[Unnamed Multiplayer Artillery Game, Open Alpha Test] Please people, behave!

313 posts

Flag Post

Please people, behave!

Lately the amount of offensive messages in the chat rooms and forums has gone through the roof.
I made this game for people to have fun, not to call each other names.
New players jumping into the lobby and just finding a bunch of people cursing at them is not what I had in mind.

I’m not going to forbid competition between the sites but please keep the tone civil.

I’m not usually for censorship, but it’s starting to pass the limit where I can just sit by and watch.

I have the base of a ban system, and if the situation does not improve I’m going to have to start using it, banning offensive users from the game entirely. I would hate to have it move to that level.

Flag Post

Well,i always follow this litte war,but as a Friendly/Competitive one…
Nothing else for me. :D oh and its funny too.

Flag Post

i agree that some users are out of hand, and its getting pretty damn old, and brother do what you gotta do i stand by you. and btw i love the candy kong rivelry see ya, kickass game!

Flag Post

I think I would also like to share that a lot of Kong players are a bit bitter at the fact that Candystand has had the game for not even a month and they are already getting better stuff. Whereas, Kong players have had the game for a good amount of time, and we don’t get near the same benefits.
At least, that’s the general feel of what I see.

Flag Post

I support banning.I’m nice…no lie.

Flag Post

The crux of the matter is exactly as what Blackleopard posted above. It’s exactly what I’m feeling. But the situation is even going beyond the user vs guest issue which had been around for a long time. If i may make an objective statement, zworp’s action to give the new tanks to candystand is a bad decision. However, what’s done is done. And now us Kong users are gonna have some fun honing our skills at beginners with shiny tanks. You can’t stop it with bans, it will remove your most dedicated fans. Zworp, we still love your game! Please don’t hurt us.

Flag Post

So what does the “please behave” button do? And I have to say, it’s not only normal users, there are plenty of guests that say offensive things. Can they also be banned?

Flag Post
Originally posted by othman:

The crux of the matter is exactly as what Blackleopard posted above. It’s exactly what I’m feeling. But the situation is even going beyond the user vs guest issue which had been around for a long time. If i may make an objective statement, zworp’s action to give the new tanks to candystand is a bad decision. However, what’s done is done. And now us Kong users are gonna have some fun honing our skills at beginners with shiny tanks. You can’t stop it with bans, it will remove your most dedicated fans. Zworp, we still love your game! Please don’t hurt us.

now that i think about it,its true…But meh,i can stand it…I guess.I hope.

Flag Post
Originally posted by othman:

It’s fine if you prefer shooting at the new shiny tanks, but just don’t call people names, and act reasonably polite about it :)

Flag Post

I think everybody will be happy if you would make a recognisable kong tank, just for kong user over level 40 or something. Then we get our unity and we will stop hating on the purple blue red shiny ugly tanks of the candystand players.

Flag Post

haha some candystand users don’t even know what ‘candy’ means and one called me that thinking that candy = noob. so when i go around killing them i say please before i kill them? haha kidding. good one douweV. I think i’d like that haha. though most people would poop in their pants and start teaming against us. I just hate ppl calling me a noob when i clearly outrank and out-skill them.

Flag Post

How would the banning system work against guests? Yesterday, there was some guest that was being extremely disrespectful, swearing at anyone who came into the chat. If guests were banned, they could do either of these:
A. Make an account – Ban evasion

or

B. Refresh the page to become another guest.
I think that Kong should have the “guests can’t type” feature that Candy has.

BlackLeopard is right, we’ve played the Alpha and have had the game for a while, why should Candy get all of the new stuff even though they did just got it? Perhaps the features from the games should be switched around?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Eh i havent realy been posting..but ive been around, and I must say I like the idea of a special Kong tank..and a special Candy tank..or some sort of label. Would be interesting for the rivalry…and who knows maybe some “wars”

Flag Post

yeah,There’s alot of swearing now and i kinda ruining the game

Flag Post

Yeah zworp, the please behave button does nadda. Please initiate banhammer mode.

Flag Post

Zworp is right, of course candy stand and KONGREGATE!!!!, are going to have competition, but it doesn’t mean you have call eachother $&*! heads.

Flag Post

Guys, just kill them, team them and pwn them :-)

Flag Post

what i say is that candy is veryyyy quear because kongregate people actually made the first umag but the candy people actually got the new and updated version btw to take ur anger out by teaming the kandies with other candy haters (:

Flag Post

hmmm once kong gets the gold version im going to pwn everything i see with my new awesome tank…except it’s out on April 20 which is 13 days which is 312 hours which is 18720 minutes which is 112320 seconds ):

Flag Post

First of all, ty very much for this wonderfull game.
Second i’d sugest u to choose some people to moderate forun, only way to deal with the teens.
Third, lets shoot!

Flag Post

INITIATE GUEST-REMOVER MODE.

Flag Post
Originally posted by nano5002:

Yeah zworp, the please behave button does nadda. Please initiate banhammer mode.

the ‘please behave’ button is a link to this topic…
and ppl, calm down. we’re going to get everything candies have (except 4 some tank or what was it) on the 20th of april. just have a little patience.