 2010” does not mean “at the start of 2010”. Its nowhere near atm

Flag Post
Originally posted by DJStatika:

I dunno, probably not. Maybe some kind of bonus or spomething. But its not really fair on the old peopel who had their accounts wiped.

“sometime in 2010” does not mean “at the start of 2010”. Its nowhere near atm

a bonus doesnt really seem necessary, the second one should let every one start equal again. No one wants to play a game for the first time and get killed by tons of people.

Flag Post

keeping the kills would be annoying because before the wipe i had nearly a elite warship which took 2 months of being active. and personally every one should stop bothering the developer because he does have a life to. and honestly do you want it rushed and not as good as it would be if he took his time. take the time to answer that question before you start yelling when is it gonna come out and say stuff like it was already a year since when it got reset and other crap like that if you want some of his work to enjoy try out async or some of his single player games

Flag Post

i really need something to do. the games i previously played before finding out about sfdg, are starting to really suck.:(

Flag Post

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH DARKSHODOW!
1. keeping the kills would be annoying
2. personally every one should stop bothering the developer
3. and honestly do you want it rushed and not as good as it would be if he took his time.

Just be patient. Play other MMORPG games. Possibably if we give him ideas now on what we want. It could help him later in sept. (or whenev.) to complete it by 2010. :D

Flag Post

i thought star fighter was the same thing over and over and over again…. all u do is get mission, fly way out somewhere and assasinate someone, then come back, and collect your money… over and over again, but somehow i keep on playing it? lol thats the sad part xD making pvp better would be awsome!!!! :D there should be a server for pvp for ppl who wanna do that and a server for pve who wanna do that if they make a new one

Flag Post

it originally was pvp untill the hackers came

Flag Post

Why do that when we can rack up our own kills again? That’s half the fun. Besides, that leaves us at too great an advantage against new comers

yes i agree that would make newcomers think we are weak and then we would own them.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator