[DarkOrbit] Newbie PVP Protection System.

6 posts

Flag Post

Its a Rather Simple Idea.
As for Me I think this Game has alot of potential but the Sad and Ultimate Draw Back is that Players With there Extremely Powerful and Ships Will Come into “Starting Sectors” And n00b Slay. However I have derived a Easy System to Help give Beginners there start with out having to worry about some level 24 guy coming in and destroying every newbie in that sector.

The System Should Prevent Any Player 5 Levels Higher then you from attacking you. but it also prevent you attacking anybody 5 levels below you and 5 levels above you.

The Number Can be Changed With to be More Proportional if need be. but I think 5 is a good middle number.

Flag Post

Hubbawhat? What do you mean?

Flag Post

Basically, he’s suggesting that you cannot attack people with too much of a level difference. I agree with trying to find a system against newb killing. Or they could only allow PvP after a certain level. Or just have PvP completely toggleable.

Flag Post

i dont think they can without redo-ing the game because the DMZ’s also keep npc’s out and it could be the same system

Flag Post

I really dont think that will happen, because a good portion of what makes this game exciting is the thrill of not always being safe.
managing to stay alive is not even fun if they make it so easy for you. Its a challenge and it should stay that way!

Flag Post

lol what level are you? the maximum level that someone has gotten is 18. Right now I am lvl 13. I regularly go into enemy x-3 maps and fly around and cause mayhem and madness. If they want to risk their ship, I let them. I dont go peanut-popping, i only head for nostromos and above. While I think that people should get protection up to level 5 or so, I do not think they should get this 5-level-difference protection thing. If you manage to get to level 10, you can just pop lots of sibs and they give a decent amount of uridium. or you could just sit in x-3 popping mordons to your hearts content.