Khemri's LoTS Forum

76 posts

Flag Post

Click here to join the alliance if you are interested.

Announcement

WR is over. Back to normal business.

Here are the patch notes for the week of April 24, 2013.

Here is The State of the Game for April 2013.

As always, if you need any help or have any questions, feel free to send me a Private Message on my Kongregate Profile.

Forum Rules

Please note that all postings here must abide by Kongregate’s Forum rules set forth here. If you aren’t sure of something, please read this to make sure your post won’t be deleted. All of them are very friendly from my experience, and will be glad to help, ESPECIALLY if you are showing interest in abiding by forum rules.

Second, this forum is primarily used for communication among members of Khemri that are too cumbersome to fit inside Alliance chat, such as a list of helpful websites, what raid(s) will be summoned next, etc. Other people/Alliances are of course allowed to view messages here (not like I can stop you), but please do not post anything here. If you would like to make a suggestion, feel free to Private Message my Kongregate Profile.

Finally, please post your LoTS name at the end of everyone of your posts, so that if someone DOES try to be a troll and do/say something stupid, everyone will know what is really going on.

Tommy

Helpful Links

Here are some helpful links for starting the game off:

1. cconoly.com/lots has a list of raids being posted publicly in all chat rooms or before you logged on.

2. A Newbie Guide by Godbot3000

3. An Intermediate Guide also by Godbot3000

4. Tactics that should be used in raids. Basically, it says to use EdC chain for all 50, 100, 250, or 500 man raids, Asymmetrical Warfare for Personal and 10 man raids, and to never use Pursuit of Excellence unless you are the one who started the raid, or the raid creator asked for it to be put up.

5. Best items against World Raids.

Userscripts that are highly suggested for this game are:

1. Doomcat’s LoTS Raid Link Helper for Chat by Doomcat, which formats Kongregate’s chat to allow you to see the name of the raid, it’s FS/OS, if you have visited it before, and even keeps a record of raids that have been posted in chat.

2. Quickfriend also by Doomcat, which allows you to add everyone in the chat room as your friend. This is very useful when going for the fleet badge. Note that you will have to refresh Firefox after installing this script if you are using it.

The following two links work together:
3. LoTS Raid Link Gatherer by cconoly gathers all public posted raids, and sends them to a database.

4. "LoTS Kongregate Raid List’:http://cconoly.com/lots/ also by cconoly displays all of the gathered data.

5. Raid Poster/Loader by SReject, which allows you to upload raids from pastebin or LoTS Kongregate Raid List to chat, or load them into the game so that you don’t have to copy/paste multiple raids individually.

It is suggested you have both Doomcat’s and cconoly’s scripts, as Doomcat’s allows you to see live what raids are being posted, while cconoly’s allows you to see what raids are being posted in other chat rooms or before you logged on.

Wikia

There is a Wikia for this game. It can be found at http://zoywiki.com/index.php/LotS. This will have almost everything you could possibly need to know about this game. Want to know what items are needed for getting the legendary Dragoncycle? Do a search, and you’ll find the items needed here. Want to know which Alliance raids have Novocastrian Armor for progressing through Zone 9? Go to http://zoywiki.com/index.php/LotS/missions/Scaean_Gates, and you’ll see how which items are needed, and by clicking on them you will see which raids drop them. Want to know the FS/OS of an Alliance raid before summoning it, and how much health and time the raid will have? A link for those can also by found on the main page on the left had side, under Alliance Raids.

Legacy of a Thousand Suns Official Website

Want to find out about upcoming events, patch notes, and other forums for LoTS beside on Kongregate? http://www.legacyofathousandsuns.com/suns/forum/ has all the official news you could ever need.

Alliance Rules

There aren’t too many alliance rules, only seven. I’ve mentioned all of these on or off before (except possibly the first one, which so far people have been following anyway), but I’m going to list them all here for new people. Of these six rules, the first four are absolute and will never change, while the other three may change depending on the circumstances.

