Why EVERYTHING needs Suns? page 2

47 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by puynsi:

why free players cant get Items easily without loose half a year trying to get an item that its going to be useless againt cash player who keep waisting and waisting and getting stronger and stronger + “hard to get even with GD

…lolololol. Sorry, this isn’t true at all and it just shows how new and impatient you are. Not even two months in and I’ve got Imperial Finery armor (41/41 w/ 14 energy), terminator gauntlets (44/30 w/ +6 honor), and a number of other 30 items. I’ve beaten quite a number of “GS-item users” in Galaxy Dome as well.

And when I’m satisfied with my stamina level I’ll start farming for energy and start getting the legends actively. Azrael Battle Cuirass (80/72) is really easy to get if you get on every day and have lots of energy/stamina (or items that add to energy/stamina) since 5/6 items to make it, iirc, are in zone 7 or zone 8. Same goes for the Emperor’s Signet (63/63) trinket.

And I’ve gotten 4/6 of the Cloorian items via attacking raids advertised in chat that I can’t summon for myself.

The only “legends” that are hard to get, imho, are the ones that require you to use specific loot from other raids or zones during attacks against another raid (or, in other words, “equip item/ship x and/or crew/officer y while attacking raid z”) in order to get a chance at the drop. And that’s only really because it’s a pain to get some of the items/officers/crew/ships.

Flag Post
Originally posted by VaticToxic:
Azrael Battle Cuirass (80/72) is really easy to get

Let me stop you right there. Easy? Are you kidding me? Are you frakking kidding me?!?!? It took me about 2 weeks to get last bloody fragment. Over 60k energy in one week wasted on repeating Sun Xi. Lupin, Ramiro, Quib and Nemo all dropped theirs on first try. But it took 13 tries on normal, 1 on hard and finally 14th on normal (15 total) to get green part from Sun Xi. That’s average 3.8 boss kill to get single part. So no, it’s not easy by a long shot. I almost quit LoTS out of frustration. Obviously, it was totally worth it, since I was 3rd player (after gruntar and dcish) and 1st free player on Kongregate to obtain them. :D
And don’t even get me started on Emperor’s Signet (cleared z8 once, not even single part dropped) or Mask of Vengeance (people from FB report that parts drop only from NM bosses and very rarely). I’m not saying you’re wrong, free players can easily compete with average spenders and best items in game are free (with small exceptions coughBrutalitycough), but putting “easy” and “legendaries” is same sentence is serious misunderstanding. :P

Also, I already stated facts in my earlier post, which Poor QQ Squad decided to ignore: best lvl up items are free, best items full stop are free and take same amount of time to obtain for both paying and free players (unless someone spends serious money on refills), Galaxy Dome is both useless and mostly depends on stats and not items. Last but not least: grow up kids, EVERY SINGLE MMO has same business model: real money = advantage. One of main reasons why I love LoTS is that it is most free-player friendly game I’ve ever seen and difference between free and GS stuff is abysmall compared to other games.

Flag Post

Nice way to quote something out of context and then blow up at me. Srsly, plz use reading comprehension for the entire sentence, not just one part, next time. There are some big conditionals there dude. Especially in the following paragraphs.

But nice way to be all “LET’S JUMP THE GUN” about something there dude.

Flag Post

Dear LoTD Staff, please give me level 999 and best equipment when I create my account, thank you!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Egnar:

Dear LoTD Staff, please give me level 999 and best equipment when I create my account, thank you!

Me too me too! Oh and I want to ask for 9M free GS too in case more GS only items come out ^^ Then we can all be free players with the best gear and best builds. Everyone will be happy! Or just quit the game out of boredom…

Flag Post
Originally posted by VaticToxic:

Srsly, plz use reading comprehension

Seriously, use proper english instead of however you call that gibberish.

the entire sentence

OK, here it is:

Azrael Battle Cuirass (80/72) is really easy to get if you get on every day and have lots of energy/stamina (or items that add to energy/stamina) since 5/6 items to make it, iirc, are in zone 7 or zone 8.

