[Stick Arena: Ballistick] tips for stick arena

14 posts

Flag Post

While someone is spawning grab the weapon that is the closet so they wont get it then youll get a chance to kill him.
With the ninja swords,run up to a person and run around them and it makes it alot harder to hit you.
With the sledge you can run down a hall if some one is coming strait at you down the hall its a good chance that youll hit him.
With the guns, I usally shoot down the hallways to try and get somebody.
With the bat, I stand at a corner and wait for the person to get close enough then ill charge.

Flag Post

But what if some one hit you with a sledge hammer when your charging to him?
I have some tips for that.
Tip1
using melee wepons
Charge in to them then move back
Tip 2
If you dont have space when your traped like this the o is you, the E is your enemy or enemies you go around them and attack.

Tip 3
facing your enemy when you have melee wepon and enemy have range wepon you move around them like they have sledge but its diffrent move up and down if your fighting left side enemy if your fight north side enemy mover left and right.

( Eo) Tip 4

using range wepons
when your using a gun move back when your attacking so its gonna be slower for your enemy to attack you with any melee wepons.

Tip 5
when your facing a range wepon guy and you have a range wepon to you mover around and attack them so it harder for your enemy to hit you.

Flag Post

dont 4get if u have low hp ur ganna die anyway so try ur luck

Flag Post

well

1. get sledge and wait in a corner when they come around WANG!!

2. i also shoot down hallways!

Flag Post

go for the dude with the sledge when you’re low on hp

Flag Post
Originally posted by The_Acorn:

well

Originally posted by various1:

Total noob strategies. Pros use guns not melee. Hammercamping are for noobs and I hate hammercampers because they can’t win by fighting like a man. When I am low I find a nice place to get 1 or 2 hits of my shotgun on him with which will bring him down to only one hit till his death. This gives a significant advantage to you of maybe an entire kill. When maneuvered succesfully it can win you games easier especcialy 1v1.

Flag Post

I agree that hammer camping is nub (damn xgen hq). But really melee is not nubby. a good swordsman can run into the middle of a gun fight and ks them turning a gain for their opponents into a gain for them.

EDIT: shit i just played a game and i couldnt believe the melee spam this nub did

Flag Post

Beginners tend to use melee weapons, especially the katana, because they have not developed any aiming skills with guns. Maybe they’ll use shotguns because they’re easy to aim and inflict heavy damage, but the range is really short. It helps A LOT in stick arena to be able to AIM the guns. This site helps train your aim without getting killed a whole lot on the real battlefield: http://www.freewebs.com/training-in-sa/aimtraining.htm.

Whether you are good at aiming or not (which I am not…), one thing you need to master is to THINK. Did you hear that? THINK!! It is not always very wise to go out in the open and start firing your ak47 randomly into open space. Knowing the HP of another enemy helps. Having a rough estimate by observing who’s killing or who or seeing who’s fighting who and with what weapon can tell you if you can kill them with 1 hit if they have low HP or if you should stay back because they have barely been scratched. Also, one good tip is don’t start the fight. Don’t be the one that starts swinging with your bat or katana first: other people who join the fight might kill you easily because since you’re the first one to fight, your HP can’t be that high compared to the full HP of a new person. Kill-Stealing does piss others off, but it’s really effective! Don’t be afraid to wait around for two people to start fighting with katanas and then jump in with your bat and knock off some heads.

About the hammer camping, I do agree it is VERY nooby. HOWEVER, it doesn’t mean you CAN’T do it. It is totally legal. For the victims of hammer camping, if you’re not a very good hammer dodger, LEAVE! Don’t try to go in and try to slice the hammercamper’s person’s head off if you’re uncomfortable, go somewhere else for your kills.

Cornering is one of THE KILLEREST strategies in Stick Arena. Very Lethal!! Mastering this strategy gives you a good shot at becoming a semi-pro or pro in Stick Arena. The basic cornering involves you hiding behind the edge of a wall WITH A GUN!!!! (melee weapons do not work) If you spy an opponent within your range, what you do is you step out from your wall for half a second and quickly fire at the opponent. You will inflict damage on your opponent. Then you quickly get back behind your wall. The results are: A.) The opponent has a gun. He fires back at you but he can’t hit you because you are safe behind the wall. B.) The opponent has a melee weapon. In this case, since he is no danger at all to you, so keep on repeating the cornering process until he gets too close. When he gets closer you may start backing away. C.) You have been doing the cornering process repeatedly, and you happen to hit someone from a very long range. Your opponent is utterly confused and does not know what hit him. In this event, keep firing in the same direction to see if you can try to hit him a few more times. For this strategy, glock is the best weapon to use because your speed is quite decent, it has the best range in Stick Arena, and inflicts more damage than an ak47. Cornering is really beastly once mastered. Unless you are really talented, however, people generally can corner comfortably at around rank 8 or so (from my experience I’m not sure).

Lastly, try looking for edges of the map that people don’t generally use. Often times, when you’re at the very edge of a map, people can’t see you but you can see them. One nasty use of this trick is in Xgen HQ. Go get a glock, and go to the very left of the BAT room (top left room). You will notice you can see the people coming down the hallway next to the bat room, but they cannot see you. If you have good aim, try firing at these victims: they won’t know what hit them! When they finally do start to notice, they will try to enter the room – unsuccessfully because they don’t know where to shoot! Another one is the very right of the red carpet of the right of Xgen HQ. Just kinda stand casually facing the blue carpet in the center. When someone comes, shoot at ‘em with your glock or AK47: once again, they won’t know what hit them! There are several of these places throughout Stick Arena: try to find them and use them to your advantage!

Yes, Stick Arena is a lot about getting effective kills, but there’s a W/L ratio that’s part of your stats too. Although cornering and sniping someone from nowhere might give you a higher K/D ratio once mastered, sometimes people don’t always come into the range of your liking, thus not giving you enough kills to win the game.

Using the tricks and some thinking will help you get less deaths. Thus, if you have the same kills as someone else, you’ll win the game. So, if you find yourself down a few kills try to get in and get some kills. Either station yourself at another strategic location or, if you are sure some people have low HP’s, go hurry up and terminate them.

In essence, Stick Arena is not all about rushing out there and fighting like a madman. Dont’ be a noob. Try to find a way to improve yourself at Stick Arena, and you’ll have much more success.

Flag Post

Oh and one thing. Lets say you are second, down by 2 kills with a minute to go. You have a low hp, and you’re surrounded by 3 others, each with a melee weapon. Your death is imminent, but at all costs, DO NOT LET THE PERSON YOU ARE TRYING TO CATCH ON THE LEADERBOARD KILL YOU. If you have a choice, go to the noob and let him kill you, not your main enemy.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sportsmaster19:
Originally posted by The_Acorn:

well

Originally posted by various1:

if someone is hammercamping just don’t go near them. but does using melee make you a noob?
I’d disagree with you there.

Total noob strategies. Pros use guns not melee. Hammercamping are for noobs and I hate hammercampers because they can’t win by fighting like a man. When I am low I find a nice place to get 1 or 2 hits of my shotgun on him with which will bring him down to only one hit till his death. This gives a significant advantage to you of maybe an entire kill. When maneuvered succesfully it can win you games easier especcialy 1v1.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

i like to go around in circles with katana or wateva.
but if you just plain suck get a teamate copy if you agreee

Flag Post

not so much like tips, but how you play..

Flag Post
Originally posted by Determine:

not so much like tips, but how you play..

ROFL