New paging raids scrollbar

25 posts

Flag Post

I’d just like to say that as a functional mechanic of the game this was a terrible decision. I’ve heard from other players they are also unhappy with this change.

I’m sure there is something functionally beneficial about it, but it makes sorting/manipulating raids you’re in excruciatingly painful. Especially if you’re searching for raids in the middle of a list.

Please have the wisdom to change it back.

Flag Post

I agree with dcish. Please change it back.

Flag Post

I wholeheartedly second this!

I can understand that you try to decrease lag, but the new system is a real pain. It makes posting many raids in chat especially annoying (since the whole list is gone after you go into a particular raid). and it makes it hard to join 10 man raids where time is of the essence.

Please change it back. Pretty please!

Flag Post

Same here!

Flag Post

agreed.

If it’s people’s raid listing refresh causing alot of the lag, then do a few of the following:

1: have the browser cache all images(not limited to just raid bosses, but all images that will be used more than once) so it only requests those that are not cached

2: Give us a drop down menu to view only raids w/ a specified boss name. Most people going through their raid list are looking for a specific raid, or raid boss. This menu should only contain raid boss names of raids in which the user as visited. It should have an “All” option, which is default, but once a raid boss name is selected it should not revert back to “All” until either the user specificely sets it at so, or logs off

3: remove some of the “make it fancy” transparency and graphics stuff from the raids’ list. A solid background for each raid would be fine with us

Flag Post

telespam™-man is not amused

i’d rather have a longer cache/refresh cooldown to help decreasing the server load than this 8[

Flag Post

bold To the Devs bold

You all know me pretty well so let me just be clear that this is for Kongregaters and not Facebook.

One of the best features of Kongregate over Facebook (and one of the reason we have a lot of facebook players coming in chat and playing with us) is that we use the chat feature to post raids.

A lot of us (Myself, Sreject, roenan, troggs, and others that I can’t recall top of my head) join a lot if not all the raids posted in chat, so that:
1) We can get our FS
2) We can share with others when they need it
3) So that if someone requests something we can let them know where it is.

The main issue I have and a few others isn’t about the scroll bar but about the ability to locate things.

Say someone is looking for Tele’s. In order for us to find we have to sort. With 100 raids in my list, finding them by any means will not put them at the top of the list.
Easiest way is sort my name descending but even then I have to expand the scroll bar a couple of times, then when I get one link, back out, I have to repeat.

This is the main concern/problem.

Unlike Facebooker’s, I doubt that they are in as many raids as we are a day (on a majority). They just don’t have as good communication as we do with Kong chat.

Also it may “reduce” lag a little bit but there is still a lot of it going on so whats a little bit? Personally I never saw any lag from it, and then last night (3-4 hours back from this post) we had a good 30 minutes of 20 sec lag spikes.

All of that being said I am proposing a couple of fixes:
1) Return the order to how it was.
2) Search bar that we can type the name of what we want.
3) Memory that remembers where we were on the scroll bar.
4) Rally Cry without having to enter into the raid.

Flag Post

Give the option to remove the goddamn pictures!

So it would like this:
| 140:15:29 |
|__________________________________________|

3 lines of information, nothing more, can even be 2 lines if you really keep it compact. This gives a better oversight and less scrolling. And images dont need need to be loaded at all. Add Srejects #2 idea and you have a near perfect raid list!

Flag Post

Please, please, do not change it back!

The new system saves me literally 2 hours/day due to reduced lag. It really makes the game so much more playable. If you can find some intermediate one that doesn’t cause huge lag and keeps the people above happy fine, but please I beg you do not change it back.

Flag Post

Change it back.
Jesus. did u test it with more than 10 raids? Sometimes “lazy” loading is not good.
Btw what i really want – that game remebers my scroll position (when quiting from raid and returning to raids list) and BUTTON “Loot all” and helicopter and 1000000 $!

Flag Post

While we’re talking about the layout of this feature, it’s also worth noting that the “summon” part is kind of a huge waste of space. You use it a few times every several days maximum, so convenience in getting to it isn’t a huge priority. But it shares almost equal space with the current raids column that you use every single time you’re on minimum.

Flag Post

also…
could you enumerate the raid list?

Flag Post
Originally posted by vandermonde:

While we’re talking about the layout of this feature, it’s also worth noting that the “summon” part is kind of a huge waste of space. You use it a few times every several days maximum, so convenience in getting to it isn’t a huge priority. But it shares almost equal space with the current raids column that you use every single time you’re on minimum.

This is a very good note. remove the box from it’s current position, expand the raid list horizontally. Make it look more like a column’ed list such as:
Name|Summoner|Damage|healthbar|timebar|#of users/#of max users|engage/loot/close

Make the columns sortable both ascending and descending, and include the afore mentioned drop menu.