There are some big conditionals there dude.

“if you get on every day” is big conditional? Most players log on multiple times a day. “have lots of energy”? That’s not big conditional, it’s gargantuan understatement. I hunted for last part for over 40 levels while having over 1k energy. People who were in z5 while I was in 7 (because they invested in stamina and not energy like me) are now finishing (or already did) zone 9 while I’m just starting it. That’s how long it took. If you have LOTS of energy you’ll get it eventually, but it will not be “really easy” no matter how many conditionals you add.

Especially in the following paragraphs.

Following paragraphs have nothing to do with Azrael, so they’re irrevelant. But let’s look at them just for lulz.

The only “legends” that are hard to get, imho, are the ones that require you to use specific loot from other raids or zones(…)

Once again you’re claiming ABC is not hard to get. Guess what? You’re wrong.

But nice way to be all “LET’S JUMP THE GUN” about something there dude.

It took me 2 weeks of logging in few times a day to kill Sun Xi, reset area, kill her again, reset again and again. It took a lot of effort and dedication on my part. You just pop in and claim it’s “really easy”. It’s insulting.

Flag Post

Alright I’m a free user and its not hard to lose. People complain about getting beat by a surprise GS user. You can check them out before you battle. See what gear they have before you make a mistake and lose. I don’t lose that much when it comes down to it. I choose my battles and not just the attack button on every person. Its not hard to not lose. Just play smart. You don’t need the strongest items to win. I have 95 attack and it goes a long way. I’m level 65 and its very helpful. So stop whining and complaining about not being able to get GS items and that you lose. Just play the game and shut up. I will say that the shop sucks though. After level 3 I haven’t needed it until this latest update (new ship that gave me a lot of new options). There are many ways to make GS and you can get a lot of different items anyway. So stop complaining and grow up.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Seizan_7:

Seriously, use proper english instead of however you call that gibberish.

Why would I? Just because you are offended doesn’t mean I have to care, does it? You aren’t a mod and a little bit of abbreviations never killed anybody. it not liek i do dis al da tiem, eh?

“if you get on every day” is big conditional? Most players log on multiple times a day. “have lots of energy”? That’s not big conditional, it’s gargantuan understatement. I hunted for last part for over 40 levels while having over 1k energy. People who were in z5 while I was in 7 (because they invested in stamina and not energy like me) are now finishing (or already did) zone 9 while I’m just starting it. That’s how long it took. If you have LOTS of energy you’ll get it eventually, but it will not be “really easy” no matter how many conditionals you add.

Yes it’s a big conditional. It’s not like you’re likely going to get ABC if you don’t get on for months or weeks at a time. At least, not anytime soon.

Forty levels could be anything like maybe a week from what I hear of “big shot” players, so that doesn’t impress me at all. So that’s 40k energy at least? I expected it to require somewhere around 500k, so yeah in my mind it’s easy, time consuming, and mind numbingly boring to do over and over again, and probably incredibly frustrating when one doesn’t seem to have much patience, but easy.

Considering that when I hear legendary I expect somewhere along the lines of six months in most games to even start getting prerequisites that are required to start getting parts for it, and that in most games I’ve seen legends aren’t exactly this straight forward? Yeah, these legendaries are “really easy” in my mind.

Probably not when taken only in the context of this game, but humans often have expectations and are incredibly flawed beings and I’m definitely no different.

Following paragraphs have nothing to do with Azrael, so they’re irrevelant. But let’s look at them just for lulz.

Yes, because talking about other legend items obviously has NOTHING to do with another legend item.

Once again you’re claiming ABC is not hard to get. Guess what? You’re wrong.

In comparison? Yeah, but everything can be said to be “easy to get” in comparison to another thing. To me having to get prerequisite items, then having to equip those specific items and then attack with a specific raid with them on is more hard than having to do the same thing over and over again. Even more so for the people that didn’t have guides to help them. Again, this is my opinion.

