[Critter Forge] Wolf + Lion Tail plus a little story

81 posts

Flag Post

Oh man, few are the games that make you have to restart several, many times just so you can get past the beginner levels.

This one is such a game. I’m sure there are many other players out there who have had the urge to restart again and again trying to get the playing a little more perfect the next time round.

My first creature was a Wolf with funny teeth. I did manage to play it for a while before I thought I was losing too many games and was not making enough credits to progress on the game.

Once I learned how to reset the game to start afresh, things only got worse as I tried to play other creatures. Then I was on a reset-frenzy to try to get to my original Wolf with funny teeth, but I ended up settling for a Wolf with a lion tail and I managed to learn how to set its skills in a successful way.

Here is how I set the skills:

Skill 1: Strength, with the condition set to “when self, no Boost”.

Skill 2: Bite + Speed (later on, + Physical Damage), with condition set to “when self, stronger”.

Then I had to be humble when picking the fights in the coliseum. Going head to head against other heavy hitters produced inadequate returns. Winning half of the time is not too enticing, let alone winning less than 50% of the fights against certain creatures.

As my Wolf advanced levels, I have begun being able to save lots of credits. I mean, making 1,000s of credit seemed impossible for me in my previous attempts, and now I currently have 4,000 credits having spent over 1,200 on upgrades and a couple of sample containers.

My Wolf is still a tier 1 creature, my original starting creature for that matter, and I have barely used the items we are given at the beginning such as Energy Drink packs. I even won another of such Energy Drink packs from a game achievement for winning many games in a row: “Winning Streak – you have a creature that had at least 50 consecutive wins”.

Nice huh?

I do not really advise restarting things so many times as the point is making a creature that can kill some of the coliseum opponents consistently and to make it go over level 20 so you can win credits more easily and then to try to breed better creatures later on.

If you suspect you do not stand a good chance of beating some coliseum creature, try to refresh the coliseum creatures by going to the stable and back again to the coliseum. And if things look horrid, try to buy some better creature in the auctions in the cheap. You will just have to wait a day to get it.

Ultimately, I think most of us don’t really know how to tune well our creatures yet, and I suppose that just getting a higher tier creature is not the ultimate goal, given different skills and appendages and even traits help to make creatures better or worse. Someone with a dragon might be wanting to have a better tuned dragon for instance. I for one wonder about gorillas. I don’t really know much about every combination and creature out there.

Flag Post

A few days later I am still happy with my wolf. My wolf has just reached level 40 and I also have been able to make a second wolf with stuff I bought from the auctions.

Here’s a screenshot of my deadly pets:

Flag Post

This just showes that wolf + lion tale is the best starter creature, but I wonder, isn’t it boring to have it all easy? I personally started with a moth with claws, and now about 3 days later I have already combines enough critters to give it healling skill, in some more days I will hopefully get emoug critters to make a moer advanced critter with better skills yet… In short, working to get a good creature seems more fun that getting one for free

Flag Post

doesnt have to be a wolf, it could be anything as long it has lion’s tail.

Flag Post

I pretty much own with my two lion tailed moths. I had made a crustacean recently, but to my surprise, it didn’t have the skill lengthen ability with strengthen. I found out you need insect antennae. So I found a moth with big ole’ things sticking out of it’s head, and found a wolf with a lion tail, combined the two and now have a very flamboyant looking creature, but a powerful one, none the less. I am beginning a spider now with the two creatures, hoping to create a hydra later on.

Flag Post

I’m still learning how to better play this game. But after a few more days, I’ve progressed quite some more as per the following screenshot:

I’ve now fought against many different opponents and have completed many quests…

I used a 4 star vial to get the sample of the first raptor I came across in a safari but could not sell it in the auction (no one bought it) and cannot sell it in the market. I think the market has to accept the selling of token-only items even if it converts to credits. Just so we can get the stuff we dont just want out of our inventory without going to fruitless auctions or such.

Incredible that all my critters have lion tails huh? Still, I try to vary up how the skills are set up in eah critter so I can either test something or such. I like breeding critters that have some common appendages to avoid losing the appendage I deem important even if that egg doesnt have common appendages as I’m trying to evolve my wolves some. I like tier 1 critters.

