[Heroes of Gaia] Suggestions

1640 posts

Flag Post

The Official Suggestions Thread for ‘Heroes of Gaia’

Maybe add one more building que spot. Bit annoying when you have to wait like 30 minutes+ before you can build a new building.

Maybe in the task that says build Market maybe change it so that it says build a bazaar because that is what you actually want us to build and there is another building called a market so it is pretty easy to build the wrong one.

- Add a repair cost for battlements (DEF items built in barracks)
- Add ways to “burn” APs, for people who can’t play so much (potentially sending a hero into a mine does this already?)
- The game should tell you when your next AP increase is, when your daily quests run out / refresh, and when you next get resources. If these are the same for everyone, they should be documented somewhere
- Alert sounds for various events like those listed above, and build completions? Perhaps programmable?
- had another one but I forget :x

Flag Post

Well,i think that Upgrading your Town hall should decrease building times a little bit.

Flag Post

restart button…maybe i want to start over with new class

Flag Post

Maybe add one more building que spot. Bit annoying when you have to wait like 30 minutes+ before you can build a new building.

EDIT

Maybe in the task that says build Market maybe change it so that it says build a bazaar because that is what you actually want us to build and there is another building called a market so it is pretty easy to build the wrong one.

EDIT EDIT Same thing with the Research Management quest maybe change it so it matches the skill that you actually have to research

Flag Post

The drop down menus definitely need to be solid, rather than transparent… also I think a little system where already existing players can bring another player under their wing. Basically the “teacher” would get benefits from having a “student” and the student gets protection. This way it will make kind of a feudalistic structure in game, and more wars would be sparked, in an attempt to recruit more “students” and/or defeat other players’ “students”

also I seriously think the queue needs to be longer… at least make it two-three

Flag Post

better balance in terms of troops. ranged units usually just DESTROY melee units. a bit more balance would help the game. fixing the music and sounds in the game will also help very much.

Flag Post
Originally posted by blood18:

This. This this this this this. A thousand times, this.

I can’t see myself playing it much, almost because of this sole reason. Ignoring the balance and stuff, I can’t stand the fact I have to sit on my hands for 30 minutes before I can do something else. At least let us have two things going at once, so we can have a little more involvement.

Flag Post

Where is this game. I looked it up in the search box but got nothing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Waffles911:

Where is this game. I looked it up in the search box but got nothing.

When you get to level 17 you will be able to get into it but right now you cant.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EpicLord:

better balance in terms of troops. ranged units usually just DESTROY melee units. a bit more balance would help the game. fixing the music and sounds in the game will also help very much.

are you talking about the units you start off with? because i think the game starts you off with 4 AMAZING units, which explains why your ranged units are destroying

Flag Post

another thing: I don’t like how you bottlenecked the progress by requiring buildings

Originally posted by Deriaz:
Originally posted by blood18:

This. This this this this this. A thousand times, this.

I can’t see myself playing it much, almost because of this sole reason. Ignoring the balance and stuff, I can’t stand the fact I have to sit on my hands for 30 minutes before I can do something else. At least let us have two things going at once, so we can have a little more involvement.

I can’t stress this enough… especially with the fact that you have your town hall upgrades bottlenecking your build queue

Flag Post

I found some pretty big bugs. I play as Male Orc, And i followed the tutorial. first i saw a couple of times the wrong words, Like “Click Left on construct” While you had to click on Build. Then when i followed the tutorial, I had to go to the Tavern, i did not saw anything, Except for a red flashing square, I clicked in it, And i came to the Townhall. I could not go back, Only click in red flashing squares. That way i “finished” the tutorial, But i still dont see the tvern, Or any building. And i dont know how to play the game. I dont know if this bugs are also whit other classes, But it is in Orc Male. Please fix it I am going to try play another class now, And start again, But still, Fix it.
PS: Sorry is the english is not completely correct, I am not english, I gave it my best shot.
PPS: Sorry that this is post is so long, I had to explain :P

EDIT: I Can’t start all over again. Please make that possible too.

Flag Post

Here’s another translation bug (or localization or whatever).

