Small raids and BtR

8 posts

Flag Post

Since so many people apply BtR on small raids right from beginning, I decided to tell you why it’s a bad idea. Let’s start with couple facts:
- Assuming you do optimal dmg (1.25 FS) you most likely end up with 2/2/2/3 loot distribution; 3/2/2/3 with BtR applied (epic/rare/uncommon/common).
- Esprit de Corps + Supressive Fire give 44.9% dmg increase.

EdC+SF saves you almost 50% of resource (stamina or honour) required to reach your target dmg. Which means you could do 3 raids using roughly same amount of resources as person who hits 2 raids with BtR applied from start.
Total loot from 2 raids with BtR: 6/4/4/6. Total loot from 3 raids with EdC+SF: 6/6/6/9. Even if we take into consideration that EdC+SF gives 45% increase and not 50% and BtR can go with Thousand Cuts (5% dmg increase) we’re still looking at 40% resource savings. 10 raids with BtR: 30/20/20/30, 14 raids without: 28/28/28/42. You’re trading 1 less epic for 4 more rares and uncommons and 6 commons.
As you can see, it’s best to start small alliance raids with EdC+SF and switch to BtR once they’re close to death. General raids are little trickier, since they have cooldown. Those with very low hp (Ragebeasts) are better with BtR right from start, but others are better with EdC+SF and switch to BtR when they’re close to death/before you make them public. Since they’re in high demand it’s easy to share them only with people who are smart/patient enough to wait for BtR before making final blow.
Summary: start small raids with EdC+SF, switch to BtR once they’re close to end or you want to share them with general population.

Edit: Since there is some confusion, above post in a nutshell:

On alliance raids it’s always better to start with EdC+SF, even if you can’t make switch you’re still better than starting with BtR.
On general raids start with EdC+SF, switch to BtR before releasing it to public.

Flag Post

Very nice. If the chances to find the summoner were greater than 5% then I’d say this idea would work very very well.

If we don’t hit FS on a raid to try for uncommon/rare loot will btr increase that likelihood?

Flag Post

Btr increase the loot gained from a raid by 1 total, random category

Also, for general small raids, always have btr on before making it public(if you plan to do at all)…it will go down in seconds usally…

Flag Post

Yeah, it sounds neat, but I guess the micro-managing/time problem, let alone finding the summoner is too risky.
I’m with Gruntar on this. Better butter it right away.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fair_play:

If the chances to find the summoner were greater than 5%

Originally posted by MeanGun:
let alone finding the summoner is too risky.

Failed spot check or didn’t put skill points in reading comprehension?

Originally posted by Seizan_7:
Summary: start small raids with EdC+SF, switch to BtR once they’re close to end or you want to share them with general population.

It’s advice for people summoning raids. How exactly I have 5% to find myself? Please, re-read this once again. You might also check part when I say about sharing small raids with smart people/people you know/trusted alliance members who can wait for BtR.

Originally posted by gruntarswe:

Btr increase the loot gained from a raid by 1 total, random category

As long as you do so called “optimal” dmg, in most cases (too early for numbers, but I suspect 90-95%) loot distribution is 3/2/2/3. I collected data from over 1000 (actually it might be close to 2000 now) raids. What’s your source?

I like how you all missed the point, guess I’ll have to edit first post.

On alliance raids it’s always better to start with EdC+SF, even if you can’t make switch you’re still better than with BtR.
On general raids start with EdC+SF, switch to BtR before releasing it to public.

Flag Post

That was more of a respones to Fair_play, about what btr gives if you do less than FS ^^

Too lazy to use quotes or @ most of the time ^^

Flag Post

Can you gives us your data on optimal vs FS gains? I’ve never seen anything but guesses when it comes to uncommon drops.

Flag Post

Speaking of general raids, the amount of people with BTR tactic in this game take up a very minor part of the playerbase. Switching to BTR before release is possible only for selected few of us. Even completing EdC+SF before release might be problematic. Another thing is that 1.)BTR gives constant boost to every single hitter of the raid, not just the ones able to do opt damage in time (at most stam ten-raids, people are lucky enough to get their hit in, 1stam hitting to make opt before it gets killed is equal to hitting jackpot)
2.)HP of small raids is low, some of us on raids like ragebeast hit opt with 5 stam or so. saving 1 stam is much less of a win than the guaranteed extra loot.