[Sacred Seasons MMORPG] Badges coming to Sacred Seasons -- share your input!

274 posts

Flag Post

Hey guys, I’d like to add 4 badges to Sacred Seasons.

Adding badges to RPGs on Kongregate is by far the most difficult genre, so you can only imagine my difficulties with adding badges to an MMO! So that’s why I’d like to hear some suggestions. My current thoughts are as follows:

Easy: Complete the introduction quest
Medium: Reach level 20
Hard: Complete some hard quest
Hard: Complete some other hard quest

You can load up Sacred Seasons’ high score listing for a complete list of the quests that are supported. PLEASE DO NOT SUGGEST BADGES FOR QUESTS NOT LISTED HERE. I can’t use them! But yes, I could make a badge for completing Bear Invasion 2, if I were to wish such suffering upon the general Kongregate population.

Also feel free to suggest names/images if you’d like. But I’d mostly like to hear people’s general thoughts on how long it takes to reach/complete various quests, what’s reasonable, what the quickest path to completing these quests might be, etc.

Please keep in mind that badges are for everyone on the site, not just the most diehard Sacred Seasons fans. I’m cool with difficult quest-related badges, but I’d really rather not do any for grinding to ridiculously high levels.

Also, please do not use this thread to merely voice your opposition to Sacred Seasons receiving badges at all. Yes, I’m aware that this is not a game for everyone.

Flag Post

First? Anyways, medium badge should be for “Reach level 25”

Flag Post

greg you should move this to the Kongregate section, you’ll definitely get more input.

Flag Post

being a very big player there hard badge should be reach lvl 100 and if another hard it should be beat bear invasion (yes thats hard for some people who dont know) medium would be beat bore lord and easy would be defeat kikakiag er w/e quest

Flag Post

and i will add any these quest can be compleated with enough people bear invasion is gonna be a hard quest for people starting but its very very possible you just gotta know the right people

Flag Post

easy:complete first quest
medium:reach lvl 30
hard:complete the first 2 quest in underworld
immpossible:complete bear invasion and bell root arena

Flag Post

Hard Badge: Bleakwoods arena is a very difficult quest, but not too difficult that those less than die-hard Sacred Seasons fans can complete with a good bit of effort. If someone gets this far in the game they’ve played far enough to decide if they want to continue their venture in Sacred Seasons or if they’re only in it for the badge.
I think bear invasion would help to promote the craziness that already exists with noobs running around begging high lvls to do that quest for them >.< I think a badge for bears would annoy kongregate members and sacred seasons members.
Easy badge for completing the first quest could work.
Medium badge for level 33 because at that point people can equip the sword of thorns and notice a rather significant attack increase, which I believe would help encourage players to continue playing.

Flag Post

bear invasion or bear invasion 2 could work well for an impossible badge if you wanted to toss one of those in there.

Flag Post

yeah maybe an impossiable badge should be deer invasion and greg have you ever though about adding more pointed badges like lifetime badges that give out twice as many as impossiable and double as harsh as impossiable

Flag Post
Originally posted by SilverSonic105:

Hard Badge: Bleakwoods arena is a very difficult quest, but not too difficult that those less than die-hard Sacred Seasons fans can complete with a good bit of effort. If someone gets this far in the game they’ve played far enough to decide if they want to continue their venture in Sacred Seasons or if they’re only in it for the badge.

I think bear invasion would help to promote the craziness that already exists with noobs running around begging high lvls to do that quest for them >.< I think a badge for bears would annoy kongregate members and sacred seasons members.

Thanks, this is exactly the type of information I’m looking for.

Flag Post

well yes the bear thing is true but that is never gonna end and deer invasion was a one time thing its gone like the wind well if bears are out of the question then i think bear invasion 2 should be one but that is kinda for die hard fan i havnt beaten yet so not much more i can add

Flag Post

I’ll totally co-sign this idea! Just recently discovered SS, gamemasterMike and myself have gotten a bunch of people into it in my League of Gamers… Badges NAO.!!!!111oneone
(p.s. “hey, come pull me through this fort” ) badges for anything under lvl 30 is silly, because it only takes a high lvl friend with a little extra time on their hands to jump a n00b’s lvl significantly…

Flag Post

i have a couple ideas for some badge names, for the easy one: now that thats done, its time to get ganked! and for the medium one: who ya callin a noob now!?

Flag Post

No badges for Sacred Seasons please!!! Make badges for runescape too!