1. The first Alliance rule is to be mature, and not to use (ironically) mature language in Alliance chat. If you follow the same rules as Kongregate chat or Kongreate Forum rules, everything will be fine.
2. If you want to summon a raid, or have someone else do it, please make sure the Alliance can handle a new raid. Not a big concern usually, but a big deal if Wahsh or Psi-Hound is up.
3. Any level player is welcome.
4. If you are going to be gone from the game for a long time, like more than a month, but WILL be coming back, make sure to send me a Private Message on my Kongregate or in-game profile about when you will be coming back (I don’t need to know why you are temporarily leaving, just let me know it is only temporary.) If you don’t do that, I’ll assume you have grown bored of the game and won’t be coming back, and you will be removed from the Alliance so other people can join.

The following three rules may change IF there is repeated breaking of the previous three rules.
5. Player’s who join who are Lv. 100+, or member who reach 100+, will become Officers.
6. All other people will be promoted to Soldier when they are accepted into the Alliance.
7. These are the following Permissions an Alliance Leader MAY give out to each rank, and what I have given out.
Approve/Deny Applications: Officers have this ability.
Summon Enemies: Officers have this ability.
Promote/Demote/Kick: Officers have this ability. If they accept an application for the guild, they have to promote them to Soldier.
Change Announcement: Officers have this ability.
Change Permissions: I have reserved this right to myself only.
Remove Tactic: Soldiers and Officers can do this. IMO, 5th Planet Games should allow raid creators to choose whether to allow other people to remove tactics or not, and to lock down certain ones that the creator definitely wants to keep, but oh well.

Miscellaneous

Some misc information. If you want to post a raid privately to someone in-game, or post it in Alliance chat, you only need the “kv_raid_id” and after posted. This can be done by clicking the Red Alert Button for a raid, pasting it in chat or the URL, deleting everything before “kv_raid_id”, then copying that into the message or Alliance chat.

Another very useful thing is http://www.kongregate.com/pages/formatting, which will show how to format posts in this thread. If you want to do things like make links that only involve clicking a single or several words, making bold or italicized words, even making headers, boxes like this and the previous paragraph are in, or even posting images, then that page will explain everything. Then again, the rest of the posts should be simple, but if you want to post a screenshot in this forum, then that page will show you how.

Ok, that’s everything. Again, if you need any help or have any questions, feel free to send me a Private Message on my Kongregate Profile.

Tommy

Flag Post

Phew, that was a lot of writing. That first post I did took 2 and 1/2 hours to find all the links, organize, and do all the formatting. Feel free to post any long discussions/questions you may have.

Tommy

Flag Post

Thanks for all your hard work Tommy :D

JohnHarr

Flag Post

Update for Announcement

There is a PvP Event going on all week. Win battles in Duel and Skirmish using 1 Stamina, or Beatdown using 1 Honor, and you may win an extra Galaxy Dome Ticket. If you win in Galaxy Dome, instead of getting Medals, you will get Fusion Crystals, including possibly Red ones!

There will be a World Raid this Friday. Information on the raid can be found by following this link.

Original Post

Flag Post

Regarding “Tactics that should be used in raids”, there are a couple of points that I disagree with.

1. I feel it overrates the Flank Attack portion of the EdC chain. The appeal of the EdC chain is that few tactics can compare with it. The keyword being few. For raids with 4 or 5 tactics slots, there just aren’t enough tactics that can replace it (unless it’s a Normal Psi-Hound, in which case Angel of Death, Bio Warfare, Psi-eye, and EdC coupled with SF would be the best tactics to use, damage-wise. But I digress). So yes, use it.

But for raids with 3 tactics slots, there are a number of tactics that would be more effective, though most of these are situational. And there are a few tactics, like Take a Chance, that have other benefits that might be worth that third slot as well.

So Flank Attack should get that third slot only if you have nothing better.

2. Since we can remove tactics for alliance raids, and we consist largely of relatively new players, the priority for which tactic to put up should be based on rarity E.g EdC first, followed by Flank Attack , and then Suppressive Fire. The reasoning being that not everyone will have gotten EdC or Flank Attack yet, but just about anyone will be able to put up a SF. However, this only applies for alliance raids

Flag Post
Originally posted by iakul:

Regarding “Tactics that should be used in raids”, there are a couple of points that I disagree with.

1. I feel it overrates the Flank Attack portion of the EdC chain. The appeal of the EdC chain is that few tactics can compare with it. The keyword being few. For raids with 4 or 5 tactics slots, there just aren’t enough tactics that can replace it (unless it’s a Normal Psi-Hound, in which case Angel of Death, Bio Warfare, Psi-eye, and EdC coupled with SF would be the best tactics to use, damage-wise. But I digress). So yes, use it.