Flag Post

I bought a Raptor sample from an auction and used it to breed a couple more of tier 2 critters which look kinda cool:

Flag Post

Cool creatures dude, I however started out with a bird. My bird is now level 23 and is totally basic, No enhancements of any sort.. But when I had started I tried to gain creatures I could breed to have a shot at making a stronger bird, I got a sample of a moth with jaws and a wolf with a lions tail (Dont ask me how I beat it, It was pure luck. It missed alot XD), I tried breeding each of these samples with my bird. And the following day my eggs hatched, I was bitterly dissapointed, I had been gifted with a Normal moth (Moth (Jaw) + Bird = Fail!) and the next egg hatched to become a No-tailed bird (Wolf (Lion tail) + Bird = Double fail!). After retireing these waste-of-time creatures I managed to collect samples from wild wolves, One with a lion tail, The resulting egg did not have a tail and ended up being a normal wolf, Which I still have today. My past few days of playing (I started playing about a week ago) have been hard, I spent a whole lot of money in a bidding war to get a lion-tailed wolf and guess what, I won! Things were looking up. I bred my bird with my lion-tailed wolf, Hoping for a lion-tailed bird or even a winged lion-tailed wolf, I recieved another Lion Tailed wolf! I am now hoping to collect samples in Auction so I can begin breeding teir 2 creatures, Yet my money is drastically low..
Well thats my story.

Flag Post

Thanks for sharing.

Here’s an updated screenshot:

I’m now working on getting better wolves or a mammoth. I really like that wolf with 5 appendages even if it is missing a horn of some sort.

I miss many of my original tier 1 critters as they are more fun to play given they regenerate stamina faster. Tier 2 critters are stronger with more PP and a third available skill but regenerate stamina twice as slow. Mammoth is tier 3 so it will be even slower to play. Still, I want a Mammoth so I can eventually own a Gorilla. Then I’ll be set. Auctions and breeding take long and we can auction just 3 items at a time, and we cannot describe the item we are auctioning to explain why some are more valuable than others, such as critter samples that can be used to breed higher tier critters.

I’m now fairly advanced in my quests. I need to beat a level 51 critter for my quest I think it’s a crocodile which uses some defensive skills (parrying), and tier 1 critters can have a problem against it. I need a tier 2 I’m happy with to beat it or a tier 1 which plays more tricks. My Frodo wolf can remove boosts of the opponent so it may be able to beat that croc when Frodo hits level 40.

Flag Post

Aww! Boots :D
I’ll try and get a screenshot when my creatures look less embarrasing next to yours..

Flag Post

Could anyone tell how the hell i can get Duration xD ive had it before but never on a wolf with lion tail and i just can’t figure out how some has it and other doesn’t even tho they have the exact same things (lion tail only fx).

Flag Post

liontail+

fuzzy antenna

claw feet

antlers

among others, gives duration

Flag Post

ah okay thanks

Flag Post

May I ask, How much does it cost to unlock creature spaces beyond the 4th space?

Flag Post

Hi guys. I’ve been a bit silent because the work on Mammoths and an eventual Gorilla take a long time. One of the eggs of my previous screenshot hatched into a female Mammoth. I used the sex changer I won from a quest reward on my cooler female Owlbear and started coupling of the two species to try and get a Gorilla. I’m now on the third generation of their coupling and have been managing to keep 5 or 6 appendages so far so the Gorilla gets those. The problem is that it will take another 3 or so breedings to get to the Gorilla I think, and I may run out of cool samples to breed them…

I have also managed to upgrade my Frodo wolf to level 40 and used it to beat the level 61 crocodile of a quest and also a level 59 critter of a following quest. It’s cool to be able to still complete quests with tier 1 critters.

My Karate Owlbear has an incredible record of 270 wins and 6 losses. All my critters have huge win/losses scores as I tend to pick easy fights, but I also like to pick some challenges every now and then. I hate when a higher tier critter of mine misses many hits against a lower critter and loses the fight. Birds are uniquely evasive for instance, and tend to hit hard. Some tier 1 critters hit way too hard and I don’t know how they do it. Maybe some cool traits or something.

The appendages that give duration I think are main Jaws and Horns. By having two of those you can extend the duration a lot, but against a heavy hitter opponent you may not be able to use that advantage. :-)

Removing the boost of opponents can be useful, but it’s a tradeoff that may not work well against all kinds of opponents.

Stalls go up in credits. I recall paying 25k for stall number 7. Stall number 8 costs 200 tokens. And I think every stall after number 8 also costs 200 tokens but I’m not entirely sure. We come with 100 tokens. Getting the extra 100 tokens from authenticating the email on Edge Bee’s site makes it possible to reach the 200 tokens needed for stall 8.

Flag Post
Originally posted by estava:

Stalls go up in credits. I recall paying 25k for stall number 7. Stall number 8 costs 200 tokens. And I think every stall after number 8 also costs 200 tokens but I’m not entirely sure. We come with 100 tokens. Getting the extra 100 tokens from authenticating the email on Edge Bee’s site makes it possible to reach the 200 tokens needed for stall 8.

Well that means Im screwed, I used my credits early on XD, Oh well.. It may be around 5k for a 4th stall I assume. Im going to have to battle more in the colliseum.. I have my plain lion-tailed wolf in Auction at the moment, And what I dont understand is, People will pay 585 for a Wolf with NO APPENDAGES at level 1!!! And they wont cough up 150 for my Lion tailed wolf at level 15!?!?!?!?
When Ive auctioned of that wolf I’ll have the space to breed my Saber toothed/Lion tailed wolf with an Antler wolf to hopefully gain the antler appendage. After that I plan on the large bird wings, But I better hope its a male..