Flag Post

Way to outrun me by going to the multiplayer section, Greg.

I haven’t played this game for too long, but I’m thinking this game is like other RPGs, where you eventually know how the game plays, and you can make the game as difficult or as easy as you like. I like endurance badges, but unfortunately many do not. So, I suggest two hard badges for two quests which can be done within less time than you would have spent on the Balloon Invasion impossible badge.

No badges for Sacred Seasons please!!!

Why not?

Make badges for runescape too!

Simple answer: He can’t.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkruler2005:

Way to outrun me by going to the multiplayer section, Greg.

I haven’t played this game for too long, but I’m thinking this game is like other RPGs, where you eventually know how the game plays, and you can make the game as difficult or as easy as you like. I like endurance badges, but unfortunately many do not. So, I suggest two hard badges for two quests which can be done within less time than you would have spent on the Balloon Invasion impossible badge.

No badges for Sacred Seasons please!!!

Why not?

Make badges for runescape too!

Simple answer: He can’t.

IT IS JAVA
JAVA IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE KONGREGATE API

I AM TRULEY SORRY FOR YOUR LOTS

Flag Post

Thank god no Badges for runescape…that game is crap…really all u do is cut trees.Sacred Season is not bad..i think it should be

Easy-Intro quest
Medium-Reach level 25 (Cuz 30 is pretty hard for ppl who dont have anyone to help them lvl)
Hard-Probably Bear Invasion or whatever
Impossible-Not sure

Flag Post

The baby Jesus will weep if you give this game badges Greg.

Flag Post

I have to agree with blood18. Sacred Seasons is a horrible, laggy abomination. Not only is it buggy, but it is a mile grind. This game incorporates all the irritating factors of RPG games and amplifies them to make one obnoxious lump of FAIL.

Instead of adding new badges, lets say we get on Intuition to fix Dinowaurs, so people can actually accquire the badges for that game. Or better yet, Delete dinowaurs and revoke the badges. And then we can talk about getting badges for some good games?

Flag Post

I wouldn’t mind seeing badges on Sacred Seasons. If Elements gets API, would there be any chance of that game getting badges?

Flag Post

celerian no matter what greg does there are people that are gonna be unhappy i love this game i am am happy its getting badges and this is a good game how long did you play it for assuming you did play it 5 10 minutes tops? its a great game and deserves badges

Flag Post

No, I gave the game several attempts and on two different systems to make sure the bugs and lag I experienced weren’t related to the machine/internet connection. There are so many features that are poorly done, that I wouldn’t even know how to suggest the developers fix it.

Maybe I’m just an elitist, but this really is one of the worst RPGs I have ever played. To name a few issues:

1. The quest log is bulky, and unorganized.
  2. NPC’s are not memorable enough to remember where to turn in quests, so unless their right beside the quest area, you end up looking for them all over again.
  3. Combat is often unresponsive, but this may also be attributed to lag.
  4. For most of the quests, there really isn’t much variation, and this is a MAJOR MMO KILLER. After playing several MMOs (Lineage 2, WoW, Guild Wars, Sacred Seasons, Well of Souls), I have to say that only WoW has managed to break away from the Kill X of Y moster, Collect X of Y item. Granted, they still rely heavily on this mechanism, but often the quests have managed to switch the formula just often enough that it stayed interesting. Guild Wars stayed entertaining because of execution.
  5. Its much too easy to have people “walk” low characters through the game. Any good MMO has a system that prevents characters being walked through the game, so players actually have to PLAY. Not that it isn’t possible in games like WoW or Guild Wars, but Guild Wars made it easy to get to max level, so there was no “walking through” and WoW has an experience formula that will penalize you for running though with higher levels.

Flag Post

Well, I’ve spent three hours on this game so far, and I’m now level 12. I would say three hours of effort is getting on the excessive side for a medium badge. I’ve played plenty of games of this kind so I know how to play them as quickly as possible, and so unless there is something I am missing, I don’t see how you could do better than this without taking advantage of the silly “team up with people” system.

Basically, I was going to come here and post most of the things Celerian just said, as well as the things Lucasi said. The high scores do not show up reliably! I’ve only got Hero’s Introduction at the moment, no others and no Highest level.

I’m going to have to stop playing now, three hours of “Click attack, click enemy. Click attack, click enemy” is ENOUGH.

Flag Post

Nooooooo!

Flag Post

Boo, I don’t want badges on games like this. Laggy, boring, and it works with that … art style that has been used too much.