SFDG 2 Release Date? page 5

122 posts

Flag Post

Update From Ben On The SF:I Facebook Page:

OK, heres a small update as people have been hungry for something. Its a picture of the planet Mercury. Our own solar system will feature in the game and will have most of the main planets. but won’t have all of jupiters moons etc as there would be too many to cram in. It will feature Earth’s moon, but of course, not Earth itself as that was destroyed in the last game.

My apologies for putting a screenshot of the smallest least interesting planet in the solar system. Maybe I should have done Jupiter….

BTW, yes I know the green shield ship does not match the ship I am actually flying in this pic, so no need to point it out ;)

ok, the picture of mercury went down well, so here is Jupiter

and here is saturn. It doesnt look exactly like the real thing, but meh. It will do… I’ll just claim saturn looks different in the future ;)

Flag Post

Update by Ben on the Starfighter: Infinity Facebook page.

Luke and I have been working hard on SF:I for the last couple of days, and the multiplayer is getting pretty close. Check the screenshot

Flag Post

this game was hacked back when i was a freshmen in college that was 5 years ago . is it ever coming out lol

Flag Post
Originally posted by coolestguy:

this game was hacked back when i was a freshmen in college that was 5 years ago . is it ever coming out lol

Yes but remember it’s a small team that works on SF:I but it’s mostly Ben and he’s a pretty busy guy working on other projects. Based on the screenshots the game is looking good so we just need to wait longer until it’s released.

Flag Post

Update by Ben 1 hour ago:

Starfighter is feeling closer all the time, working on missions and random events like ambushes at the moment. Hopefully the missions should lead to some interesting storylines.

Flag Post

Update by Ben 4 hours ago:

Missions in SF:I

7/12/2012

In Starfighter: Disputed Galaxy, missions were just a few randomly generated things that allowed you to gain money and maybe hand pick a challenge for yourself. Maybe just killing random ships was too easy, and you wanted to take on some turrets or something.

In SF:I, I want the missions to be a bit more like in Skyrim with some generated, and some prewritten ones that can help explain a story of somekind. You will be able to have multiple missions on the go at the same time and many will have multiple stages.

What missions you can accept might be subject to whether you join a syndicate or not. For example, you might do a few missions for the Alliance Mining Corps, but if you join them, then some more interesting and profitable missions might become available to you. Hopefully this will mean that different players will be guided down different storylines and having different experiences.

I’m hoping that this more mission-led way of doing things will make the whole game more interesting. But don’t worry, you will still be able to just fly around looking for trouble and attacking enemy stations, turrets etc if you wish

Random ‘Events’

Sometimes, while out and about something might happen. This could be the classic ambush, or maybe something else like receiving a distress call from a damaged ship. These types of events will come up as missions which will last for an amount of time and you can choose to act on them or ignore them.

Types of missions that might be available

Attack a sector – clear out all the enemies there

Defend a sector – maintain a presence in a sector for an amount of time without losing all lives

Assassinate a ship somewhere

Defend a ship for an amount of time

Treasure hunt – try to mine a precious ore from an asteroid

Investigate a mysterious anomaly or object

Hacking – try to steal some information from an enemy station by staying near one for a while

and so on…

Multiplayer missions

Its hard to know at this stage how we are going to do this kind of thing, but I like the idea that some players on one syndicate will be asked to go and defend a sector for a while, and an enemy syndicate will be asked to attack the same sector, and if either side doesnt have enough numbers, then AI ships will appear to balance things. Sometimes these kind of missions will end up being just one team against an AI syndicate.

With other mission types, I think the idea of you being able to bring a friend along, but then it might be annoying if you are doing an assassination and then an uninvited friend kills your target for you. So i’m not sure. I might make some missions single player only. We’ll see.

Flag Post

Update 3 hours ago on Starfighter: Infinity:

Just to let you know, due to funds running a bit low. I’ve had to put this aside again to work on other games that are quicker to finish and therefore will earn money to allow me to go on making games including this one. I know its been a very long wait for this, my apologies

Flag Post

Why don’t you ask other developers to help the project. I mean like a designers team of different people working together. Besides, Ben is actually undermanned if you asked me. Ben could send a copy of the current game(half finished) and let them work on some part. Maybe even give us the beta sooner. That way we can see game faster.

Flag Post

Ben does have a Team but I see what you’re saying. I think Ben doesn’t want to give his code to those he doesn’t know/trust.

Flag Post

lol i have been waiting for quite some time for this i hope its really great

Flag Post
Originally posted by placebo99:

lol i have been waiting for quite some time for this i hope its really great

Same buddie, I can’t wait to beast SF:I. :)

Flag Post

so any more updates? This still on backburner? I was hoping to play before the world ends :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zenick000:

so any more updates? This still on backburner? I was hoping to play before the world ends :D

Nope, No new updates posted as far as I know.

Flag Post
Originally posted by qazzaq123:

I’m considering doing a kickstarter for it

Flag Post
Originally posted by DJStatika:
Originally posted by qazzaq123:

I’m considering doing a kickstarter for it

That would be super awesome. :D

Flag Post

I loved starfighter disputed galaxy
and can only hope this game will come out soon!

Flag Post

cant wait till its out (when ever that may be) then i can own things as the godofdust20 again (or some variation of dusty which ever one i pick)

Flag Post

i really want this to come out soon ive been waiting for ever i hope its on kongregate

Flag Post

Who here would support a kickstarter to fund the games development?

Flag Post
Originally posted by DJStatika:

Who here would support a kickstarter to fund the games development?

sooo when’s this kickstarter coming out? if at all (sorry for the late reply kinda just remembered about this)

Flag Post

everyone stop talking apout it so he doesnt have to keep looking and replying so he can work on the game
that way it will come out sooner

Flag Post

Grrr I WANT THIS GAME, ive been waiting for it since 2000 & freaking 8!!!!!!!!