But for raids with 3 tactics slots, there are a number of tactics that would be more effective, though most of these are situational. And there are a few tactics, like Take a Chance, that have other benefits that might be worth that third slot as well.

So Flank Attack should get that third slot only if you have nothing better.

2. Since we can remove tactics for alliance raids, and we consist largely of relatively new players, the priority for which tactic to put up should be based on rarity E.g EdC first, followed by Flank Attack , and then Suppressive Fire. The reasoning being that not everyone will have gotten EdC or Flank Attack yet, but just about anyone will be able to put up a SF. However, this only applies for alliance raids

The tactic listing is mostly so people know which tactics should be up. Since there are a lot of people, more than one person is going to have each of the tactics. The only possible problem is 10 man raids, but that only requires AW.
Tommy

Flag Post

Yes, it’s not going to be much of an issue. But the reasoning given for which tactic to apply first was based on players tending to occupy slots with useless tactics, disrupting the EdC chain. Since we can remove tactics for alliance raids, this is a non-issue, so we might as well prioritise getting tactics set up as fast as possible.

Flag Post

Nice ally! Good luck to all you guys!

Flag Post

Update for Announcement

Go here to vote for tactics for WR tomorrow: http://www.legacyofathousandsuns.com/forum/showthread.php?10572-Kraken-World-Raid-Tactics-Poll
Tommy

Original Post

Flag Post

Update for Announcement

Loot table released for Kraken. http://www.legacyofathousandsuns.com/forum/showthread.php?10585

Tommy

Original Post

Flag Post

Link for the Kraken WR if people are having trouble finding it:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/5thPlanetGames/legacy-of-a-thousand-suns?kv_action_type=raidhelp&kv_difficulty=1&kv_hash=oAoUCIzQv9&kv_raid_boss=kraken&kv_raid_id=5489589

-ty

Flag Post

Hey guys please can i have some advice?

Would you suggest i try and find a discipline officer, or work on improving crew of TALOS ship?

Flag Post

I looked at the specs for both “TALOS ships” and I didn’t find anything that had a Discipline officer restriction.

Which ship is it exactly?

Flag Post

From what I understand, we are going to do another big scale alliance raid after the WR, and so far, the ones that have been brought up are Wahsh Rematch, and Psi-hound Round 2.

Shall we do an (informal) vote on it?

Personally, I prefer the Psi-hound, because

1) I think "Everyone, go hit that pup-, erm, I mean vicious looking hellhound " is more fun than "People, if you don’t hit over x damage, don’t join the raid. There’s only x slots available "

2) It would be nice to see how much Psi-eye helps. I’m thinking that killing it in 2 days(48 hrs) is quite possible.

3) I’m a cat person.

Iakul

Flag Post

@Iakul: Sure, Psi-Hound sounds great. Besides, people will be needing the special loot it drops soon to craft the Version 2 of Officers and Crew.

Mostly, we’re at the point where we’re summoning raids people need to get good tactics, gear to get through Zone 9, farming legendaries, etc. Psi-Hound would definitely be useful. I’m not sure how much Wahsh is going to be useful for people anytime soon though.

Tommy

Flag Post

Guide on how to get better Items, Ships, Officers, and Crew once you are past Tagging Raids

You can find that information in the wiki. Go to http://zoywiki.com/index.php/LotS. In the middle of the page will be a list of links to different items, Main Hand, Off Hand, Helmet, etc. If you click on those, for this example the Helmet link, you will be brought to a page that lists all the items for that slot. If you go to one of them, on the top of the list will be some up/down arrows beside AV (which stands for Attack Value). Click the arrows twice to sort the list from highest to lowest for Helmets with the best stats.

Now, let’s say you have Sludge Scale Goggles as your best Helmet. What you want to do then is look a the far right column. That column lists where you can get the items. The places you can get them will be color coded. Yellow for raids, green for Mission Bosses, blue for Lab, etc. Since the easiest items to get are from raids, you want to scroll up the page, and look for yellow links that are not World Raids. If you do that, you will see Niflung Boar, G. Rahn, Guan Yu, and Cyborg Shark all drop Helmets with better stats than the one you currently have. If you click on the links for those raids though, you will see that Niflung Boar has a very high OS=24m. But the other three have relatively low OS. So you should try to farm G. Rahn, Guan Yu, and Cyborg Shark for one of the Helmet pieces.

