[Critter Forge] (Tier1)Tell the type of critter in egg!

24 posts

Flag Post

I just a moment ago made a critter egg, then decided to sell a spare DNA smple at the auction house. I clicked ‘create new auction’ and above the egg it said ‘wolf’. I already knew this as I was breeding 2 wolves but I want to know if it always works, someone please try it for me?

Edit: Ah yes I meant for tier 1 critters, higher tiers are a bit more obvious unless you haven’t bred one before.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CanOpenerCat:

I just a moment ago made a critter egg, then decided to sell a spare DNA smple at the auction house. I clicked ‘create new auction’ and above the egg it said ‘wolf’. I already knew this as I was breeding 2 wolves but I want to know if it always works, someone please try it for me?

there is a glitch for this, double click your egg, then click “rename” it will tell you which critter it is :P

Flag Post

Won’t let me rename it, so the other method only works for me. I kinda don’t want to know anymore now though, it’s like knowing what you’re getting for your birthday ahead of time.
Also, can you auction eggs? If not, why is it showing up then?

Flag Post

u can auction eggs. Ive seen purple, green, …well alot of eggs in auction before. Some most likely like tier 3 and 4 eggs since they were like 20k. I kinda like buying eggs in auction since u dont know wat ur gonna get from it.

Flag Post

Every species has their own egg color, but if you breed 2 creatures of the same tier, the egg could be the wrong color, like the green crustacean egg i made.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NK12:

Every species has their own egg color, but if you breed 2 creatures of the same tier, the egg could be the wrong color, like the green crustacean egg i made.

wrong :P
each species doesn’t have it’s own egg color :o
it’s random :O

Flag Post

Wow the rename trick works, now I don’t need to wait for the server to get auctions everytime I wanna know who is coming. But the rename will be enabled only if you have 25 tokens or more, that’s why some people can’t click rename.

The color of egg is affected by the egg’s parents, not completely random; but definitely has nothing to do with what’s in the egg.

Flag Post

Heh, that’s definitely a bug; it shows the name of my raptor, “Spike-ette”, above the crustacean egg I made, and says Spike-ette is named “Crustacean.” How incorrect.

Flag Post

This works, ive tried it.
But i dont want to, ruins the whole surprise.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ymerej135:
Originally posted by NK12:

wrong :P
each species doesn’t have it’s own egg color :o
it’s random :O

Wrong again! It’s based upon the heritage of your critters which is why breeders typically end up with eggs/critters of all 1 color

Flag Post

very true. i even have right now a croc with blue skin, like it’s raptor father, and pink eyes, which it got from it’s croc mother.

Flag Post

:O Undead thread!

Flag Post
Originally posted by BirdSpirit:

:O Undead thread!

LOL IKR

Flag Post

Lol… When i pushed create auction button in auction, above creatures showed their names, and above egg showed creature type) I dont started auc, but i know who is in the egg)

Flag Post

hi

Flag Post
Originally posted by kevinvsuper:

hi

Damn you you necromancer!!! Damn you to hell!!!!

Flag Post

i mixed a bird and a fly and i came out with a green egg

Flag Post
Originally posted by aditl:

i mixed a bird and a fly and i came out with a green egg

Until it hatches you can not tell.

Flag Post

@233981 aditl said that he got a green egg he didnt say he will get something.

Flag Post

my critter looked like a undead beholder for some reason

Flag Post

it’s most likely a glitch

Flag Post

cant access both ways to see what type it is…

Flag Post

Even if you could tell the type of egg, would it really be that useful? I understand if it was a t4 or t3, because they are expensive, and take a long time to hatch. Having the correct genetic sample type lined up would be a good idea with those, and knowing what you need is the first step, but T1? They take 6 hours to hatch, and are very cheap. Just checking…

Flag Post

i once had a tier 3 that took 22 hours to hatch _