What tactics do I add to raids? A helpful explanation page 2

63 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Molotov_Matt:

I think people should be less stingy about tactics, but ah well…good guide anyway.

Bad tactics make raids fail and waste everyone’s stamina. If there was unlimited tactics, or you could vote down bad tactics it’d be one thing, but you can’t, and you can’t usually get a hold of the raid summoner either.

Originally posted by nevetsthereaper:
Originally posted by dubloe7:

The other tactic I would like to talk about is Pursuit of Excellence, or PoE. As a general rule, don’t play it. It doesn’t work if your LSI (shown on your profile page) is above 6.5, and a majority of the players are over 6.5, so it is useless to most people.

Any proof or evidence for this lack of statistic? Or is this an assumption?

I don’t really know where I would get evidence, but I can guarantee you that it’s correct. At least, before the onslaught of newbies because of the badges. What there is evidence of is that the smartest way to play for the vast majority of players is to get your LSI up to 7 as fast as possible.

Flag Post

Essentially, what I get from this article, is don’t add any tactics, because certain players have figured out what works for them. Apparently, newer players be warned, adding any tactic, which could be removed by the raid caller, is a taboo and should not be done.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Argonaethsis:

Essentially, what I get from this article, is don’t add any tactics, because certain players have figured out what works for them. Apparently, newer players be warned, adding any tactic, which could be removed by the raid caller, is a taboo and should not be done.

What you should get out of this article is, basically only play the EdC chain on most raids, or AW on 10 man raids.

Note that most of the tactics in the EdC chain are early game tactics and easy to get, so it’s not like you have to be level 500 to get them. Beyond that, yes, the best thing to do is to not add tactics, because certain players have figured out what works best for the entire game.

I would also like to point out that in my experience, most people don’t check up on their raids too much after making them public. So relying on the summoner to remove the craptics you added because you wanted to save 1-2 stam is not a good policy.

Flag Post

AW on 1 man raids.

Flag Post

I don’t really know where I would get evidence, but I can guarantee you that it’s correct.

Last time i checked, a guarantee is verifiable in some way. Maybe get a hold of the creators and find out the actual numbers. Probably total number of players, and how many in level groups, 1-100, 101-200, etc. After that, you can have a real statistic that is verifiable and indisputable. It might also be useful to see if they have any information on the Lsi of players, and the percentage of players above and below VS. level.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Uh… Because I never pretended to know the facts? Excuse me, this must be some sort of new custom I’m not aware of. I thought that statistics needed facts, solid evidence, and maybe even logic to back them up. My mistake.

Flag Post

Your mistake indeed. This isn’t a scientific journal. It’s a gaming community. I looked at your other comments and you seem to be a pretty reasonable, caring guy generally. I apologize for using the term dick, I think it doesn’t describe you. But OP is offering his helpful experience, which is more information than either of us had before he posted.

Flag Post

You’re right. Dubloe, I’m sorry.

Flag Post

awsome posts- i been droppin tactics like a madman! i’m gonna quit now

Flag Post

I made a list of the best ones, sorted. Simply because the EdC chain isn’t the best anymore.
http://pastebin.com/4kcPPGpL

Flag Post

What tactic make up the EdC chain?

Flag Post

Esprit de Corp, Flank Attack, Suppressive Fire

Flag Post

nice post, thanks for the info man

Flag Post
Originally posted by axolotl:

Esprit de Corp, Flank Attack, Suppressive Fire

+ Preparation

Flag Post

As I mentioned in chat, personally, I feel EdC should be prioritised first, then followed by SF.

Your argument that SF should be put up first is that should players follow up with crap tactics, at least you still have SF.

Which, without the EdC chain, might as well be another crap tactic.

Which to quote you, will “save 1-2 stam”

SF is likely the 2nd tactic that most players will get. It’s pretty much a tactic that just about anyone will have.

By placing EdC first, the next player who comes along, if he knows his tactics, will be able to play SF.

And if he doesn’t?

“Hmm, I have two tactics, SF and Space Raiders. But the summoner already played SF. I guess having a tactic is better than none, so I’ll play Space Raiders”

^ We avoid this.

“Hmm, I have two tactics, SF and Space Raiders. Which one should I play?”

^ For this.

Flag Post

Yeah, I prefer EDC => SF => FA => Prep too.

Flag Post

Better to receive

Flag Post

Supressive Fire + Esprit de Corps + Flank Attack + Preparation, in that order.

Flag Post

le bump.

Flag Post

Just wondering about Trick or Treat, is that completely useless too?

Flag Post

Also, Is Scorched earth+Total war completely useless?

Flag Post
Originally posted by papvin:

Just wondering about Trick or Treat, is that completely useless too?

ToT isn’t useless at all. When it procs, your damage increases tremendously. If I hit 1mil dmg, a ToT proc will bring it to 6-8mil.

Flag Post

how about lightning assault