Galaxy Dome

13 posts

Flag Post

How do people have over ~2500 power in galaxy dome?
And I mean as a team.
I just fought someone who had 3500 power total
with 2200 on themselves

Since no one is a high enough rank to get the power boosting buff.
How do legit people get rediculously high power?

Flag Post

They farm stat points mainly from few raids: Ragebeast, Void killer and Telemachus. Why these? Because You need to do the lowest amount of damage to get stats crafts compared to other raids.

Flag Post

Farm stats => put into attack => ??? => Profit!

Flag Post
Originally posted by MeanGun:

Farm stats => put into attack => ??? => Profit!

Farm stats → put into defence → let people attack you and lose → profit! :P

Flag Post

Personal stats help in galaxy dome?

Flag Post

Yes, since you have to put yourself in one slot, your attack and defence count when calculating your power.

Flag Post

The other people on your team have their equipment modified by the 9% or whatever to determine GD power. Your power is determined by attack + defense + equipment. As in any game, attack and defense help with PVP! )

Flag Post

Hmm, I thought you yourself were capped at a 20% bonus as well.

Flag Post

Teammates get bonus based on their stats, you always get fixed 20%. Their power is equipment*(1+bonus/100), your power is (equipment+stats)*1.2

Flag Post

Related, how does one get ahead on points? Points won or lost seem to be tied to galaxydome rank. At my current rank, I win 2 points for each win, and lose 8 for each loss. Doesn’t seem to matter how much I win or lose by, or the relative levels of targets. I get no more or less points for attacking someone 3 levels higher than me than I do for attacking someone 3 levels below me.

So, needing to win 4 times for every loss just to break even…basically it seems to be a game of luck. How often can I correctly guess the targets who don’t have crazy stats. I’m level 24 with 20 energy and 11 stamina. Everything has has been put into combat stats, but even so I can’t beat the people who are level 20 and somehow do 3 times as much damage than I do, or have superleveled teamates.

Is there something I’m missing, or is galaxydome simply a stupid game of chance?

Flag Post

How to make your team mate have higher bonus? It’s based on their stat?

Flag Post
Originally posted by LordBucket:

At my current rank, I win 2 points for each win, and lose 8 for each loss.

Stop attacking people with equal/lower rank, try hitting those with higher. This way you gain more for win and I think lose less if defeated.

How often can I correctly guess the targets who don’t have crazy stats.

Click on that persons name, then view their achivements to see how much attack/defence you can expect at least (green destroyer is 501-1000 attack, blue is 1001-2500; same for stalwart and defence).

I’m level 24 with 20 energy and 11 stamina. Everything has has been put into combat stats, but even so I can’t beat the people who are level 20 and somehow do 3 times as much damage than I do, or have superleveled teamates.

Is there something I’m missing, or is galaxydome simply a stupid game of chance?

Yes, you’re missing a lot. First of all, you don’t put anything in combat stats unless your LSI is 7. What’s this, how it is calculated and how high yours is you can see on your profile. Start farming (hitting Void Killers for 2.2FS and Telemachus for 2.3FS) to get crafts for additional stat points. Hit few zone 8 raids for Imperial Finery equipment/join alliance and work toward Legacy set to get best gear available to free players. Teammates’ level has nothing to do with their power (not directly anyway). There is sticky topic with tutorials, guide to PvP among them.

Originally posted by 2xMachina:

How to make your team mate have higher bonus? It’s based on their stat?

Yes, bonus for ranged depends on their attack (but you should always put yourself in this spot unless you def is higher than your attack), tank is based on defence (you can check who has highest on leader boards, then you need to find their Kongregate name and add them to your friends), melee is stamina and healer is energy if I recall correctly. Bonus is capped at 20%.

Flag Post

As a rule of thumb for outfitting your team:

You (ranged): highest attack gear

Healer: highest defense gear

Tank: Second highest defense gear

Melee: Third highest defense gear