Take the current raid summon box and stick it below the raid list. “But that makes the raid box smaller!”, Not to worry, because now the only images being rendered are the two bars; it’s just a spread sheet style list. Set the raid summoner box up so it’s like viewing a windows system folder; icon w/ name under it, once the pane is filled horizontally, a scrollbar is created and it moves down a row to start adding icons. For added taste, make it so the only time it gets rendered/displayed is when the user specifically wants it by clicking a button at the bottom of the raid screen somewhere. You could add the current scroll bar system to this pane, im sure it wouldn’t bother others.

Flag Post

we are planning on revamping the raid interface at some point, but not sure on the exact ETA. Concerning the recent change , it is here to to serve against lag for people that do hundreds of raids daily (either on FB which is the majority, either here on Kong) that would otherwise make the game unplayable.
We hear your concerns about difficulty in locating certain raids, but most issues can now be solved by sorting. Any other issues we are looking into and will try to fix in future releases.

Flag Post

srejects idea is brilliant. would love to see it implemented.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LenaG1:

we are planning on revamping the raid interface at some point, but not sure on the exact ETA. Concerning the recent change , it is here to to serve against lag for people that do hundreds of raids daily (either on FB which is the majority, either here on Kong) that would otherwise make the game unplayable.
We hear your concerns about difficulty in locating certain raids, but most issues can now be solved by sorting. Any other issues we are looking into and will try to fix in future releases.

Can we just get a search function? That is all I’m begging for Lena. Make it like clashes card search.

Flag Post

yay… marketing devspeak…
let’s see…

the new dynamic scroll bar does not comply with an efficient workflow within the framework of a bleeding-edge raid game. stripping scalability – the inherent nature of a scroll bar – away, poses as an immersion breaker, diametrically opposed to common design patterns and dare i say innovation.
benchmarking participation will most certainly deliver the metrics required to warrant a reiteration on this low hanging fruit.

but tip of my hat to you for the almost-disguised “FU – we’ll do other stuff instead” in the last paragraph

Flag Post

I find the new system much less enjoyable than before.

Lots of good suggestions here – I hope you can make the improvements soon rather than “at some point”.

Flag Post

The new system is actually costing some of us more time, not to mention everybody has stopped posting farm raids because of the inconvenience. Whilst I appreciate the attempt to reduce lag it’s not really saving anybody time this way, quite the opposite in fact…

Flag Post

Please change it back to the old scroll bar!

This new one is a REAL pain in the ass and it takes me almost 20-25 minutes (compared to 3-4 minutes before) to have a look at all of the raids i am in, to loot them and to take a look at the avialible loots as well if i want to hit a raid.
This new system is simply TERRIBLE! As others have mentioned, if you are looking for 2, 3 raids which are in the middle of the lists, you are screwed!

The lagging before was uncomfortable at times, but this is just taking all of the fun away……
Because, after all, WHO WANTS TO PLAY A GAME WHICH MAKES YOU SPEND THE MOST OF YOUR TIME SCROLLING THE RAID LIST UP AND DOWN AND GOING BACK AND FORTH??!

This feature of “update” did not make the game better, it made it worse………………………….!!!
(Which shouldn`t be the purpose of an update, right?!)

Please listen to the kong community and change it back, before people will rage quit the game. PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!

…thank you for your attention!

Flag Post
Originally posted by LenaG1:

It was working fine before the update yesterday. It started lagging post-update for everyone on kong.

The sort to search is a bad search solution. When i am searching for a Mermara, which is the best search function to use? If i do by name, which was previously best, i have to scroll through tons of list updates just to get to it.

Also, when it is doing updating of the list, the scroll bar jumps and you often lose control. It’s not a seamless scroll.

Flag Post

Personaly experiencing more lags than before. The above mentioned sorting is with just 8 raids being loaded …, well lets say it’s crude. This is a major joykill.
Other player may have complained about a lag every now and then but the loss of time due to the new scrollbar is much worse than what i have experience of lags in a month.
I really want the preupdate state back until the Raid tab revamp is finished.

Flag Post

It would be great to have an option in Raids page to switch off picture and have just a text list of raids on the black background:

with color indicating difficulty
1. Telemahus….HP left/hp….Time left….Members/Members max…tactics applied
2. VK…
3. VK2…

Flag Post

No replies?

If a red alert button could be put in place of the close button after you engage a raid and do damage then scrolling and loading raids wouldn’t be a huge issue anymore. I could scroll to colonels then post them one at a time efficiently, rather than opening the raid, clicking red alert, copying to chat, closing the raid, scrolling to the next colonel and repeating. Instead I could scroll to a colonel, click red alert, post, click red alert, post, click red alert, post, scroll a little and repeat. This would save a ton of time and game memory.

Flag Post

Can we do away with scroll bars altogether and just have numbered pages?

Also the fact that the list defaults back to the top every time you enter/exit a raid is a huge pain, half my scrolling is to get back to where i just was! just leave us where we were at.