[DarkOrbit] Survival

10 posts

Flag Post

I’m getting tired of this game already now. I’m seeing how unbalanced the game really is, more and more. Something needs to change or people are just going to get fed up as well.

During the period from about 9:00am untill about 1:00am this game becomes almost impossible to play, as there are high level players scouting every single sector, and it is impossible to stay alive while trying to complete quests, and rack up credits for more than 10-20 minutes before dying.

I have six drones at the moment, I have already repaired them once, and they are now at 83% damage again, and they are not even back to level six, this I’m disapointed about, and I’m even thinking about trading my goliath in for a veneance or something.

Even having the biggest ship in the game, with a total of 100,000 shields (between two configs) I still find it almost impossible to get away from other players. When players are hitting 20k per shot with the damn whites, it is frustrating as you know you cannot make it to the nearest portal before you die, and even if you could, you’re worried that you might get the ‘access denied’ thing, and then diie.

I cannot even get to the upper sectors to even attempt missions up there, one because I do not really have the firepower (1.5k per hit) and two because I fear the battle maps, I have had too many death in there just trying to get though. Having a clan in this game is vital, but even with the clan I’m in with 27 members, it is still very inactive for my liking, I’m on this game most of the day. And none of the higher level players from the same company would ever want to join your outfit because ‘your drones are small’ so they instantly think that the player inviting them is weak.

How do I progress in this game.. It frustrates me to know that nothing can be done about this. High level players will always kill low level players, big ship or not.

There is also something else that bothers me, this has something to do with ‘survival’ as good equipment is the key. Okay, 99% of players do not want to fork out shed loads of uridium to buy just one item, instead they are going to buy it on the market, correct. The fact of the matter is, the market is also extremely unbalanced, and unfair. Knowing that there are players out there with 50 million credits, is very daunting when you are in need of good equipment, and you are afraid to loss the little credits you have.

After hearing so many stories of bid losses of around 20-40 million on a single item, I fear the market myself. It took me 3 full mornings (1:00am – 8:00am) to get 13 million, and still I am afraid to use this amount on one good item because I know there is a huge chance, bidding on something like an iris or lf-3 laser, that I will loss the bid. Only the high level players will succeed in the market, because they have firepower, therefore will gain more credits that I do in a single day, and therefore progress over me. So the poor stay poor, while the rich get richer, and more powerful. It is a never ending cycle of failure to be honest, I have seen so many things in this game that I would love to change, and I’m sure thouasands of others would like changed too.

 
This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator
 
Flag Post

There is a simple solution = Find a good clan. They can provide you with credits from the clan treasure so you can make successful bids on good items. And when you fly in a pack you can kick ass just like the others. Alone you are a good target, the group will protect you and help you build a decent Ship and complete quests.
Check out the clan section in the do forum or the clan search chat channel. Chances are you will find your self killing other players soon.

 
Flag Post

Very much agreed, this game is ridiculously unbalanced, just take your time, get bonus boxes, use the uri for better weapons, and at the same time upgrade the skylab, transfer 3k Pro every 6 hours (Or use instant send) for 1.5m each. (With a Goli and a cargo space upgrade) Use the Galaxy Gates to go up in levels, i was a Chief Major at Level 6 because i’m a major Insomniac and play at night, get the Uri, get a good ship, and do quests and Galaxy Gates, you don’t have to win them, you still get the creds and EXP for every kill. If all else fails, make a clan and ask me to join, i can assist you.

-Kill

 
Flag Post

wait until your skylab have some decent levels. That’s where the main budget from.
These days I just login to sell the pros, and go collect some bonus boxes when there are not any enemy players.

 
Flag Post

its impossible to get boxes there are just too many ppl taking them even ppl in goliths are taking them. and i have tried for week to join a clan but every time a find one it wont let my log into the world i was on and then i foget the clan name and the stupider thing is that u need credits to join a clan, i need my credits to buy stuff on the market

 
Flag Post

ok Neo if you have only 100k shields with combined, ur screwed. One setting should be more shields on drones. I have a 160k setting and a 260k setting, and Im doing fine. and do what fakeandfailure says. Just keep upgrading ur ship. If you really want the cash, wait for the next anniversary of DO. I believe its the 888 day celebration next. all of the enemy ships will be busy farming, so you can too to get mucho credits and urid!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by killtation:

Very much agreed, this game is ridiculously unbalanced, just take your time, get bonus boxes, use the uri for better weapons, and at the same time upgrade the skylab, transfer 3k Pro every 6 hours (Or use instant send) for 1.5m each. (With a Goli and a cargo space upgrade) Use the Galaxy Gates to go up in levels, i was a Chief Major at Level 6 because i’m a major Insomniac and play at night, get the Uri, get a good ship, and do quests and Galaxy Gates, you don’t have to win them, you still get the creds and EXP for every kill. If all else fails, make a clan and ask me to join, i can assist you.

-Kill

That is all I do as well, I am a pretty bad insomniac, I play mainly in the late night/early morning period with a couple of higher level players I know. I would invite to the current clan I’m in but you are no doubt on another server as you come from Florida (no I’m not a stalker, don’t worry)

Originally posted by bugme143:

ok Neo if you have only 100k shields with combined, ur screwed. One setting should be more shields on drones. I have a 160k setting and a 260k setting, and Im doing fine. and do what fakeandfailure says. Just keep upgrading ur ship. If you really want the cash, wait for the next anniversary of DO. I believe its the 888 day celebration next. all of the enemy ships will be busy farming, so you can too to get mucho credits and urid!

I keep my best equipment on my drones, it is only obvious that that is the best idea. I have one 10k shield as they go for stupid amount on the market, and the rest are 4k shields, that is only my speed config, got 7 +10 speed gens and the rest are +7 and then on my other config, I have lf-3, l2- and mp-1 maxed, and mostly shields on that config. But still I stand no chance.

 
Flag Post

where are you hunting? At midnight or so, everything drops in price. Thats how I got much of my stuff b4 the skylab came in….

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by darkgoarg:

its impossible to get boxes there are just too many ppl taking them even ppl in goliths are taking them. and i have tried for week to join a clan but every time a find one it wont let my log into the world i was on and then i foget the clan name and the stupider thing is that u need credits to join a clan, i need my credits to buy stuff on the market

That happens when you Turn the X-1 map into a complete safe zone.
When it wasn’t like that there were plenty of boxes, but I guess you have to choose between total safety and bonus boxes en mass.