Flag Post

I bought a Raptor sample from an auction and used it to breed a couple more of tier 2 critters which look kinda cool:

you did THAT in about a week?! :o
what kind of energy drink are you using that makes you stay on so much :o

Flag Post

I first played the game a few days before I posted for the first time on this forum. My first tries were much too painful as I didn’t know how to optimize my playing. I “abdicated” many times until I was happier with my start. Things then just played out relatively well and I was lucky when I won some awesome auctions offered by more experienced players.

I also have played this game mainly from my laptop which allows me to play it while I watch TV and sit on the couch. :-)

After a couple of heavy playing days I grew a lot tired of this game actually. I have the feeling that I have already “beaten” this game but somehow I’ve kept going. Maybe I want to see my first Gorilla out and want to keep my critters happy. :-)

It’s interesting that playing this game has made me to consume even less “energy drinks” such as soda. :-)

Flag Post

I first played the game a few days before I posted for the first time on this forum. My first tries were much too painful as I didn’t know how to optimize my playing. I “abdicated” many times until I was happier with my start. Things then just played out relatively well and I was lucky when I won some awesome auctions offered by more experienced players.

I also have played this game mainly from my laptop which allows me to play it while I watch TV and sit on the couch. :-)

After a couple of heavy playing days I grew a lot tired of this game actually. I have the feeling that I have already “beaten” this game but somehow I’ve kept going. Maybe I want to see my first Gorilla out and want to keep my critters happy. :-)

It’s interesting that playing this game has made me to consume even less “energy drinks” such as soda. :-)

One question.. You say you sit on the Couch.. Are you fat then?

Also, I have my highest level’d lion in Auction (Again, I bought it from auction) to make space for a new 3 appendage (I hope!) wolf.

Flag Post

One question.. You say you sit on the Couch.. Are you fat then?

Yes. Even though I don’t really sit straight, ’cause I use the mouse and laptop on chairs in front of me. This position is awkward and not healthy at all. ;-)

Also, I have my highest level’d lion in Auction (Again, I bought it from auction) to make space for a new 3 appendage (I hope!) wolf.

Good luck with that.

I’ve been bidding on 3 appendage wolves that have horn or lion tail with horn at least… Getting a Gorilla out has been stopped because I’m out of male Mammoths and I want a Mammoth to help with getting the appendages to the Gorilla without losing many appendages on the way.

Breeding several generations make things fairly complicated for tier 4s. Many of the tier 4s that I’ve seen don’t include many appendages.

Both of my wolves, Frodo and Boots have reached level 40. I’m now stuck in my quests ’cause the quest critter is a level 67 (calamari?) that hits hard:

Flag Post

ok now I’ve read like 30 comments about wolves with lion tail….HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET THE LION TAIL?
I didn’t see it yet and the idea I think is you you get it from a safari or something but I don’t know

Flag Post

To get lion tail you may “abdicate” the game many times to try to start with a critter that already includes it or…

Or you may buy a DNA sample or a creature that includes it from one of the auctions. Lion tails being popular means that auctions offering them are also very common.

Or you may be on the lookout when you go to Safaris and if you are lucky you may beat a creature that has one and you collect the DNA sample to breed with one of your other creatures.

When you abdicate you don’t get the tokens you spent back which is the major downside to restarting the game if you care about the tokens. If you are good at it, you can “abdicate” quite fast when you don’t start with the creature with lion tails. For instance, when the tutorial wants you to go to the market, don’t. Rather access the abdicate button in the configuration menu right away. :-)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Amorphous50:

ok now I’ve read like 30 comments about wolves with lion tail….HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET THE LION TAIL?
I didn’t see it yet and the idea I think is you you get it from a safari or something but I don’t know

You can buy a sample or lion-tailed creature at auction fairly cheaply, I auctioned a lion-tailed wolf and got 300 for it….. Stupid people….
Also you can go Safari in Black Forest, That place has many lion-tailed creatures that usually miss alot, So is great for collecting samples.
Once you have 1 or 2 lion-tail creature samples then you just set all the manipulations on Tail at the lion-tailed creature side. (If you have 2 lion tailed samples then try your hand at getting another appendage, I suggest saber teeth)

Flag Post

Time for another rant.. When will people stop putting Eggs on auction at 1000.. There all bird eggs!! I know a bird egg when I see one.. And even worse.. People bid on them! There is a bird egg currently in auction at about 1650!! I didnt even manage 300 with a level 15 lion-tail wolf! So any eggs you see make sure to message the creator ‘Your a d*ck’..

Flag Post

Lion tails are not rare. i find at least 2 at the himalayas every time and beat them with a lower leveled moth.