It took me 2 weeks of logging in few times a day to kill Sun Xi, reset area, kill her again, reset again and again. It took a lot of effort and dedication on my part. You just pop in and claim it’s “really easy”. It’s insulting.

To what? Your pride? Get over it. This is the internet. Pride has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Flag Post

The cash bought things in the shop are WAY better than their credit counterparts. Ex.: Healing injection credit version – 2k, heals 20; suns version – 2sun, heals 100. That’s 500% FIVE HUNDRED times as better as the credit counterpart. All the other items follows the same 500% better pattern on the suns counterpart.

facepalm did mummy and daddy never teach you basic maths? 500% is NOT 500 lots of something, it is 5 times.
For example 500% of 2 ponies is 10 ponies, 500 lots of 2 ponies is 1000ponies. Thats a difference of 990 ponies.

Flag Post

Having attempted to get the 2nd and 4th pieces of the azrael battle cuirass 8 times each on normal with no luck, i gotta agree with seizan. There are so many useful things to hunt for with energy, as well as new missions to progress through, that spending time farming for this armor is quite a setback. i’m sure it will be worth it, but i’ve been at it for over a week and might spend several more on it.

Flag Post

@mcarthur try doing it on legendary or nightmare mode. The drop rate is higher.

Flag Post

Yeah, that’s the next step, especially for 7-2. was worried about being able to defeat the bosses on tougher difficulties, but i’ve been pumping health for z8 so it should be fine.

Flag Post

also, it seems to take considerably more energy to complete on higher difficulties. not sure how much this offsets the increased drop rate

Flag Post

droprate scales to 100% at NM

Flag Post

Being here for special raids like infestation helps. This is a fine game.

Flag Post

I don’t want to join in the bashing and whining. But I strongly have to root for the game and the devs here.
I have played many “free to play” games, but LotS is the “most free” and fairest of them all. There are so many ways to get free suns that a non-paying player can save up for some stuff he/she wants.

Also, like many already pointed out, there is more than enough stuff you can get for free that is equally good as GS stuff (Legacy Armor for example).

If the devs don’t make money off the game, there will be no game.

I bet everybody whining about this game to show me a better one.

Other perks of this game: great story, devs are actually listening to the players and there is always sth new after updates every 2 weeks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Res3nt:

Proof or you’re just another troll. Only thing that has 100% drop rate on NM is item unique for each boss. Crafts are random on all difficulties.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Seizan_7:

Proof or you’re just another troll. Only thing that has 100% drop rate on NM is item unique for each boss. Crafts are random on all difficulties.

i cant resist asking if you’ve never had anyone explain to you what the word troll means.

Flag Post

You know, people with jobs progress through life a lot faster than people that stay in the basement all day.

Flag Post

i cant resist asking if you’ve never had anyone explain to you what the word troll means.

It is, among many other things, dumbass who post lies and unproven hypothesis as truth. Spreading misinformation is as bad as regular trolling. Check your facts, then post, do not pull numbers out of your ass.

Troll:
As used on the Internet:

1) As a verb, the practice of trying to lure other Internet users into sending responses to carefully-designed incorrect statements(…)
Source

There. Next time I’ll just respond with classic “not sure if troll or just stupid” meme, if that makes you happy. Because claiming that random drop has 100% chance on NM falls into one of those two categories.

Flag Post

Arent you able to comprehend the difference between “luring/baiting others with carefully designed incorrect statements” and “posting unproven hypothesis”?
How about you get your sad internet rage treated by doctors? True, your forum-gangsta attitude is amusing but LoTS forums shouldnt be abount unnecessary flaming, should it?

Flag Post

The best gear in game is free. Only dedicated players get it not the people who pay suns and leave. all the best stuff is free. Check the best players in game they have a few bought items which hell the levels they r they coulda earnt the suns. But most of there stuff is ledgendary gear which they earnt from hard work and is actually far better than there sun counterparts.