In the task mining efficiency, it says “Click “Magic Tower” and “Research Magic” to find Mining Efficiency.”

“Research Magic” should be Hero Spells

Flag Post

I think that we should be able to heal a group of units at a time,not just one.

Flag Post

In battle melee units sometimes randomly switch the sides they’re fighting from (ex: my spear militia would be facing right, and a heavy soldier would be facing left. after a couple of attacks, the militia would magically appear behind the heavy soldier and attack him from behind). Also, after a couple of hits, the turn order seems to go out of whack. At least i think; i can’t tell if it’s actually because of units dying…

Flag Post

Make the screen smaller.

I hate games with big gigantic screens.

Flag Post

cant even find game on site

Flag Post
Originally posted by AbusedZebra:

Make the screen smaller.

I hate games with big gigantic screens.

Maybe you should take out some of those toolbars (That’s if you have toolbars).
Anyways, the game isn’t or can’t be made smaller, because then things would be all bunched up together.
If you want to see everything and your screen isn’t big enough ‘Right-Click’ and click on ‘Fullscreen’ there you will be able to see the whole game.

Originally posted by poisonthewell:

cant even find game on site

Just click on the link located in the ‘Heroes of Gaia forum’ it should say something like ‘Discuss Heroes of Gaia here’ the ‘Heroes of Gaia’ part should link you to the game if your level 20 or higher, I don’t remember if the Level Cap was lowered.

Flag Post

I love large screen games, as long as you can ctrl+ expand it, which you can with this one. I would not advise making things smaller.

I would agree with heal more than one at a time… If I understood heal at all. I can’t tell if any of my units are damaged. My starting cyclopse units have taken tons of damage, haven’t been healed, but are all still alive. Do they heal on their own in the background or something? More help files would be good on this.

Another building que spot would probably keep my interest longer, but I wouldn’t quit for the lack of it. It looks like the full version will include massive advantages for sending cash, via cards etc, which would be a much bigger source of my quitting. If a free player could have an equal chance of success I would play this forever, and click as many ads as I could on whatever site needed the support.

Flag Post

Also, reset account option, (or additional accounts would be even better,) seems like a necessity. It sucks to be confined to just 1 race with no ability to check out the others.

Flag Post

After you´ve won a battle,the report should tell how much fame you got from the battle.

Flag Post

in regards to healing your units, when you go to the infirmary, it lists your unit types that you can heal. These units aren’t units that were “damaged” in battle, but 75% of the units that were killed. So healing in this game isn’t really healing, it’s more like reviving.

As for healing more than one units, there should be three little boxes, one saying enter amount, then healing cost, then healing time. click on the 1 for “enter amount” and start typing the number you want to heal, then number of units that you can heal is shown at the bottom right of your unit’s picture.

also in your build status bar for units, maybe you should add the infirmary queue to the units section, so i don’t have to keep clicking on my infirmary whenever I want to see my unit healing status.

Flag Post

It would be nice if you could attack right after scouting rather than having to walk all the way home and then back.

Flag Post

in regards to healing your units, when you go to the infirmary, it lists your unit types that you can heal. These units aren’t units that were “damaged” in battle, but 75% of the units that were killed. So healing in this game isn’t really healing, it’s more like reviving.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Flag Post
Originally posted by someguy542003:

As for healing more than one units, there should be three little boxes, one saying enter amount, then healing cost, then healing time. click on the 1 for “enter amount” and start typing the number you want to heal, then number of units that you can heal is shown at the bottom right of your unit’s picture.

You can also just click in the box and type 99999 and it’ll insert the maximum for you. There should be a button for this in the release game, I think.

Here are some more suggestions:

- Add a repair cost for battlements (DEF items built in barracks)
- Add ways to “burn” APs, for people who can’t play so much (potentially sending a hero into a mine does this already?)
- The game should tell you when your next AP increase is, when your daily quests run out / refresh, and when you next get resources. If these are the same for everyone, they should be documented somewhere
- Alert sounds for various events like those listed above, and build completions? Perhaps programmable?
- had another one but I forget :x