Grammatical errors

6 posts

Flag Post

Just thought I should point it out, in the two new items “Anguished love top” and “Anguished love gloves” say in the description “…that was by TALOS’…” the TALOS’ should be TALOS’s, showing possessive. Since TALOS is a singular noun, and not plural of TALO, then you need the ‘s not just the ’. It would be like saying Kansas’. That’s wrong it’s Kansas’s.

I know this isn’t anything very important but felt like pointing it out.

Flag Post

The Oxford Dictionary notes that the extra “s” is not used for place names and organizations.
Therefore, TALOS’ is correct.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CrappyNick:

The Oxford Dictionary notes that the extra “s” is not used for place names and organizations.
Therefore, TALOS is correct.

Flag Post

Style guides (etc.) vary on this issue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostrophe#Singular_nouns_ending_with_an_.E2.80.9Cs.E2.80.9D_or_.E2.80.9Cz.E2.80.9D_sound

As a matter of in-house style, I prefer to use the traditional method of adding the apostrophe to s-ending words without also adding a second ‘s’.

This may reflect the kind of Victorian primary school education I received – filled with old-fashioned values and corporal punishment.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cleomedes:

As a matter of in-house style, I prefer to use the traditional method of adding the apostrophe to s-ending words without also adding a second ‘s’.

This may reflect the kind of Victorian primary school education I received – filled with old-fashioned values and corporal punishment.

You and I must have attended the same school. ;-) I was also taught the same usage (in re: trailing possessive apostrophes).

p.s. Nice job on the script/dialogue for LoTS, Cleomedes. Maybe a LoTS novel is in order. :-)

Flag Post
Originally posted by CrappyNick:

p.s. Nice job on the script/dialogue for LoTS, Cleomedes. Maybe a LoTS novel is in order. :-)

Thank you. I’m glad you like it.