Doomcat's and SReject's scripts to make raid links readable in chat page 2

49 posts

Flag Post

jump

Flag Post

anyone have link to the newest script? My computers hard drive crashed and i was used to the LoTS tab, i like it a lot. Thanks in advance.

Flag Post

are we ever going to see a script able to run on macs or will those of us using macs be left to wish there was such a thing?

Flag Post

@Deathtide These scripts work on any OS that supports Firefox(with greasemonkey support), Chrome and/or Opera. As I do not have a mac, I cannot bug test it for safari, therefore I won’t say my script is compatible with it :)

Flag Post

SReject or Doomcat, may I suggest the creation of another tab where the user can paste the raid link and see the info about a particular ride so people wouldn’t need to disrupt the chat rooms when they just want to see the info about alliance/guild raids?

Flag Post

Do /raid [NAME] It will show the FS and HP and such. But Space Pox info is a little off. By a little I mean 120 million FairShare for Nightmare off.

Flag Post

Thanks pikmin

Flag Post

None of these links work for me on my mac :/

Flag Post

did u try to smash your screen with your head? Maybe this works

Flag Post
Originally posted by sukit_trevek:

Try Firefox and get the Scriptish or Greasemonkey extension.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by sukit_trevek:

Get a computer instead of a frisbee next time.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I coded pretty much the entirety of doomscript with Chrome/Mac as my test browser, so I know that it works there. My testing has shown that doomscript also works in Firefox with the GreaseMonkey extension, Opera, and Rockmelt (a Chromium derivative). Safari and IE do not support scripts the same way the other browsers do, so until those browsers change, it’s unlikely that SReject or myself will get around to supporting them.

Flag Post

badda bump!

Flag Post

bump and someone should sticky this

Flag Post

bump

Flag Post

bump and thank you both for these scripts

Flag Post

bump bump bump

Flag Post

ok some features ive enjoyed from forks in dotd that id like to see in your script in LotS.

a search bar on the raids tab so i can quickly cut down list to find x or y raid.

A button to delete ALL raids on raid page.

When i right click a raid in the raid catcher list, for the ‘visited’ tickbox to become clicked without me having to do it manually. (leads to 100 more clicks in 100 raids, adds up, one of the dotd forks does this, plz do it too)

Flag Post

I’m sure those scripts would be extremely useful… if only they worked for me. I have Vista, FF w/Greasemonkey, and the installation of either of the scripts goes without a hitch (I uninstalled/removed the previously installed one before attempting to install the other).
Doomcat’s script does absolutely nothing for me, it doesn’t even create the tab.
SReject’s script creates the tab – so far so good:

…but once I click it, the whole chat window is screwed up, and no script commands work, I can’t click “Options” or “About”, either. (also, the tabs disappear so I can’t click back to normal chat):

And yes, I did reload the game AND restarted the browser.
…any ideas?

Flag Post

doomcat creates blue toolbar in top-left corner of game. first button show option window

Flag Post

putting on tumble dry lol

Flag Post
Originally posted by TarkaBear:

ok some features ive enjoyed from forks in dotd that id like to see in your script in LotS.

a search bar on the raids tab so i can quickly cut down list to find x or y raid.

A button to delete ALL raids on raid page.

When i right click a raid in the raid catcher list, for the ‘visited’ tickbox to become clicked without me having to do it manually. (leads to 100 more clicks in 100 raids, adds up, one of the dotd forks does this, plz do it too)

Okay, so, I think doomscript does just about everything you’re thinking of, it just does it differently than Raid Catcher.

If you’re looking for specific raids in your chat history, you can open the menu (above the game on the blue bar, left most icon is a windowy thing), and then using the text box in the Raids tab, type like crush|bash|miss to find a list of those raids. Or, if you’re feeling fancier, you can type {os: <5M} to list raids with Optimal Share less than 5 million. Or {fs: <5M} to find raids with fair share less than 5 million. Or {zone: 19} to find zone 19 raids. There’s more options than that, but I won’t go into them all now.

If you want to delete all raids from your script history, you can do /clearraids all. Alternatively, you can use the same filters mentioned above (name1|name2|etc or {fs} or {os} ones) like /clearraids {zone: 19} to only clear those from memory.

If you want right-click to mark raids as visited, you can open the menu (above the game on the blue bar, left most icon is a windowy thing), and then go to the Preferences Tab and turn on the “Right-click should mark raids visited.”

Note: I realize it’s been nearly a year after the post I’m quoting, but if anyone else comes across this thread, I want them to know these things are possible.