Repeat this for all your other equipment. You can also do this for Officers, Crew, and Ships. If you go back to the first page, you should see a link for Ships, Officers, and Crew right below the list of Items. Go to those pages, and again repeat the same steps for each.

Once you have the best items you can get from raids, all that is left is to do damage in WR, and to craft better items, ships, officers, or crew. You can then look and see what mats you need by clicking on the blue links on the right side of the page.

After that, just start hitting farm raids. Those are raids that drop a lot of materials that can be used to make Stat Points. This link has all the raids listed from best to worst for raids to farm SP. Keep farming those while hitting raids that drop Lab mats, and you will get a very high amount of raid damage, and you will be able to progress in PvP.

Tommy

Flag Post

As far as I’m aware, the only way to check which raids have increased loot this week is to reload the game and view the announcements.

So I thought it would be a good idea to have the list somewhere else.

Besalaad Warmaster
Nemo
Dule’s Robot
Natasha Cybersmash
Agony and Ecstasy
Robotic Rautha 2.0
Terminus Death Squad
Purple Lion

Iakul

Flag Post

How about having own chat?
I mean if anybody knows site with chatrooms we can have own “guild-chat” and I think it will be better than the in-game one. Sometimes it is necessary to talk witch ppl and get their opinion fast. Chat provides this facility.

Flag Post

I don’t know of any, but I agree that is a good idea. If anyone knows of one, PM me or post it here in this forum. I check both often.

Tommy

Flag Post

http://www.chatzy.com/33911445061093 <<here it is – our very first guild chat!

password is Khemri

huh, this one is no longer available (had 10 ppl cap )

now our chat will be at
http://xat.com/khemri

note, that it can change if we will find really nice looking one. This one is a bit childish, but hasn’t got any CAP for chatting ppl (i hope :/)

Flag Post

Update for Announcement

Rare Spawn Raging Snowman up! Started 2:12 PM EST on 12-10-2012 and goes for 24 hours until 2:12 PM on 12-11-2012.

Direct link for Raging Snowman.

Direct link to Loot Table.

Link to LoTS website forum post.

Tommy

Original Post

Flag Post

Update for Announcement

Rare Spawn Raging Snowman dead. Back to normal business.

Tommy

Original Post

Flag Post

Update for Announcement

Here are the patch notes for the week.

Biggest piece of news in the notes is Vorden, Blood Alley Gang, Kelovar Assassin, Scarlet Harlot, Caligula, Mermara, and Justice now give extra loot all week. Since Justice is the only one that is an Alliance Raid, expect that to be summoned a lot this week in our Alliance.

Tommy

Original Post

Flag Post

Update for Announcement

Rare Spawn Raging Snowman up again!

Direct link for Raging Snowman.

Direct link to Loot Table.

Link to LoTS website forum post.

Tommy

Original Post

Flag Post

Update for Userscripts that are highly suggested for this game are:

- Doomcat’s LoTS Raid Link Helper for Chat by Doomcat, which formats Kongregate’s chat to allow you to see the name of the raid, it’s FS/OS, if you have visited it before, and even keeps a record of raids that have been posted in chat.

- Quickfriend also by Doomcat, which allows you to add everyone in the chat room as your friend. This is very useful when going for the fleet badge. Note that you will have to refresh Firefox after installing this script if you are using it.

The following two links work together:
-LoTS Raid Link Gatherer by cconoly gathers all public posted raids, and sends them to a database.
-"LoTS Kongregate Raid List’:http://cconoly.com/lots/ also by cconoly displays all of the gathered data.

- Raid Poster/Loader by SReject, which allows you to upload raids from pastebin or LoTS Kongregate Raid List to chat, or load them into the game so that you don’t have to copy/paste multiple raids individually.

It is suggested you have both Doomcat’s and cconoly’s scripts, as Doomcat’s allows you to see live what raids are being posted, while cconoly’s allows you to see what raids are being posted in other chat rooms or before you logged on.

Tommy

Original Post